- Text Size +
::Well how am I doing since you did what you done to me// I cant lie sometimes cry// When I think of how it used to be// I keep my friends with me// And I stay busy/// And I don’t get much sleep// Baby that’s how I’m doing since you did what you done to me:::


Jordan and Brian were on their way to New York. Brian had never been on a plane before so he was a little nervous. And he didn’t know why he was so nervous. He thought he was just nervous about running into Alan and then Jordan changing her mind. But would she really do that? It crossed his mind a million times wondering why she stayed with him. Brian looked over at Jordan and smiled. Was he really falling for this girl or was in some an infatuation?


“What are you smiling about? I thought you were nervous?” she giggled.


“Nothing I guess. Actually I don’t know. I guess I am just happy I am on this plane to New York exploring new horizons? I don’t know exactly.”


“Oh okay. I am sure you will love New York. Its quite different from Kentucky. New York is more busy and outgoing while the good ole state of Kentucky seems to be laid back and clam. Which may I add is quite nice.” She added.


“Oh okay I see. Well I am sure I will be just fine in New York as long as I have my tour guide along with me” Brian smiled once more and then turned to look out the window.


======================================


They arrived in New York just two hours later and already Brian was amazed. He had never seen the Statue of Liberty before or at least in person that is. There was so many things that Brian had wanted to do. He looked over at Jordan once more and he knew she was glad to be back on her home turf. There was just something about her that made Brian have butterflies in his stomach. Not even his ex wife had this affect on him. There was no other explanation other than love.


When Brian and Jordan got off the plane they grabbed their bags and got into a taxi.


“Don’t tell me you’ve never been in a taxi before?”


“Sorry cant say that I have”


“Damn boy where in the hell have you been?”


“In Wineme there is no taxi service out there you know. And plus I don’t have any reason to take the taxi anywhere when I have a car.”


“Yeah, I can believe that. So where would you like to go first?”


“Anywhere,” Jordan smiled.


“Okay then I am going to take you to my absolute favorite place in the whole world okay?”


“Okay?”


“Where to?”


“The Empire State building please”


==========================================


Once they arrived they went to the top of the building. Brian had never seen such a view in his life. There was nothing like this back in Kentucky or at least that he knew of.


“Amazing isn’t it?”


“I have never seen anything so beautiful in my entire life…well other than you. Bu the city looks so I don’t know how to describe it really” Brian replied. And he was telling the truth. There was nothing to describe the city. No words could come out of his mouth. And just when they thought everything was perfect they saw the one person they least expected- Alan.


“I had a feeling I’d run into Alan.” Jordan growled,” And dammit he saw me” Alan started walking towards her and Brian.


“Hey Jordan how are you doing?” he asked.


“Good I guess and you?”


“oh just fine. I see you and country boy are still happily together.” He tried to smile.


“Don’t bring that up now Alan. To tell you the truth I am quite happy where I am in Kentucky. I don’t have to deal with you!” she exclaimed.


“Oh come on now Jordan. I know you cry and don’t get much sleep because of me” Jordan couldn’t say anything he knew her like the back of his hand and she hated that.


“But I do know one thing…I am over you. Just because I cry and don’t get much sleep mean it’s because of you. You are just a waste of my time. I don’t even know why I stuck with you for so long. You drive me so crazy sometimes Alan I swear! And while talking about it are you sure you aren’t the one crying and wanting me to come crawling back to you?” Alan couldn’t say anything either,” Yeah see I knew it. I know you just like you know me. And I see you are keeping yourself busy with a friend! Are you cheating on her too?” Brian nudged her before she went any further.


“Jordan don’t even waste your time. We’re here to have fun. He is just going to ruin it for you. How about we go and get some pizza or something? Lets enjoy the rest of our vacation without having to worry about Alan okay?” Brian suggested and Jordan nodded in agreement.


“Well Brian and I have to be going. It was nice seeing you again,” Jordan grabbed a hold of Brian’s arm and they headed for the elevator,” So much for a wonderful vacation” she pouted.


“Come on now. We still have like the while week here. Just because we ran into Alan doesn't mean we cant have some fun” She knew Brian was right but when wasn’t he? She knew she had to make the best of this week. She was in her hometown after all. She knew this wasn’t going to be the easiest thing in the world. But it was one thing she was going to have to risk.


Song Credit “How Am I Doing” By: Dirks Bently Album: Dirks Bently