- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sorry it has taken so long to get this out...thank you all for being so patient when it came to this story. As most of you know Lucas has arrived and is now a month old and I finally got a chapter written. I promise the next chapter will be longer and in the next chapter we get to find out the sex of the baby :) And I have decided to add a little twist to the story ;)
Nick sat at the table looking at Kaylee wondering what she was thinking. He wondered if he’d done something wrong she’s been quiet but he assumed it was the whole hormone thing.


”Kaylee I am sorry if I keep asking you but are you ok? I mean you haven’t exactly been acting yourself lately. I am just worried about you.” He said. Kaylee looked up from her plate of food and smiled. She knew she had to express her feelings to Nick just like Leighanne has said earlier on in the week, but how?


”You’re so sweet Nick but I am fine. I have just been doing a lot of thinking lately that’s all”


“Oh yeah, about what?” Nick could only hope she had decided to move in with him.


”I didn’t tell you this, but Justin called me the other day,” she said and Nick’s heart just dropped he knew this was going to happen….he fell for yet another girl and it ends up like the Paris situation where it doesn’t work out and he is left with no one,” He wanted me to move in with him and I turned him down. I let him know that I moved on and believe me I let him have it. All these hormones have got me going crazy I tell you. But anyway what I have been thinking about is…is your offer still available?” Nick sighed and then smiled.


”Are you sure you can handle this?” Kaylee laughed and then nodded,” Well the of course!” Nick got up from the table and walked over to Kaylee and kissed the top of her head,” I couldn’t imagine you not here you and the baby mean so much to me I don’t know what I would do without you”


”Can I ask you a question?”


”Shoot”


”What made you want to respond to my email?”


”Honestly? I cannot tell you. I just felt something it was almost like there was something or someone telling me to respond to you and I thank the Lord every day I did”


“Are you serious? I mean like are you ready to settle down and especially with someone you hardly even know and who is pregnant with someone else’s child?”


”No one knows this, but I have been wanting to settle down for a while now and I don’t care that you are pregnant by some other guy…he or she has plenty of father figures or I guess uncles around here to go around, every time I see Brian with Leighanne and Baylee it makes me jealous. I can’t help, but want that. Its something that I have wanted for so long and now I feel like I have finally found the chance to have it. You don’t care about my fame and fortune all you care about is me.” Kaylee couldn’t resist it any longer she kissed him….she wanted someone to love and someone who was going to care for her.


”Nick I love you its taken me forever to say it I know, but after what you just said I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else and not to mention being a father to someone else’s child….its a big responsibility you up for it?” Nick flashed the famous Carter smile and nodded the two shared another kiss and Nick couldn’t help but put his hand on her belly he finally had something he has been wanting for so long-a family.