- Text Size +
(This chapter is dedicated to my buds Joolligan and Soosie! Hope ya love it! =P)

AJ walked into his darkened suite and dropped his card key on the table by the door. Since Kevin had left the studio earlier that day, the guys had all agreed that he had been right. A few days away from one another were definitely what they needed, and AJ was more than happy to be away from Nick. Constantly fighting was not how he wanted to spend the next few weeks, but he knew that the way things were going it was bound to turn out like that.

Plopping down on the large sofa, AJ grabbed up the remote control and began channel surfing. What a great way to spend my days off, he thought with a cynical snort. After passing countless infomercials about weight loss remedies and get rich quick schemes, he settled on a rerun of Newlyweds on MTV.

“A marathon…great,” he mumbled to himself as the show faded from yet another dimwitted remark from Jessica Simpson to a far too long string of commercials. Laughing to himself he shook his head. “If only beauty equaled brains.”

Just as he was about to turn the television off and head to bed, one of those vacation commercials flashed onto the screen. It was almost like a light bulb had been turned on and he snatched up the telephone. He knew just how to spend his long weekend. After a quick phone call to make arrangements, AJ dialed Kevin’s cell phone and waited to see if he would answer.

“Hello?” came Kevin’s stiff voice after five rings.

“Kev, man, what are you doing?” AJ asked in a bright tone.

“What do you want AJ?”

“Look, I know that you thought you were gonna have a nice weekend alone, moping in your hotel or in some bar, but you are so wrong.”

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asked in an exasperated tone of voice. “Shouldn’t you be doing something other than bugging me?”

“Okay, yes, you have a point Kevin,” AJ said quickly so Kevin wouldn’t hang up on him. “I just called to tell you to back a pag.”

“AJ, have you been drinking?” Kevin deadpanned.

“What?! No! Sorry…PACK a BAG, man.”

“Pack a bag? Are you out of your mind, AJ?”

“Do you even have to ask me that, Kev? C’mon, man, don’t ask questions…just do as I ask, okay? Listen to me for once.”

AJ listened closely as Kevin grew quiet. He knew that even though Kevin was a big hard ass, being told to pack a bag had intrigued him. But had it intrigued him enough to actually listen to AJ? Come on, Kev.

“You’re not gonna go and get my ass arrested are you?” Kevin finally asked.

“Well, you know…if I can, I will,” AJ grinned to himself.




Bianca rode in bored silence as she picked at her perfectly manicured fingernails. Letting out a sigh, she turned to stare out the window, wondering why she had to leave tonight instead of in the morning. After a few minutes, the car finally lurched to a stop in front of the airport.

Madd Dog quickly climbed from the front seat of the car and opened the door for Bianca. “Why do you look so pissed tonight?”

“I’m not pissed,” she huffed and rolled her eyes. “I’m just tired.”

“Uh huh,” the burly bodyguard raised a skeptical eyebrow but let the subject drop for the time being.

Bianca let out a tired sigh as she plopped into her first class seat and waited for the plane to take off. Red eye flights were definitely not at the top of her favorites list, but in this case, she really didn’t have much of a choice. LA then Vegas…that was her schedule for the next few days. Interviews, small concerts and hardly any time to herself that was what her life consisted of nowadays. But it was everything she had ever wanted, so she wasn’t going to start complaining.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Madd Dog’s booming voice broke into her thoughts.

With a curt nod, Bianca turned her face to the dark window and pretended to be asleep. In a few hours she would be in Los Angeles ready to be Miss Celebrity, but until then, she only wanted to be left alone.




Nick woke up to bright beams of sunlight shining in his eyes. Sitting up, he groaned and scrubbed a hand over his face before checking the clock. 8:11 Nick bolted from the bed in a sudden frenzy. He was going to be late; the guys would kill him. Then, as suddenly as he had come off the bed, he remembered that he didn’t have anywhere to be. A long weekend via Kevin’s orders.

Breathing a quick sigh of relief, Nick fell back onto the king sized bed and draped an arm over his eyes. After a few minutes, he realized that he wasn’t going to be able to fall asleep again and he decided to get dressed and go for breakfast.

Not wanting to be stuck in his hotel alone all day, Nick decided to walk to the small café just down the street from his hotel. After he ordered his coffee and a muffin, for lack of anything better, Nick picked up a newspaper and headed for a table near the back away from everyone.

Taking off his baseball cap, Nick ran his hand through his disheveled hair. I need to get a haircut soon, he thought. Just as he began to skim over the headlines of the morning newspaper a commotion at the entrance of the café caught his attention and he turned to see what was going on. He nearly choked on his muffin when he caught site of what was happening.

Bianca had just walked in, but she wasn’t alone. It would have been better if she had been alone; he would have been able to ignore her. Turning around quickly, Nick hoped they hadn’t spotted him in his corner.

His shoulders slumped in disappointment as he heard the ever familiar voices behind him.

“Yo, dawg, look who it is!” a nasal voice cried over the other people. “Yo, Bean, it’s Nick.”

Nick groaned loudly as he turned to find Bianca staring at him and none other than Justin Timberlake on her arm. “This is a new low,” he mumbled to himself and gathered his things so he could make his way out of there; suddenly, there was not enough space for him.

“Nick,” Bianca’s cold voice was suddenly behind him.

He stood up and turned around, plastering a huge smile onto his face. “Hey Bean, nice to see you and you’re new friend.”

“I believe you know who he is, right Nick?” Bianca’s voice had taken on a sudden hint of snobbishness.

“It’s just Justin,” Justin said as he came and wrapped his arm around Bianca’s waist.

“I would have to say this is a new low for you,” Nick said as Justin was distracted by something on the other side of the coffee shop.

“Oh, do I sense a hint of jealousy, Nick?”

Before Nick could give her his reply (“Me jealous? Of HIM?”) Justin cried out excitedly.

“Look!” he said pointing across the busy street. “Drums!”

Bianca gave him a quizzical look and just nodded.

“Here,” Justin said thrusting something at Bianca. “Hold my jacket.”

Bianca and Nick just stared after Justin as he ran quickly from the café.

“Yeah,” Nick said with a short nod. “I’m really jealous.”

Bianca blushed furiously as Nick pushed past her and out the door.




“Man, this is the life,” AJ mumbled sleepily as he awoke in his king sized bed. Sitting up, he looked around at his suite and smiled. Leaning over to the bedside table, he picked up the phone and dialed the number to Kevin’s suite and waited for him to answer.

“What?”

“Wake up call,” AJ tried his best to make himself sound like a woman.

“AJ, you’re a dick,” Kevin’s voice was still thick with sleep.

“Hey, man, don’t resort to name calling, okay?” he sounded offended. “But if you wanna sleep this wonderful Las Vegas day away, you go right ahead. I’m going down to the casino to test my luck.”

“Just don’t lose it all,” Kevin said and hung up.

“Yeah, right,” AJ said to himself as he got up and got dressed. “Luck is my middle name.”