- Text Size +
::: Cause I’m not one bit closer to being over you// It’s almost like the hands of time haven’t moved// Cause everywhere I look I see your memory// Hanging round// They ought to name this town after you:::


Back in New York Alan drove to Jordan’s apartment to apologize. Once he had reached her apartment he knocked on the door. Then door opened to a tall dark haired man.


“Is Jordan here?” he asked.


“There is no one by that name that lives here I’m sorry sir,” and then closed the door.


“Jordan doesn't live there anymore? Where could she have possibly gone? Why would she move out? We have lived in this place for so long. Maybe Vinnie would know where she moved to” Alan made his way to Vinnie’s office. He knocked on the door.


“Come in”


“Hi Vinnie…Jordan moved out? When did this happen?”


“Just a few days ago. Why are you looking for her?”


“As a matter in fact I am. Did she leave a forwarding address or anything?”


“No as a matter in fact all she said was she was leaving but she didn’t know where. I can give you her new cell phone number if you like. I know I still have it somewhere,” Vinnie went to the filing cabinet and pulled out Jordan’s file,” Here her number is 291.3392. She usually had it on”


“Thank you so much Vinnie I greatly appreciate it” Alan thanked as she walked out of the office. Alan walked back to his car and held the number in his hand. He wanted so bad to call but he had no clue how she would react, “Why am I being such a chicken? This is my wife to be. Oh wait now I know why I completely fucked her over. I can’t believe I even did that in the first place.” Alan thought to himself over and over again. He hurt someone he loved so much all because he was jealous of her line of work. It may sound silly but it was the whole truth,” Just call Alan the worst she can do it hand up,” But hanging up was the thing he had feared the most. Alan took out his cell phone and carefully dialed Jordan’s number. It was ringing.


“Alan why in the hell are you calling me? How in the hell did you get my number?” Jordan yelled into the phone.


“Baba chill Vinnie gave it to me. Where are you? I just want to talk. We need to talk. Please tell me where you are”


“No…Alan….it’s over…just go away”


“No! I am not going to go leave you alone until you give me some fucking answers dammit!” Alan yelled.


“Fine since you want to talk so bad. You find you was to Lexington, Kentucky and then maybe we can have that ‘talk’ that you want to have so bad” then she hung up.


“Kentucky? What in the hell is in Kentucky? We don’t even know anyone there. I guess I’ll just have to get on a plane and go to Lexington” Alan said to himself as he started up the car and headed towards the airport.


-----------


Back in Kentucky Jordan was furious. She couldn’t believe Alan would go and ask Vinnie for her cell phone number.


“Jordan are you okay? I heard yelling going on in here” Brian asked.


“No…that was Alan. He must have went to my old apartment realized I wasn’t there then talked to Vinnie and got my cell phone number. I am not exactly the happiest person at the moment. He says he wants to ‘talk’. I told him if he found his way to Lexington then we could talk. And knowing him…he’s probably already on the next plane there,” Jordan said,” This is all too confusing. I think I need to lay down.” Jordan walked up stairs where she was now located. Brian watched her walk up the stairs. For some reason he felt sorry for her. He couldn’t understand it. A feeling just kind of came over him but this feeling was a 'good’ feeling. A feeling that he never thought he would never feel again. It was the feeling like when he first fell in love with his wife.


Song Credit "After You" By: Jimmy Wayne Album: Jimmy Wayne