- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sorry if there are a lot of grammatical mistakes for some reason or another it wouldnt let me copy and paste this chapter it's being stupid lol. Also, the story got a title change....sorry for the confusion. I decided to change it after listening to the song last night.
Kaylee woke up early the next morning. She stretched out her legs and looked over at the table in her room and saw a dozen roses sitting there. She climbed out of bed and walked over to the table and smelt the roses.


”Hmmm the smell of roses in the morning” she commented to herself and then read the card.


Meet me at ten o'clock downstairs-Nick


Kaylee could only smile.


"What was he planning that I didn't know about? God only knows" She said to herself as she looked at the clock," Nine I guess I probably should get dressed." Kaylee went to her suitcase and pulled out her jeans, a baggy T-shirt and put her hair in a messy ponytail and headed downstairs.


****


Ten o'clock came around and Nick was there right on the dot.


"You got my present" he smiled.


"Yes I did...thank you I apperciate it"


"It's no problem. A beautiful woman like you deserves everything in the world."Kaylee blushed. No one had ever been this nice, or this romantic- not even Mr. Sperm Donor himself," Come on let's go" Nick took her by the hand and they walked out of the hotel and got into a car waiting outside.


The driver drove them to a resturant just outside of town.


"Nick why are we going to a resturant so early for?" Kaylee asked.


"Well we have a show tonight so I figured we can't do dinner so I thought why not a brunch?"


"Nick you are so sweet." Nick smiled. He didn't know what it was, but he was falling for this girl. He didn't know a thing about her, and yet he was in love with her. She was a fan how could he have fallen for a fan? But she doesn't treat him like all the other girls do. She treated him like he was a normal person; something he had wanted for so long was finally coming true. He had finally found someone who was going to love him for him and not take him for granted. Kaylee was not like the other girls, and he knew that.


"Well thank you my lady. I thought we could spend some time together since you are here for awhile and well we couldn't do this yesterday so why not today?"


"Well this is very thoughtful Nick, thank you. But can I ask you a question though?"


"Sure" Kaylee took in a deep breath she wanted to know why her? Why did Nick pick her? Why did he read that email?


"Why me?"


"Why you?


"Yes why me? There are millions of other girls out there, but why me? I am pregnant and all I did was just write a letter. What attracted you to that email I guess it's just weird to me. I am here with you and last night you dedicated a song to me. I guess I am confused Leighanne told me not to, but I am. And I feel like Kevin doesn't like me..."


"Hey chill out," Nick interrupted," When I read that email I felt a whirlwind of emotion I cannot describe it, and that's the honest truth. I read that email over and over again you are one courageous woman bringing such a wonderful little miricale into this world all by yourself, and I admire that. You also aren't afraid to be yourself even though you have a big haul ahead of you, you still seem to push forward no matter what comes your way. This is the first time in my life I feel like I have been treated with respect and you see me for me not the Backstreet Boy, but me Nick Carter. You don't care who I am you just want someone to talk to. I guess me being a famous pop-star is just a bonus," Nick spilled the beans to Kaylee. He knew this question was going to come up sooner or later, but he is glad he got it all out. He had wanted to say it for so long, but he didn't know how to say it and when the right time to say it was," And as for Kevin don't worry about it. He has always been this way since who knows when. So many girls have hurt me and he doesn't like it when I am depressed. I am his "little brother" and he is just trying to protect me. He'll grow to love you, I promise" Nick explained. Nick didn't blame Kaylee for wondering about Kevin. Kevin just hated when a girl left him because he wasn't dishing out enough money to them, or not enough gifts for them.


Kaylee just sat there and listened to Nick talk. She couldn't believe that he really did feel something for her, and he's only known her for a few short months. Kaylee wasn't confused anymore she now knew the truth about Nick's feelings, and she couldn't be happier.


"Kaylee? Earth to Kaylee?" Nick waved his hand in front of her face.


"Oh sorry Nick...I guess I was just intensly listening to you. I am not so confused anymore. I am just glad I know your true feelings. Brian and Leighanne told me how you felt, but I wanted to hear it from you face to face. I guess I am just happy with the results" Nick just smiled and then leaned in and kissed Kaylee for the first time. He couldn't help himself the moment was right. They both knew this may be the begining of an amazing relationship, but the question is was Nick ready for one?