- Text Size +
Swollen Issues II - Chapter Eight

It was an dangerous game

Aaron had no intention to get caught. He was spying on his brother that were inside the bathroom. Afraid to get caught he put his ear against the bathroom door, listening if there were any wierd sounds. Hearing nothing he concluded that he had been nervous for nothing. Just as he was about to stand up straight, the bathroom door opened, hitting him in the face.

" Ouuuucchhhhh!" Aaron screamed as he felt his cheek impact against the hard wooden door.

" AARON?" Nick yelled in suprise, " What the heck are you doing you're little twirlp," he said as he held an firm grip on his brother neck collor.

" Nuthin'," the teenager responded angrily, rubbing his sore nose. " Why did you have to hit me?"

" Hit you? Why the heck did you have your face close to the door?" Nick looked at Aaron a bit suspeciously, " You're not spying, are you?" He tightened the grip harder.

" Me?," Aaron asked, " No, I'm just waiting for the bathroom." He jerked, trying to get loose, " Let me go!"

" Ok, but you better not spy on me," Nick warned his little brother as he let him go.

" Nooo! Who would wanna know about your BORING life anyway?" the small blonde said with a grin.

" Millions of girls," his older brother said, giving him a swap on his head.

" In your dreams, fatso," Aaron laughed, running away. Nick took up the hunt immediatly, " Now you little creep. You're gonna get it!"

The hunt went through the whole house and Aaron ran, trying to get away from his brother. Nick panted after him. It hurt to breath, and he felt like he would pass out, still he wouldn't stop. When things started to swam infront of him he stopped abruptly, hands on his knees. Breathing hard.

Shit, Nick thought, I have a bad condition. He shook his head, trying to clear the cow webs. He would need to work out more. Maybe the guys were right, he was in bad shape and needed to back off on the goodies.

Suddenly Aaron notice that his brother wasn't behind him and as he turned around he saw that Nick was bent over, trying to catch his breath. An hint of fright passed through him. Something was wrong. He walked back, eyeing his brother carefully.

" Are you Ok?" he asked, putting an hand on the shoulder.

" Yeah, I'm fine," Nick shrugged, shaking his brothers hand off him. The room wasn't spinning too bad anymore and he felt better. Straightining up he let out an shaky breath.

" What happend?" Aaron demanded, all concerned.

" Happend? Nothin' happend," the older brother said, " Quit worrying." There were annoyance in his tone of voice. But seeing his younger brothers scared expression, he changed it. " Aaron, really, It's ok."

" Hmhm..." Aaron nodded, not believing a word that his brother said. He felt upset. His brother was always brushing off like he was too small to understand anything. Well Aaron understood allright, Nick was in some kind of trouble.

" Hey dude, you wanna play some Nintendo?" Nick asked, trying to cheer up the situation.

" Whatever," he mumbled as he followed his brother into the living room. Frowning he studied Nick as he hunched down beside the game player. Was Nick putting on more weight? He knew that his brother had been batteling weight problems on and off and that his mother had several times complained that Nick needed to watch out what he ate or he would get unattractive. And ugly people don't make sucess!!!

Aaron felt bad while thinking about this, yet he felt soo concerned. What if Nick was actually making himself sick so that he would loose weight. Nick never ever seemed to be bothered when Aaron picked on the weight issue. His older brother was a smart mouth and always retrorted something back, up until now. Recently when his mother picked on Nicks weight problems Nick clammed up and that was something that was unusual for him. After coming back from Japan Aaron had noticed that his brother always seemed too swollen around the stomach. In a strange kind of way. He knew that Nick had the mumps in Tokyo, but how long did an diesease like this last?

" Haaaaloooooo!!!!" Nick called out, waving infront of Aarons face, trying to get his attention.

The teenager jerked, " Uh..hrm..what???"

" Are you spacin' out on me bro?" Nick asked, then said with a chuckle, " That is my task, ya know! You ok?"

Aaron shrugged.

" Aaron you look a little pale. You're not getting sick, are you?" his mother asked instantly as she entered the room.

" No," the blonde muttered, " I'm fine, ask Nick instead." He recieved an hard glare from his big brother. " Mom, Nick is having some trouble and.."

His brother wheezed, " Shut the fuck up," giving a threatning fist.

Not listening to what her son said she continue, " You better not catch the flu that is going around since you have to start reharse for the show in a couple of days." There were a gleam of threat in her voice. " Besides we have to go on a promotion meeting tomorrow with dinner, all the people are there and I want you Aaron, as well as the girls to meet some important people that may do you good for your carrier.

Nick sighed. His mother was always into business and this was no exception. She was going on and on talking about Aarons upcoming tour and that he wasn't exersising enough. Nick started to open his mouth, but was cut off again, " And you young man needs to get in shape too. You two are much too lazy for your own good," she concluded as she left the room again, not waiting for her sons to give back an respond.

Another sigh came from Nick. His realtion with his mother was pretty much the same as it had always been. Cold and rather professional. Jane was a true stage mom. Looking at Aaron he hoped that she wouldn't push him too far, like she had done at times with him. Giving a quick look at his little brother he saw that his mother had been right. Aaron looked like crap. It was like he was nervous for something. Maybe he was coming down with the same shit as he had been batteling all week. That would be great. Two sickheads in the same house. His mother would laugh from joy, or then maybe not.

After playing Nintendo in silence for a while Nick felt obligated to start an conversation. Aaron looked like he was in his own thoughts all the time. It was like he was down or something, not his own talkative self. He needed some cheering up.

" Hey squirrel," Nick said, patting the teen on his head, " Do you wanna sleep over at my room tonight? Like old times."

Aaron shrugged, " I'll guess he said," lacking enthusiasm.

Frowning Nick asked, " Mom ain't right is she. You're not getting sick or somethin'?"

"NO!," Aaron shouted, jerking back as Nick tried to check him out for fever, " I've just have alot of things on my mind."

" Yeah like what?" Nick laughed, " Girl trouble?" He ruffled the blondes hair.

" No, and knock it off," Aaron tried to get away. " Stop it, you know I hate that!"

" Yeah and I luuuuuuv it," Nick grinned, then continued with the tourture, but Aaron wasn't too pleased, " Leave me alone!" With that he stood up and ran out from the room, leaving a stunned Nick. Hormons, he thought, shaking his head.

Back in his room Aaron lay on the bed, upset and mad. Nick was playing some game with him. Acting like everything was normal, yet there were something wrong with him. And his mother never listened. Like if that was something new.

*******************

It was midnight and Aaron was laying in bed. In his brothers room. After his fit Nick came up to talk to him and after a while he had agreed to bunk at Nick's room for the night. Now he was alone in the room since Nick was in the adjoining bathroom, getting ready for bed.

He typed in the word " shortness of breath and sick" and there were many sympthoms coming up. A whole list of diseases. all from heart failure and cancer to drugs and common cold. Aaron eyed them up and down when he suddenly heard Nick saying, " What are you looking at?" Quickly he shut off the computer. There were no need in having his brother see what he was searching for.

" What? Uh..not much." He said, sounding way too innocent for Nick to buy it.

" Are you watching porn now again?;" Nick laughed as he crawled into bed.

" No," Aaron was starting to get upset, " Why is it that whenever I am out on the net everybody thinks that I am watching nude babes?"

" Beacuse you usually are," Nick said, yawning and getting a snort back. " Hey dude, do you mind if I turn out the light. I'm getting really sleepy here?"

" No, s'okey," Aaron said as he rolled to his side, so that he could face Nick. He was laying beside his brother in the twin bed. Like they had done so many times, but then it was bunk beds, when they were younger.

There were a bit of silence before Aaron broke it with an loud fart.

" Hey man, " Nick laughed, " That was one was nasty!"

Aaron giggled, " Yeah you should know, you've taught me." He ripped another one.

" I did not," Nick said, defending himself. But he was still laughing, " Aww man, that one was ripe! What the hell did you eat???" The older boy held his nose, trying to black out the foul stentch.

" He hehehe..nothing compared to this," Aaron let go with another one go, even meaner than before, and this had Nick yelling, " Fresh air. I need fresh air." He sounded like he couldn't breath, grabbing his throat and for a while Aaron got afraid that there might be something else and he stopped giggling. With Nick one never knew.

" You better stop that man, or you're out of here. For good!"

Feeling relieved, Aaron laughed again. " If you think that those were bad, then check this one out," he made a threat and Nick swiftly threw himself over his little brother.

" Nooooo Niiiiiiiccckkkk!!!," Aaron yelled. " You're crushing me."

" Good, no more farts then." Nick was holding his brother down, tickle him, and Aaron complained loudly. " Get off me, you PIG!" He was trying hard to break loose. The response were more tickling.

" I caaaaannntttt breathe," the teen panted, trying to get some air.

" Serves you right for poluting the air," Nick chuckled.

Aaron was starting to get really uncomfortable and he mumbled, " Nick, stop it!!!"

" Ok," slowly Nick rolled off his brother, and Aaron could finally get some air. " Gosh, Nick. You most weigh a ton," he complained, instantly regretting his words when he saw the reflection of sadness that clouded his brothers eyes. " Man, I didn't mean it like that I just.."

" S' ok" Nick interrupted him. " We better sleep now anyway."

" Mhm."

" And Aaron?"

"Yes?"

" No more farts. Or else I'm gonna kick your ass!"

" I'll try. Promise," Nick chuckled and Aaron couldn't help but grin. Bathroom humour always had them going.

There were silence for a while before Aaron called out," Nick?"

" Yeah?"

" You're ok?".

" Sure"

" True?"

" Yeah, now go to sleep or I'm gonna kick your ass."

Aaron smiled, snuggling up. Nick was the best.

************

3 am!

Nick tried to see the figures, but it was way to blurry to make anything out. He'd waken up after yet another nightmare, drenched in coldsweat. Pulling his hand trough his hair it came away all wet. The t-shirt that he wore to bed was stuck to his body and he shivered slightly. His skull was pounding fiercely and he had an undescribed feeling in the pit of the stomach.

Looking at the side he saw that Aaron was snoring softly. The boy looked so peaceful and Nick couldn't help smiling despite his own misery. Another shiver wracked his body and he decided that he needed to shred these clothes and get into the shower. Sitting up, carefully not to disturb the teen, Nick set his bare feet on the floor. Aaron was mumbling something in his sleep and Nick tensed. Shit, he better not wake up since the strange feeling in the stomach had suddenly turned to nausea and the salty taste in his mouth told him that he might hurl.

And he there were no need for his brother to witness such an event.

" Nick?" there were a rustle in the bed. Crap, not now, Nick thought as he was about to stand up.

" Where are you going?" the teen asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

" Shhh..go to sleep," Nick mumbled, " I just have to take a leak."

" Hmnm..," Aaron mumbled, tightning the sheet closer to him.

Breathing a sigh of relief Nick made it to the bathroom. After getting a quick glance in the mirror he was met with shock. The face staring back at him was pale with red splotches in his skin. His eyes were red, especially underneath them. In short he looked sickly. Taking up his damp t-shirt he gave an disgruntled sound. Even if he didn't have much of an apetite these days he still looked like the marshmelllow man!

Stepping into the shower, he gripped his stomach. Ouch it hurt!!! There were a pain that was worse than he ever felt and all his strength drained off him. Bending over he tried to get his body into control. Praying he hoped that the pain would lessen and that Aaron didn't have to wake up to witness this.

The pain gradually lessened and he was able to stand up again. Maybe it was just stomach cramps. With that he turn on the watertap. It felt good as the water lessened his pain even more and he started to feel like a human again. As he was about to dry himself there were a shout from the bedroom.

" Nick??? What are you doing?"

" Taking a shower, go to sleep again," Nick said, not wanting to alarm his little brother,

" Yeah, hrm..are you ok?"

" Uh huh..now sleep!" There were a reason for Nick being short with his words. The cramps were back and this time he was sure that he would hurl too. Moving at the speed of light he made it to the bowl just in time for the dinner to re-appear again in a not so nice way.

In the bedroom Aaron heard alarmingly how his brother was sick again. An uneasy feeling crept upon him and he wanted to go to his parents. Getting up from bed he walked nervously to the well lit bathroom. Seeing Nick hunched over made him feel unease.

"Nick?," he murmured softly, getting no response from his sick brother. " Do you want me to get mom and dad?"

All he got was an negative respond back as an shake of the head.

" You're sick, you need some help." Aaron stated, not wanting to drop the subject. He was shivering from fright since he didn't know what to do when his brother was feeling this bad.

Between the heaves Nick managed to choke out, " I'm fi..fine."

" Fine!," Aaron snorted. " And my name is Santa!!"

Despite his miserable state Nick couldn't help to make a small smile, just to be interupted with another bout. This sucked. The teen shivered even more and he held his arms together to get some warmth. Nick sounded so bad and he didn't know what to do. Being the baby in the family he had never been good at dealing with sickness. Tears started to run down his cheeks.

Noticing his little brother crying silently Nick felt bad for scaring him, putting him in an position like this. After regaining some strength he mumbled, " Aaron calm down. It's just stomach flu."

The small blonde nodded, wiping off the tears with the back of his hand. " You're sure?" he asked hesitantly.

" Yes, and don't go to mom and dad. They will just get upset."

Aaron nodded. His brother was right. They didn't take situations like this very well. With a sigh he sank down beside Nick. Even if his brother was sick he would be there for him, even if it just meant that he would be there with his precence.

This was going to be a long christmas night!