- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A.N.: Here's another chapter, 'cause last one was so short. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore & story idea. BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Song is Can't Be Really Gone by Travis Tritt.

Her book is lying on the bed The two of hearts to mark her page

Flashback…

“Daddy?” She gasped once she’d opened her eyes. “What happened? Where am I?”

“You’re in the Hospital Sweetie,” Brian informed her. “There was an accident.”

“Am I going home soon?”

They all casually looked at one another.

“I am going to be okay, aren’t I?” She asked sort of panicky. “Please, tell me I can go home.”

“Lenore, Hun, I’m afraid you’re worse off than you think,” Howie told her calmly as Brian became all choked up. “I’m sorry. I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but, the doctors told us you might not make it.”

He’d said, “might” instead of “won’t”, as he didn’t want to scare her anymore than she already was.

“I’m…I’m going to die…”

The Boys looked away then, as to not have to see the look on her face at that moment.

She winced in pain then, as everything suddenly became very clear.

“J.,” she began. “I want you to have all my written work. It’s on the floor in my closet, buried at the very back, in a box with a picture of you on the top.”

A.J. nodded, and squeezed her hand. “Thanks Babe. I’ll take good care of them for you.”

“Double D., I want you to take my laptop, so you can email your family, instead of jacking up your phone bill everytime you go on tour.”

“Sure thing Hun,” Howie said, then kissed her cheek. “Thanks for the advice.”

“Daddy Kevin, you’re to have my music box,” she replicated. “I also want you to have the latest song I wrote. It’s stuffed in the corner of my pillow case.”

“Thank-you Lil’ One,” Kevin smiled with tears in his eyes.

“Now, give me a hug Daddy Kev, I ain’t got all day.”

“Hold your horses Kiddo,” Kevin told him.

“I haven’t any horses and you know it,” she riposted as she hugged him.

She grimaced in pain again, then continued on with her list.

“Tell Airy, he’s to have my Ninja Turtle merchandise and Patch. Also, tell him, he’s not to lose Patch’s collar,” She verified. “Daddy, I want you to have Baby Duck and my diary.”

“Okay,” Brian responded before kissing her forehead and taking a hold of her right hand, as A.J. had her left.

“Nickster, you’re to keep my drawings, which are hidden under your bed, as that’s where I was when I drew them,” she smiled weakly.

Nick looked at her then, shocked that she wasn’t mad at him for the way he’d treated her earlier.

“I also want you to have Simon…”

“Lenore…”

“Nickster,” she retorted, cutting him off. “You are to keep Simon and take very good care of him for me. If not, I’ll come back and haunt you for all eternity and it won’t be pleasant.”

“But you said…”

“I know I always said I wanted to be buried with him, but I’ve thought about it carefully and want you to have him, as you’ll need him more than me,” she rejoined, beginning to cry. “Please, take care of Simon for me.”

“I will, I promise,” Nick assured her as he squeezed her foot.

“Thanks for…for making me…me happy and…and loving…me,” she just barely choked out. “I…I love…you.”

“We love you too,” they replicated.

The Boys all began to cry then, as her heart monitor went blank and beeped loudly.

End of flashback…