- Text Size +
::: Man to man// Tell me the truth tell me// Where you ever there when she needed you?// Man to man// Look me in the eye tell me// If you really loved her// Why’d you make her cry// Man to man who cheated who// You’re the one to blame// Tell it ain’t true// Man to man:::


Another week had passed since that day Jordan and Brian went and met Alan at Starbucks. All he has done is call her cell phone. She of course just ignored the stupid thing. She almost considered getting herself a new one yet once again. She would so anything to get Alan away from her.


“You know Jordan the next time Alan called let me talk to him. After he gets done talking to me. He won’t call you anymore,” Brian said.


“You know that’s a good idea Brian. I like the way you think sometimes”


“Me too,” he chuckled,” Hey I have a huge idea. Are you bored?” Jordan shook her head yes,” Since you have been around here for two weeks I just realized I haven’t taken you sight seeing around Lexington”


“From what I saw last week it’s not all that exciting” she smiled.


“You just havent seen the whole city. Come on it’ll be so much fun I promise. And it will get your mind off Alan” he teased waving his keys in front of her face. Jordan thought about it for a minute or two. She did want to get him out of her mind. But what id he called while they were sight seeing?


“What if…” she was interrupted.


“Don’t even say his name. You know what now you don’t have a choice. You are going. If he called I’ll take care of it I promise”


“Fine,” she growled. As much as she loved spending time with Brian she knew Alan would end up ruining the whole trip.


The whole way to Lexington Jordan couldn’t help but stare at her phone. The more she thought about it the more she got scared.


“Ease up there. Jeez you’ve been staring at that thing for almost 45 minutes. Take a chill pill. Better yet I am taking this. You can’t have it until we get back to the house.” Brian grabbed the phone from Jordan and stuck it in his pocket and then it rang. And Jordan’s eyes bugged out knowing who it was-Alan yet once more. Brian took the phone out of his pocket and sure enough it was Alan. Brian turned his blinker on and pulled the truck over. Brian saw the look on Jordan’s face,” Don’t worry I can handle this” Brian got out of the truck and walked out into the open field that they were next to. All Jordan could do was look out the window.


Brian answered the phone.


“Hello?”


“Who is this?” he asked.


“Brian who are you?”


“Alan…maybe I have the wrong number”


“No, you have the right number Alan. I am the one who took Jordan in when you decided to leave her”


“Hey wait just a second there mister wanna be cowboy. She left me when she took that magazine job”


“Hey can I just say this. Were you ever there when she needed you? If you really loved her like you claim you do…you wouldn’t have made her cry all those time you did. And not to mention you cheated…how low does a guy have to go? So if it is anyone to blame it’s you Alan” Brian gave him the cold hard truth. Alan was just silent he couldn’t say a word and then Brian heard a click,” I knew giving him the truth would get it him where it hurt.” Brian slightly laughed as he walked back to the truck seeing Jordan still staring out the window wondering what Brian had said to Alan,” I told you he isn’t going to bother you anymore” he said getting back into the truck.


“What did you say?” she asked.


“Nothing really…. just had a ‘man to man’ talk. I gave him the cold hard truth and he hung up. So I highly doubt he is going to call you anymore,” Jordan sighed in relief. No more Alan? She liked the sound of that.


“Brian….I think I love you….thank you so much!” she exclaimed reaching over and hugging Brian.


“Awe it was no problem really. No big deal. I was just ‘looking’ out for you I guess. But how about we continue towards Lexington and finish out our day knowing Alan isn’t going to bug us?” Jordan nodded in agreement and Brian soon started up the truck and they were now on their way to Lexington.


Song Credit “Man To Man” –Gary Allan Album: Alright Guy