- Text Size +
::: How far do I have to go// To make you understand// I wanna make this work// So much it hurts but I just can’t// Keep on giving go on living with the way things are// So I’m gonna walk away// And it’s up for you to say how far:::


Jordan had gotten a call from Alan saying he was arriving in town. She of course knew this was going to happen. Alan was going to do everything in his power to get her back. But every time he does…she always falls for it. Why is that? How can you possibly love someone so much knowing you are going to end up hurt in the end? It doesn't make sense, but you just have to live with it.


Jordan sensed Brian was feeling a little ‘sad’ that Alan had came to the rescue. He wondered if she was going to go back to New York with him. He was hoping she wouldn’t. He was starting to get a ‘feeling’ for this new found stranger. He couldn’t quite figure it out. But it was defiantly an attraction of some sort. But is attraction always a good thing? Brian always wondered that. They both kept pretty quiet. They acted like they didn’t even know one another.


“Hey Brian..”


“Hmm”


“Whatever happens today all I have to say is thank you. You have been so kind to me this past week. I couldn’t thank you more. It’s hard to believe I was even here a week. I enjoyed my stay believe me”


“Jordan you are very welcome. But I hope you don’t go…to be honest I love having someone around the house. I get kind of bored and lonely…it just being me you know” Brian chuckled and Jordan slightly laughed


“That was just a given Brian. I hope Alan just doesn't try to pull any of his shit on me. If I know him like I think I do. He has a dozen red roses and a box of caramel chocolates already for me”


“I’ll be there. You don’t have to worry about anything Jordan. The only advice I am going to give you though is…follow your heart…it will tell you the right direction to go”


“Thanks Brian…I needed that reassurance.”


Brian pulled into the Starbucks parking lot where they were meeting Alan.


“There he is” she pointed out to Brian.


“I am better looking that he is” Brian joked.


“Yeah…just stay here okay Brian?” he nodded in agreement,” If I need you I’ll wave for you to come over alright?”


“Alright” Jordan got out of the truck and started to walk towards Alan who was drinking a cup of coffee.


“Hi honey..” Alan tried to give her a kiss on the lips but she turned her head and he got her cheek instead,” What’s wrong? You don’t want a kiss?”


“Cut the crap Alan! You don’t care about me all right. I know you don’t. Every time I take you back you screw me over some how some way” she said.


“Me screw you over? You are the one that took that job”


“That job paid for our apartment. Plus, you are the one that said I should go for it in the first place. So don’t even blame that shit on me.” She said,” To be honest I thought there was just a slight change in your voice when you called me to talk things over. But now that we’re here together. You are just the same ole asshole that you were when I left New York. I can’t keep on giving Alan. I can’t live with the way things are between us. So I’m gonna walk away. Sorry it has to be this way. But it just isn’t going to work Alan. This is good bye” Jordan started to walk away.


“Jordan come on…I’ve changed I swear”


“Save it Alan. I’m not going to listen to you anymore” Jordan just kept on walking and got back to the truck and opened the door.


“So? Are you leaving me?” Brian joked.


“No I will be staying. He is just the same asshole now just like he was in New York”


“I’m sorry”


“I’m not…let’s go home that of course if I am allowed to come back” Brian just smiled and started up the truck and they headed down the road. Jordan watched out the window as she saw Alan sit down at a near by table. She felt bad but she did what she had to do-follow her heart.


Song Credit "How Far?" By: Martina McBride Album: Martina