- Text Size +
::: It’s a good night // To be out there soaking up the moonlight// Steak out a little piece of shoreline// I’ve got the perfect place in mind// It’s in the middle of nowhere// Only one way to get there// You gotta get a little mud on the tires :::


Jordan woke up around 10am wearing one of Brian’s Kentucky Wildcats shirts and sweat pants since she had forgotten her clothes in her car. She started looking around the house for but there was no sign of him. Jordan quickly walked into the kitchen and got something to drink. While drinking over the sink she spotted Brian pulling up into the driveway in a brand new 2005 black Chevrolet Silverado. Jordan walked out onto the porch in amazement. He had this beat up 1950 Ford truck yesterday and then he comes home with a brand new one. Brian honked the horn just before stepping out of the truck.


“You like? You inspired me to get a new truck Miss. Kelly”


“How did I inspire you to get a new truck Brian?”


“I don’t know, but when I figure it out I’ll tell ya” he laughed.


“Ah…so how far did you have to drive to pick up this baby?”


“Like 50 miles…the next town or should I say ‘city’ is Lexington….oh by the way I talked to one of my buddies well he’s actually my cousin Kevin. He said he’ll fix your car we just have to get a tow truck to go and get it” Brian said.


“Great! But can we do it soon? I kind of need some clothes. I feel kind of silly standing here wearing some strangers clothes”


“Sure um how about we go now. Just hop on in the truck and we’ll stop by and have my cousin go and get your car. Sound good?” Jordan nodded her head,” Great!”


-----------


Jordan and Brian got her car to his cousin’s auto shop in town. It was only going to cost her about $50 for a new tire which isn’t bad considering it would have been about $100 in New York.


When they got back to the house she headed straight for a nice warm shower.


“Being stuck out here isn’t such a bad thing, hell I’d take this place over New York City any day. I cannot believe I didn’t do this sooner.” She thought to herself. She realizes she had finally found something that she can be good for her. And good was always a good thing in her book. Now only if she could find her passion. She doesn't know what it is exactly but she’ll know when she finds it. When Jordan walked out of the bathroom and found Brian waiting there for her.


“Yes…you want to get a peak? You pervert!” she joked


“No, no…I just wondered if you wanted to go ‘camping’ tonight. I was listening to the weather report for tonight and it’s supposed to be a clear night. That’s if you want to. I just thought since I got my new truck we could sleep in the cab,” Jordan kind of gave him the ‘you’re kidding me’ look,” I am guessing you really haven’t been camping have you,” she shook her head no,” Well you know what? You officially do not have a choice you are going to come with me all it takes is a little mud on the tires and plus it’s by a lake…come on you have to say yes.” Brian begged. Jordan stood there with her arms crossed.


“Fine, I’ll go only because it’s by a lake and I have never been to Kentucky. You are a very lucky man. I refused to go with my family when they went hunting in the fall.”


“I will consider myself lucky then, I will go and load up the truck and stuff while I guess you pack. We’ll leave in an hour”


“Yes sir,” she saluted Brian as they walked in the opposite directions.


-------------------


Just as Brian said they left in an hour on the dot.


“How long does it take to get there anyway?” Jordan asked.


“About an hour why?”


“I thought maybe we could play a little car game?”


“What kind of car game are we talking about?”


“20 questions”


“Serious? That game can be so annoying”


“Hey we’re practically strangers. I thought this would be the best way to get to know each other”


“Good point okay fine since you are the one who wanted to go this game in the first place you get to start it”


“Okay question one…have you ever been married?”


“Unfortunately, yes I have…it just was one of those it wasn’t meant to be things…and luckily we didn’t have any kids. Have you ever been married?”


“No, but close though. Alan and I were together for three years and then I got that job at the magazine and our whole relationship just started to fall apart. Then Alan started cheating and then it ended up being a total disaster. So I ended it.” Jordan explained.


“Wow if I had ever cheated on someone I think I would have to shoot myself” he chuckled,” I wouldn’t exactly shoot myself but you get the picture” Jordan sat there almost in awe. Someone who actually wouldn’t cheat? It is just too good to be true.


“Are you serious? You would never do anything like that? It’s just too good to be true. I don’t know any guy like that. Not even my best friends back in New York are like that”


“Well then you are looking at a totally different guy” Jordan smiled. But the real question is, is could she believe this total stranger?


“You know Brian I think this could be the start of a great friendship” she smiled.


“You know what? I think so too Jordan,” Jordan and Brian both knew that this friendship was something good for the both of them, something that was going to last them a lifetime.


Song Credit to "Mud On The Tires" By: Brad Paisley Album: Mud On The Tires