- Text Size +
24
(Here comes the last chapter. Hope you enjoyed the story)

I closed my eyes as my chin hit the rocky ground. The thing that was unexpected for me, was seeing Jim on the ground next to me with his hands over his head once my eyes opened. Another gunshot rang out. "Who the hell is shooting at us?" Ironically enough, Jim screamed. Kevin ran over to me and grabbed me halfway up not caring if I was fully to my feet or not, and began dragging me back to where the others were hiding, leaving Jim to fend for himself.

"What is going on?" I yelled back up to him as I tried to get to my feet.

"It's Jeremy"

"Oh" Of course it was, who else would it be and he was probably pissed as all hell at us. Once we were a safe enough distance away, Kevin stopped and made sure I wasn't dying "you okay?" I nodded. "Thank God" He said grabbing me in a hug.

"Uh, hate to break up the warm moment you guys are having but we need to run now!" AJ said pointing to the oncoming Jeremy as he aided Jim to his feet.

Jeremy aimed the gun at us once again, "What the hell are you doing? Stop shooting at them" Jim yelled. At least we now knew that Jim really had no intention of killing us. Yeah real sweet Carter.

"Where the heck do we go?" Brian asked from what seemed like a mile ahead of all of us. That boy could run like his pants were on fire. "Get back here now!!" Was heard coming from the distance as we were definitely out running both Jeremy and Jim now. Brian disappeared as he approached another huge incline, "Oh great don't fall this time Kev" I yelled up to him since I had once again managed to fall way behind the others.

One by one they managed to disappear from my view as they ran over the hill and down to the clearing below. I stopped for a second to catch my breath. "Tired?" I looked over at Jim, "How did you...where did you?"

"I'm sneaky" He said as he moved closer to me. I back stepped making sure I didn't fall over the edge and roll down the hill. Hoping that at some point someone would notice I wasn't right behind them again. "Come on Nick, what's say you and I have a little fun huh?"

"By fun I hope you mean play a game of Basketball or something" I took another step backwards feeling the pebbles give way under my feet as I went. He laughed, "Come on, remember back at the hotel?" Okay any minute now guys...

Jeremy caught up and was now standing directly behind Jim pointing the stupid gun at me. Isn't it wrong that I wasn't even scared of the gun anymore? It became more like a nuisance then anything else. I knew he wasn't going to shoot me. "I suppose one is better then none right?" Jeremy asked. He had a huge black and blue over half his face. And one of his eyes was partly swollen.

"Not really, but once they see he's gone, they'll come back...until then, how about you leave the two of us alone Jeremy" My eyes grew wide with fear when he said that and I finally decided it was time to panic. "KEVIN!!" I screamed at the absolute top of my lungs as I bolted for the hill, only to be stopped by Jeremy grabbing me and swinging me back over towards Jim. Damn I hated being so small.

"HELP!!" I screamed once again, starting to think that they had forgotten about me, the short, cute blonde one. Jim put his hand over my mouth, just like he did when he found me getting ice what felt like a small eternity ago. "Shut up kid and no one will get hurt" That being said he started walking with me towards the bushes. I struggled the whole way not knowing what to think, but also knowing that I didn't want to find out.

A thump, had Jim turn around, while still muffling my screams, to find Brian and Howie on top of Jeremy wrestling him to the ground. Jim turned and kept moving with me trying my hardest to pull away from him. "Not so fast" Kevin said cutting us off right before the bushes.

"Oh please, kid, move out of my way"

"Let him go" Kevin stood his ground, giving me a reassuring look.

"Fine" He said pushing me down to the ground yet again. I found the ground was my best friend since I joined the Backstreet Boys. Kevin flinched a little as Jim started towards him. "You know, I should have beat you senseless when I had the chance" Jim sneered as he took a few more steps towards Kevin.

"I don't think so. I made that mistake once before and it's not going to happen again. You come at me and I'll fight back"

Jim took that as a challenge and literally lunged at Kevin throwing him down to the ground. But this time it was Kevin who seemed to be winning the battle, quickly rolling on top of Jim and punching him repeatedly in the face, "How dare you hit him and then try to take us here in the middle of nowhere" He was saying in between punches. By now, AJ had run up next to me and the two of us watched the scene with horror and amusement.

It was nice to know Kevin was on our side.

"And then you have the friggin nerve to try to molest the kid? What the holy hell is your problem?" He said punching him again.

"Uh Kev man.. I think you need to get off of him"

"Stupid son of a bitch!" He continued to pummel him. AJ walked over and grabbed Kevin's arm before it could make contact with Jim's face again, Kevin almost turned his anger on AJ then, ready to punch. "Woah!" AJ screamed in a high pitched comical squeal. I immediately made a mental note to remember that one for future ribbings.

"Sorry J" He said grabbing AJ in a hug then looking over my way. "Are you okay lil man?" I nodded. He then turned his attention back to Jim who lay a bloody unconscious mess on the ground at his feet. "Wow, I did that?"

"Yeah you did" AJ said hesitantly.

"Where's Brian and Howie?" He pointed over to Jeremy and smiled when he saw his cousin and Howie sitting on the guy who didn't look very happy. Kevin walked over to Jeremy and grabbed his hair, "Oh no here comes round two" I whispered to AJ. "You are going to tell us how to get the hell back to the main road or you are going to end up looking like him!" Kevin said, forcing Jeremy to look over at Jim.

"Okay okay....fine" Kevin let go of his hair and listened intently as Jeremy explained to him exactly how to get us out of this hellish place. Then he had AJ and I search for anything we could find to tie him to a tree were we left him until we would be able to get the police here to get them. We also tied Jim up just to be safe.

"And this is for throwing ice on my feet" I said as I kicked Jim once in the side. AJ looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Badass" I cracked a smile. Right before we left, Kevin turned back towards Jeremy, "You better hope you have told us the right way or else you'll be stuck here for a pretty long time"

"I hope you kids get eaten by a bear" Was the last thing I heard him say as we traveled towards the road and closer to our freedom.

"Kevin you really kicked some major ass back there" Brian said putting his arm around his cousin.

"I had to, my brothers were in danger" He winked at us.

"Well, you know...I would have totally been able to take him down myself if you hadn't have come" They all looked at me grinning. "What? I could have"

"Yeah I'm sure you could have Nick"

"And I was the one that got us out of the cabin in the first place.."

"We know Nick"

"And I was also the one who helped YOU when you were dangling in mid air.."

"And your point is?"

"I saved the day. Me the short young kid saved all of you"

"Uh, I know this is going to be an Awful pun, I almost hate to say it but...Nick, we're not out of the woods yet buddy" That just made everyone crack up. Really crack up. Howie had that gift, to say something so simple and have everyone die laughing about it. When the laughter died down we all continued onward until we happily heard the sounds of cars speeding by.

"I can't believe all of this happened can you guys?"

"Not really Nicky. Seems surreal to me"

"What does that mean?" I asked Kevin as he pat my head and looked at the last huge hill separating us from the road.

"You'll learn soon enough" Brian said putting his arm around my shoulder. "I thought you guys were never gonna realize I was gone"

"Nick we knew, we just had to get up that hill without them knowing we knew. You were never in any danger. We would have never let him hurt you"

"I really thought you guys hated me" I said out of the blue having them all, even Kevin stop and look my way. "I mean, before this happened and all, I really felt like you hated to even be in the same room with me"

"We never hated you Nicky. Never"

"Speak for yourself D" AJ said coming over and putting me in a headlock. "You are just fun to pick on"

"I just want you guys to know that I really like all of you. I really do and you don't have to feel like you have to baby-sit me. I can take care of myself"

Kevin moved by AJ and pulled him off of me by tackling him to the ground then he squatted down so he was shorter then I was, "You shouldn't have to take care of yourself. That's what we all will do. Take care of each other, like how you took care of me back there" He placed his hand on my neck and pulled me into a hug.

As we climbed up that hill and finally got back to civilization, I felt so close to them. They were my brothers and I never really knew that until that whole weird fiasco happened. Of course, because Lou was such a great PR person, by the time we were back, our parents and the police had conveniently found out that we were gone. I don't know why we never ratted him out.

I don't know or don't really care about what happened to the crazy J's as AJ and I like to call them when the topic of our kidnapping comes up. Which hasn't been much over the years. We decided not to let the public know about it and big surprise that Lou thought that was a great idea. It was our little secret, our bonding point.

SO many times in our relationship, when it got so bad that we barely wanted to say two words to each other, I have actually thought about kidnapping us all back to that cabin. Just so we can once again realize how incredibly much we mean to each other. And for the record, I never did see a bear.


The End
*I hope you all enjoyed this story. It was a light and fun one to write. Thank you for letting me share it with you :)

Mare