- Text Size +
Naturally, I didn't go to school that day. I don't think that I'm going to be going for a while. This whole week, at least, I'll be way too upset to go. Then the next two weeks I'm going to be in Nevada with AJ.

I stayed in my room for a few hours, but then went back downstairs. AJ was in the living room with Natalie, explaining to her what happened. I blew up at him by screaming, "You don't got to go and tell everyone!"

I don't feel bad about it. I mean, I hardly know this Natalie woman. She doesn't need to know MY business. But I know that AJ's sorry about it. At least he acts like he's sorry about it. But he has been feeling sorry for me all day.

But now we're in the living room again. Natalie is out getting her and AJ lunch. I didn't want any. AJ is on the phone with Casey, Mom's best friend. She was giving him the information on what happened. But I didn't want to talk to her. I didn't really want to talk to anybody.

"Well he'll be fuckin wishing he were dead when I get over there." AJ said to her.

He was probably talking about Mom's dumbass boyfriend, Jonathan. I guess that means he's not dead. I wish he were though. I wish he were dead instead of my mom.

"Yeah, we'll be flying out there on the 31st... " AJ told her, "Yeah we'll stay in a hotel... "

A hotel. It is better than staying with Casey since she has such a small apartment. It would probably scare AJ because it's so small. He's not used to that. But he has become attached to hotels.

"I don't know," AJ's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "Um, do you wanna talk to her?"

I shook my head. Please don't make me talk to anyone! Please!

"Wait, uh, actually I think it would be better if you didn't right now. Sorry." AJ told her when he saw me shaking my head, "Okay, I'll talk to you later... Bye."

AJ hung up the phone and set it on the table. He put his head back and closed his eyes muttering, "Too much drama. Too much fucking drama."

I didn't say anything. But I did agree with him. Too much drama. Too much unwanted drama. But I did want to find out one thing.

"What happened to her boyfriend?" I asked AJ.

"He's in the hospital. But they say that he's in stable condition and that he'll be out of the hospital in a few days." AJ told me, "But he should be the one who?s dead. The dumb fuck was drunk while he was driving your mom."

"So it's his fault that all of this happened?" I asked.

AJ nodded. "Yup, his fault and the car he ran into." He said, "But you can't really blame the person in that car cuz he's dead too."

"So he killed two people?" I asked.

"Yeah. I should kill him." AJ said.

"You should." I agreed, "But why the hell did my mom go with him when he was drunk?"

"I don't really know. My guess is as good as yours." AJ explained to me.

So Jonathan was drunk. Recovering alcoholic my ass. He was just using that to get to my mom. Maybe while AJ is killing him I can help.

Natalie came back a few minutes later with some Carl's Jr. Bags. Uh oh. Does she not know that in the House of AJ, all you can get is McDonald's? It's an unwritten rule.

She gave AJ his and asked me, "How are you doing, Kel?"

My mom's dead you idiot. How do you think I am? "I don't know." I answered her.

Natalie smiled at me and sat on the other side of the couch, next to AJ. AJ put his bag down and said, "I'm not hungry anymore."

Hmm... I wonder why. How could he have even been hungry in the first place? I feel like I'll never eat again. Eh, I probably will actually.