- Text Size +
::: I’m moving on// At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me// And I know there’s no guarantee’s but I’m not alone// There came a time in everyone’s life// When all you can see are the years passing by// And I've made up my mind// That those days are gone :::


“Stan I…I can’t do this anymore…this is a stressful environment I cannot handle this anymore,” Jordan Kelly said to her boss who stood there before her.


“What do you mean stressful environment?” he questioned.


“Too many things going on Stan…too many things that I cannot deal with at the moment, I'm sorry Stan,” Jordan apologized.


“Where am I supposed to find another writer as good as you?”


“Beats me…all I know is I probably will not be coming back” Jordan responded as gathered up the last of her things and carried them out to the car. She had been working there for almost two years now. Being a journalist was something she had always wanted to be, but she just couldn’t do it. Her heart isn’t in all the right places anymore. Moving on was her only choice. Jordan drove back home to her now lonely studio apartment that she once shared with her fiancé Alan. She never thought he would ever leave her they were so in love or so she thought. Jordan would always wish he would walk through the door and come and take her away. But she eventually gave up. As Jordan packed the rest of whatever needed to be packed she came across all the old pictures and love letters Alan had written to her. There were so many memories that they had shared, but they are all in the past now. She never understood what went wrong their relationship seemed to be just fine, but everything seems to have its flaw.


Jordan finished packing her belongings and soon started to pack them into her newly purchased Chevrolet Cavalier Jordan walked into her land lord’s office.


“Why hello Ms. Kelly what can I do for you?”


“Here are the keys to the studio…I am moving…don’t know where, but I am. There is just nothing here for me any longer,” Jordan said as she handed her the keys.


“Awe, that’s too bad Ms. Kelly…you were such a good attendant here. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. It’s a long and dark road, but you will know once you have found the right place to be in. You will finally feel comfortable with yourself.”


“Thanks Vinnie…I’ll miss you very much” she gave her a hug.


“Now get outta here kiddo…you don’t want to get caught in the midday traffic”


“Bye Vinnie,” She waved walking out the office. Jordan hopped into her car and drove off. As she drove she heard a song, or a part of a song that reminded her of what she was doing.


I’ve lived in this place// And I know all the faces// Each one is different but they’re always the same// The mean me no harm but it’s time that I face it// They’ll never allow me to chance// But I never dreamed home would end up there I don’t belong// I’m moving on


Jordan sat there and watched her eyes fill up with tears. She couldn’t believe that this was really happening she was moving on. Jordan went to a local gas station on her way out of town. She finally left the place she once knew as her home. As the part of the song played over and over in her head she was finally now out on the open road heading toward the south…and the path of moving on was finally becoming a reality.


Song Credit...' I'm Moving On' By: Rascal Flatts album: Rascal Flatts