- Text Size +
19
Thanks for the latest review Aj's Sweetie :)

The door swung open and Jeremy walked in, "What the hell is going on here?" He was able to get out right before Kevin hit him in the back of the head with the frying pan. Jeremy fell down to the ground holding his head and groaning. "Come on let's go" Kevin said pushing me towards the door. I was about two steps outside when I heard a thud. I turned to see Kevin on the floor with Jeremy holding his leg.

Kevin struggled to break free of the bigger mans grasp. Kicking at him with his free leg. "Stop struggling you little shit!" Kevin was able to bat him on the head once again with the pan but Jeremy was on top of him in no time flat. Now sitting on Kevin and pinning him down to the ground. "Get off of him!" I yelled. Jeremy smiled. I never noticed before how many teeth he was missing. It was weird to picture Jim hanging out with this guy.

"Nick, get the hell out of here now!" Kevin screamed still wiggling from side to side to try to break free. Once again I stood frozen watching the scene unfold. It was an eerie kind of déjà vu`. "Get out of here now! Dammit!" Kevin yelled again. Jeremy actually had his hands around Kevin's neck now. I knew I had to do something. I ran past them back into the cabin to look for something to hit the big jerk with. The frying pan would have been my natural choice but it had since been knocked out of all hands and laid right in the middle of the action. Then I saw a piece of wood lying there on the ground. I ran over to grab it.

When I bent down a whole new wave of dizziness overtook me. So fierce this time I almost blacked out. I put my hands to my head and willed it to go away so I could help Kevin who stopped yelling and was now making gasping noises. In the background, Jeremy was saying things like "How does that feel bitch? You hit me on the head I'm gonna kill you" That kind of made me just suck it up and grab the wood. It was heavy. I dropped it once as I made my way over to them. Jeremy was still choking Kevin who had his hands wrapped around Jeremy's arms. I walked behind Jeremy and hit him with all my might.

The force of the blow knocked him off of Kevin, who quickly rolled over on his side and began to cough. I inched my way closer to the still form of Jeremy just to make sure he was really out cold. Happily he was. Then I focused on Kevin who was still coughing. "Are you okay?" I asked him laying a hand on his arm. "I thought...I..told you...to get out...of here" He could barely breath but still he found a way to yell at me. Amazing!

"You're lucky I didn't, otherwise he would have killed you for sure" I said helping him to a sitting position.

"I could have handled it" He was able to get out in one breath. I was thankful for that. He was worrying me. "I'm sure you could have" I rolled my eyes at him, "now we better get out of here" I said getting to my feet. Once again the dizziness overtook me and I went falling back to the floor. That's when my vow to not vomit anymore until I was out of the hell hole went out the window. I turned and while on all fours, puked my guts out. All over Jeremy.

I felt a calming hand rubbing my back as I was doing it. That was nice. Even my Mom didn't do that. When one of us would get sick, she bailed. Chalking it up to a weak stomach. I can't blame her because I would do the same. If tables were turned and it was Kevin throwing up I would have made sure he was okay by yelling "Are you okay?" from across the room.

"Better now?" He asked in his slow drawl. I nodded but I was lying. I really thought I was going to die right then and there. My head was sure to explode right off of my shoulders. I knew we had to move soon though. Jeremy was not going to wake up a happy man. I for one didn't want to be around to witness it.

Kevin helped me to my feet and we walked out of the cabin. "We need to find the others" He said looking around at the woods. It was amazing to me that there was no path leading to this cabin. It really was hidden from the world. Who would buy a cabin so isolated from everyone? A man like Jeremy I guess. A man who has no social skills and three teeth left in his head.

"Brian!" Kevin yelled startling the crap out of me.

"AJ...Howie!"

He walked a little forward holding his hands up to his mouth to scream. He turned towards me and shrugged, "looks like they got out of here" He said, then nodded for me to follow him. I however, was having a difficult time even standing, let alone walking. I know I must have been swaying because he came over to me and tried to pick me up.

"Hells no" I said stepping away from him.

"It's hell no, God why do you put an S on the end of everything? It's annoying"

"You are not carrying me anywhere" Kevin stopped moving towards me and folded his arms in front of him.

"Fine, I hope you can keep up then because I am not slowing down because of you"

I knew what he was doing, he was trying that same bull crap my parents used on me when they thought I was being stubborn. Kevin kept walking while I just stood there, being dumb. He stopped and gave me a look, "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'm coming" I said mocking his drawl. I walked about two steps then had to stop. I thought I was going to fall. He smirked at me. "Well?" He said almost gloating. When I failed to move towards him he shrugged once again and started to walk. Then he stopped. "Shit!" He said walking backwards towards me.

"What?" He didn't have to bother to answer because I saw what he was talking about. Jim was standing there squinting at us, like we were at him. He was about a football fields length away.

Kevin ran over to me, "Hop on" He said turning his back towards me.

"You are giving me a piggy back?"

"Nick! I swear to God, just hop the hell on now" I did as I was told and Kevin adjusting to my added weight, got himself anchored and then turned and ran in the opposite direction. Away from Jim but also away from where we needed to be. We ran behind the cabin and into the woods.

Jim must have realized it was us, I mean there were two of us looking at him, so I knew for sure he was probably running to catch us. Kevin didn't even slow his pace once, he kept running deeper and deeper into the woods. Not even looking back. There were a few times I was afraid he was going to drop me. Especially when he got all Olympic athlete on me and started jumping over downed tree trunks. I was certain I was going to be sick so I just closed my eyes.

Transporting myself back to my house.

Shortly after we moved to Florida, my parents almost separated. Dad never wanted to move away from New York and it got so bad that they refused to even sleep in the same room together. Dad would actually sleep out in the car. Those were hard times for us, I always had to hide my worry for the sake of my brother and sisters. Holding Aaron on one leg and Angel on the other whispering that everything would work out. I never believed myself. Not once.

Then out of the blue dad came back inside while we were eating breakfast and exclaimed, "Enough drama, let's go to Disney World" Well, we were all positively excited about it.

"And where do we get the money for that?" Mom had asked taking the empty breakfast dishes and placing them in the sink.

"Today is not a day to worry about money sweet lips" That was my dad's nickname for Mom.

"Let's just go and have ourselves a great time"

Which is exactly what we did. We has so much fun and laughed like a family. All our troubles forgotten. I remember walking up to the Ninja Turtles after watching their live show and feeling positively star struck. I went and gave each one of them a hug. One of them grabbed me, and picked me up and tickled me. Aaron screamed bloody murder. He was sure I was about to be eaten by an overgrown turtle. I however, loved it. I remember thinking I can do that as we walked away from the park.

That's when the heavy duty auditions started for me. All because of the Ninja turtles.

I felt a hand on my head. I opened my eyes to see Kevin staring up at me with his fingers to his mouth and his eyes wide with fear. I tried to get up but he pushed me down and placed a hand on my mouth.

"I know you are here somewhere dammit!" I heard Jim exclaim.

One thing I knew then, was I wasn't in Disney World anymore.