- Text Size +
::: He ain’t worth missing// Oh we should be kissing// Stop all this foolish wishing// He ain’t worth missing// I know your heart is turning// I know your heart is burning// Girl you gotta listen, don’t you know he ain’t worth missing:::


After a couple of weeks Jordan soon realized Brian was right he would never call again. But Jordan felt emptiness among her. Even though she hated the fact he even called. But that was like her ‘connection’ to New York. She loved being in Wineme but she missed the city. As much as she wanted to go back she didn’t think she was ready to face it just yet.


Jordan walked through the lonely house while Brian was at work in Lexington. He hadn’t been to work in a while and Jordan insisted that he’d go. Jordan picked up her notebook and thumbed through all of her journal entries. She hadn’t written in it for so long.


“Hmm maybe I should write today” she said aloud as she searched for a pen to write with


Dear Journal,


It’s been a while, I know. I am deeply sorry I have neglected you for so long. A lot of things have gone on since I have last written. I set out on my own like I have been talking about for so long. But to my luck my car got a flat tire and lucky me I didn’t even have a spare. So I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere. But luckily I was rescued by a guy named Brian Littrell. That is where I am now. This place is so different from New York City….it’s a small town but its wonderful I tell you! And not to mention Brian is a total hottie. But I think I still miss Alan…oh yeah…I ditched him! I am very much proud of myself, but I still miss him even though he is just a total asshole. But I can’t help but still love him. Is this okay? Am I being a total retard for thinking that? I guess it’s just weird once you have loved someone for so long and it seems like you are expected to get over them in a matter of minutes. I don’t know maybe it’s time to move on you know? Too bad you couldn’t tell me what to do journal. You’ve been with me for so many years. As usual thank you for listening. ~ Jordan~


Jordan closed her journal and looked out the window and saw Brian’s truck pull into the driveway.


“Now what is he doing home? I should have known he would come home early. That little stinker.” She said walking out to the front porch,” I thought I told you to go to work?” she said putting her hands on her hips.


“It was slow today…very boring. So what did you do today?”


“Nothing I guess…I was bored”


“Fun,” he said as they both walked into the house. Brian went straight for the kitchen and was getting something to drink while Jordan picked up her journal from the couch,” Hey Jordan can I ask you a question?”


“Sure I guess”


“Do you still miss Alan? I still see you look at your phone like he is going to call you?” Jordan hesitated to even answer. What was she going to do? What would Brian even say if she told him the truth?


“Um….the truth is…yes I guess I do miss him. Don’t you still love your ex-wife?” Brian nodded his head yes,” It’s just like that with Alan. I have been with him for so long I can’t help but still love him. Plus, I feel like he is my only ‘connection’ to New York.” Jordan confessed. It felt good too finally get all of that off her chest. But now it was Brian’s turn to speak.


“I may still love her. But I moved on rather quickly. Alan is one of those ‘typical’ guys. He cheated…he isn’t even worth missing. In my opinion anyway. You need someone, someone like me” he couldn’t believe he just said that.


“You? I don’t really know you yet Brian…” she was interrupted


“So? You are living with me aren’t you? Do you remember when we went camping by the shoreline the third day you were here? I told you if I ever cheated on anyone I would shoot myself but not really? I wasn’t joking Jordan…it’s just not my ‘style’ I guess is what you would say. But I meant everything I said…he isn’t worth your time…and you just need someone like me” Jordan thought…and thought…and thought about it.


“Brian...I…I don’t know. I just need some time to think”


“It’s alright Jordan take your time…oh yeah…about your connection to New York? I know you were missing him and getting a little what do you call it homesick? So, I got us two tickets to New York. I thought I could use a little vacation and since I have never been to New York. And you used to live there I took the opportunity. And we leave next week.” All Jordan could do was smile and give Brian a hug. Maybe she could get over Alan? It was going to take some time, but it could all be worth it in the end right?


Song Credit “ He Ain’t Worth Missing” By: Toby Keith Album: Toby Keith