- Text Size +
A.N.: Yes, another chapter. But only because the last one was SO short! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Lenore & story idea. BSB own themselves. The people who own the Chipmunks own Miss Grudge - sh'es just not this mean in the cartoons. Thank-you!
I don’t know when she’ll come back She must intend to come back I’ve seen the error of my ways
Flashback…

“What are we doing today?” The eight-year-old on the bus asked. “Other than the concert tonight?”

“We were planning on doing something fun, but aren’t sure as to what yet,” Brian answered smiling. “Why? What would you like to do Sweetie?”

“Hmm. How ‘bout we bug Kevin?” She grinned. “I know I always enjoy doing that.”

Kevin ruffled her hair. “Only you can get away with it too, Kiddo.”

Lenore smirked. “That’s ‘cause I’m privileged and loved.”

“Loved,” she thought. “I’m finally and honestly loved.”

“And you know it too,” A.J. laughed. “You’re amazingly the only one Kevin hasn’t killed yet.”

“You mean, you’ve already died and gone to Freak Heaven A.J.?” She queried. “Gee, and I thought you were just weird ‘cause you were you.”

A.J. gave her a pretend Look. “Oh, really?”

“Yeah, really.”

He the proceeded to chase her around the bus, until he’d finally caught up to her and began to tickle her as she giggled uncontrollably.

“Say uncle!” A.J. told her.

“Never!” She cried through giggles.

Eventually, A.J. let her go, then raced her back into the kitchen area of the bus, to see what the guys had planned.

They decided to go to Wonderland, as they were in Toronto, Ontario for the Canadian leg of their tour. Once there, they headed towards Hannah Barbara Land, as that’s where Lenore had wanted to go.

“Is Fred Flintstone really here?” She wanted to know, as she held Kevin and Brian’s hands in hers. “Is it true Scooby-Doo lives here too?”

“Yes, Lil’ One, it’s true,” Kevin smiled. “They do reside here, as does the Smurfs, Yogi, Huckleberry Hound, Captain Cave Man, George Jetson, Astro, Barney Rubble, etc.”

She gasped. “Barney Rubble lives here?”

“Yeah,” Nick shrugged. “Point?”

“Oh my God! I have to meet him!” She cried. “Naturally, I have to meet Fred too though.”

“Naturally,” A.J. teased.

She stuck her tongue out at him, then raced ahead to meet Yogi Bear, with Nick close behind her.

Once they’d done all they could do in the free time they actually had, and she’d met her favourite Flintstone characters, they headed for the Sky Dome for that night’s show.

Lenore walked over to Kevin once she’d finally spotted him coming out of make-up.

“Kevin?” She called softly, for she suddenly felt shy.

“Yeah, Lil’ One?”

“Can I come on stage tonight?” She queried just barely above a whisper.

“Why?” Kevin wanted to know, although he knew he’d probably let her, if she really wanted to come out and join them.

“I wanna help y’all out with Quit Playin’ Games,” she answered. “And I sort of have a plan cooked up in my head.”

“Sure, you can come out and help us,” he grinned. “Just what has the mind of yours cooked up this time?”

“You’ll see,” she smiled. “Thanks Kevin.”

“No problem, Kiddo,” he replied ruffling her hair, before joining the other guys to go on stage.

Finally it was time for Quit Playin’ Games, and Lenore confidently, yet shyly made her way out to where Kevin was waiting for her.

“Okay y’all, as you know, this is Lenore,” he said into his microphone. “She’s gonna help us out with the next song by playing the keyboard.”

The crowd cheered, and she looked shyly down at the floor.

Kevin bent down and whispered in her ear, “Knock ‘em dead Lil’ One.”

She grinned at him, then dashed over to where Tommy was standing with his keyboard.

“Thanks for helping me out Tommy,” she stated. “I appreciate it.”

“Glad I could help,” Tommy replied. “I think the Boys are going to be quite shocked when you go into your own little song at the end.”

“Glad they weren’t here for the rehearsal and that everyone else agreed to let me do it,” she rejoined, tuning the keyboard. “Well, wish me luck.”

“Luck,” Tommy chuckled as he left the stage.

The Boys sang Quit Playin’ Games, and were shocked when Lenore kept on playing the keyboard.

“What’s she doing?” Nick whispered to A.J. “She’s supposed to stop and she knows it.”

“I dunno,” A.J. whispered back. “I think Kev may have an idea, ‘cause he’s standing there smiling ‘bout something.”

[A.N.: She’s singing Christina Aguilera’s, What A Girl Wants, but the odd word has been changed. And sorry it's all bunched together - but if I did it any other way, it'd take away from the original song this fic is based on]

"I wanna thank-you, for giving me the time I need. Like a rock you waited so patiently. While I got it together. While I figured it out. I only looked but I never touched. 'Cause in my heart was a picture of us. Holdin’ hands, making plans and it’s lucky for me you understand. What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever makes me happy sets you free. And I’m thanking you for knowing exactly. What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever keeps me in your arms. And I’m thanking you for being there for me. Yeah, yeah. A weaker man might have walked away. But you had faith. Strong enough to move over and give me space. While I got it together. While I figured it out. They say if you love something, let it go. If it comes back it’s yours. That’s how you know. It’s for keeps yeah. It’s for sure, and you’re ready and willing. To give me more than…” she sang. “What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever makes me happy sets you free. And I’m thanking you for giving it to me. What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever keeps me in your arms. And I’m thanking you for being there for me. Yeah, yeah. A kid need somebody sensitive but tough. Somebody there when the goin’ gets rough. Every day he’s giving his love. To just me. Somebody cool but real sweet too. Somebody, Daddy, just like you. Can keep me hangin’ around. With the one who always knows. What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever makes me happy sets you free and I’m thanking you for giving it to me. What a kid wants. What a kid needs. Whatever keeps me in your arms. And I’m thanking you for being there for me. ”

She finished the song, and glanced shyly over at the Boys.

“Wait a minute,” Brian accidentally said aloud, and into his microphone. “Did she just call me Daddy?”

Lenore smiled at him, then spoke into the microphone in front of her. “Yes, Daddy, I did. I…I love you.”

Brian couldn’t have looked any happier than he did right then. Hearing those eight little words come from her meant the world and so much more to him.

She looked at his smiling face and beamed happily as she ran over to where he was standing and hugged him tight.

He hugged her back with all his might, picked her up, twirled her around, hugged her again, kissed her cheek, then finally placed her back on the ground. Once she was on solid ground again, he draped his arm over her and held her close to him.

“I love you too Sweetie,” he said softly, forgetting again that his microphone was still on. “I always will no matter what.”

End of flashback…