- Text Size +
Author’s Note: If you don’t get Nick’s little joke, think “Welcome Back Kotter”. I’m not sure if anyone’s really seen that show, but yeah, it’s from there. And I’m not good with cars. So don’t laugh at Howie’s choice! ;D I just picked something expensive. Haha. Enjoy!


“… I. Have to. Pee.”

Laughter filled the small apartment.

“Okay, rewind it! Rewind it, Lauren, rewind it!” Eva screamed, bouncing up and down on the couch while hitting the Asian sitting next to her.

Eva had taped Rachel’s premiere. Now she and their friend,Lauren, were watching the tape over and over again.

“Ow, okay! Hold on. Alright. Okay! Stop hitting me!” Lauren laughed and pushed Eva off the couch as she stopped the tape.

“Miss Hewitt! Miss Hewitt! Can you tell us how well you think the movie is going to go?” A female reporter asked as her face filled the T.V. screen. Then the shot went to Rachel who had an uncomfortable look on her face. She was hiccupping and squirming around. Her makeup was a little smudge and her hair was coming undone. She was really nervous.

“I’m. Sor. Ry. I. I. Have to. Pee.” Rachel stuttered in between hiccups. The camera stayed on Rachel as she quickly walked, almost ran, towards the building.

“OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BREATHE!” Lauren yelled as she doubled over and fell off the couch with laughter, her long black hair covering her face.

Eva cackled and hit the floor continuously. Tears were spilling down both girls faces.

“Wait, rewind it again, Lauren! And this time play it in slow-mo when she's walking away!” Eva sat up, eagerly and waited for the tape to start over.

The two watched as the reporter asked Rachel a question and Rachel responded. Then, Eva grabbed the remote and pushed the slow motion button.

“Watch! Watch!” Eva quickly crawled to the T.V. screen and pointed at Rachel as she slowly ran to the building. “She trips on her heels!” Just then, Rachel wobbled to the side, almost falling before regaining her composure and continued, never slowing down.

This caused Lauren to explode with laughter. Eva slammed the remote on the floor and fell on her back.

“Rewind!” Lauren yelled. Eva nodded and began to rewind the tape. Just then, the front door opened.

“… Have to. Pee.”

“Oh my gosh, you guys! Stop watching it! I hate you!” Rachel ran to the T.V., shutting it off. The two girls continued to roll around on the floor in a fit of laughter. Rachel scrunched her face up in anger. “I hate you both. You guys are evil. That was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me!”

Both girls stopped laughing and looked at each other. Lauren got up started walking towards Rachel, arms open for a hug. Then she pretended to wobble, reenacting the trip, causing Eva to grab her sides and struggle for breath as she laughed.

“Lauren! That is so not funny!” Rachel stormed into the kitchen.

“You know we love you!” Eva screamed as Rachel walked off.

In the kitchen, she opened the fridge and took a bottle of juice out as Lauren and Eva giggled in the other room. She could hear Lauren yell at Eva.

“Rewind it again!”



Nick looked in the mirror while combing his wet hair to the side. He smiled as he thought of last night. He had a fun time with his two brothers just talking and laughing. He even told AJ all about his mystery girl. AJ had been merciless in taunting Nick as he told him how he washed the number off his hand. Nonetheless, AJ had also been very supportive in Nick’s little obsession. He told Nick that if he really liked the girl he should find her. Hunt her down, even. Howie on the other hand, said it was fate that lead Nick to wash the number off, therefore he should leave things be. But Nick still couldn’t stop thinking of Rachel, so he opted to listen to AJ.

He finished combing his hair and went to the duffel bag sitting on his bed. He dug out the dragon shirt and pulled it on. Howie said he could wear whatever he wanted and he wanted to wear his new dragon shirt. Plus, if he played his accessories off well enough, he’d look still fashionable for the premiere. Howie had a tendency to overdress for things anyway. Nick pulled out a belt, a necklace, and some bracelets out from the duffel. He put them on and checked himself out in the full length mirror. Hey, looking good, Mr. “Cart-air”. He laughed at his joke while giving himself two thumbs up.

He walked out of Howie’s guest room and over to Howie’s room. He stood in the doorway as Howie messed with his hair.

“Are you ready yet, Howie?” Nick yawned, still tired from staying up all night with him and AJ.

“Yeah, I am. You?” Howie walked over to his dresser and grabbed his cologne. He sprayed some on himself and offered it to Nick.

“What? You think I smell?” Howie laughed.

Finally you get the hint!” Howie winked and walked towards the doorway. “Let’s go.”

The two men walked out of Howie’s luxurious Beverly Hills home. Howie offered to drive and Nick accepted. Nick knew that he was probably going to get a little buzzed from the after party and Howie had said the night before that he wouldn’t be drinking. The two got in Howie’s black Lamborghini and drove off.



“Rachel, we’re sorry. Don’t get mad. It’s just so funny. If it was one of us, you’d be laughing your ass off, too!” Lauren pleaded to Rachel at the kitchen table. The girls were done watching the tape and were now apologizing to Rachel.

“I’m not mad that you find it funny or that you’re laughing your asses off. I’m mad that you’ve rewound that scene over and over for the past 3 hours!” Rachel hissed. She was completely embarrassed that she made a fool of herself at her first big premiere. Not mention it was on national television.

“I’m sorry. It’s just… it’s so…” Eva started laughing. She bit her tongue and covered her mouth. “I love you!” She added with a look of guilt on her face.

Rachel sighed. She really wasn’t mad at them. She was mad at herself for being such a spaz. She didn’t blame her friends for finding it so hilarious. Lauren was right, if it had been someone else, she probably would have been rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter.

“What am I going to do? I’ll forever be remembered as the girl who ran away practically peeing herself.” Saying this made Rachel laugh out loud, her two friends following in a fit of giggles.

A knock at the door silenced the girls and Eva jumped up out of her chair to answer it.

“It’s the girls!” Eva ran to the door and opened it. Standing in front of her in the hallway were four uniquely beautiful girls. “Yay, all the bitches are here!” She smiled and let the four girls into her home.

A short sandy blonde with long hair skipped into the kitchen and hugged both Lauren and Rachel.

“I saw the mishap on E!, Rachel. I’m sorry.” She frowned and leaned in for another hug.

“Thanks, Kim.” Rachel forced a smile and sighed.

Then, a very tall girl with short black hair came into the room.

“Where’s Rachel? Oh, Rachel. I’m sorry about the premiere. That must have been so fucking embarrassing.” She came over and plopped into Rachel’s lap, wrapping her arms around Rachel’s neck. “My poor baby!

“Oh gosh, get off me Shellie!” Rachel pushed Shellie off her lap and laughed. “It was embarrassing. Now can everyone just drop it, please?”

A short half Filipino girl with long black hair and a tall girl with similar hair came in to join the rest of the group.

“What are we talking about, Rachel’s spastic moment last night?” The last girl said.

“Shut up, April! Rachel doesn’t need to be reminded of her freak attack!” The short half Filipino said, slapping the tall girl on the arm.

“Geez, Natalie. Stop hitting me!” April hissed.

“It’s okay. I don’t think I can ever forget it.” Rachel laughed. Not because she found it funny, but because she found it sad. “But seriously guys, what am I going to do?”

“We are going to go party like there’s no tomorrow! By the end of tonight, you will have completely forgotten all about this little incident.” April smiled. “I’ll make damn sure of it!”

“I don’t really feel like going out tonight. I don’t want to show my face anywhere for a long time.” Rachel looked at her feet. She heard all the girls groan.

“Don’t let this thing get to you! So you announced that you had to piss and ran to the bathroom on national television. It wasn’t a sex tape, or getting busted for lip-synching. Don’t take it too hard.” Eva rubbed Rachel’s shoulder. “It’s really not that bad. Really.”

“Yeah, it could’ve been worse. Like, you could have actually peed yourself. That would totally have sucked like a million times more.” Kimberly added. Everyone laughed.

“Yeah, so come on. Let’s forget about hiccups and bladder problems and let’s go have fun!” Lauren pulled Rachel out of her chair and hugged her. “You’re still a sexy mama and you need to get your freak on!”

After an hour of getting ready, all seven ladies walked out of the door looking hot and stylish, striding on the sidewalks on their way to the club.



Nick smiled and posed for the cameras. Flashes went off all around him. Then Howie pulled up beside Nick, causing the media to go crazy. They stood outside in front of the cameras for about 10 minutes before going inside.

After the movie was done playing, Nick and Howie discussed whether or not they would attend the premiere party at a club. Nick had wanted to go before, but after the premiere he didn’t really feel like staying up all night and partying with these people. Howie confessed that he’d rather go out for some buffalo wings and beers at a nearby bar than party with a bunch of snotty young celebrities that starred in a crappy teen movie.

So, the two Backstreet men went to a bar on the strip and ordered food and beer. With the movie still fresh in their minds, Nick initiated the bashing.

“That movie sucked ass, didn’t it?” Nick asked as he grabbed a chicken wing and munched on it.

“Yeah, I mean, how vulgar and inappropriate can something get? I actually felt a little sick at some parts. Like the mayonnaise scene.” Howie stuck his tongue out in disgust.

“Yeah, don’t remind me. I mean, seriously, I’m eating here.” Nick laughed, trying not to think about the movie.

“So, what are you going to do about that Rachel chick?” Howie asked out of the blue while taking a sip from his beer. He was hoping that Nick would take his advice.

“Well, I can’t really do anything unless I see her again. But I have a feeling that I will.” Nick smiled. He saw her twice, a third would be inevitable.

“I still think that it’s a sign. You’re not meant to be, Nick.” Howie grabbed a wing and took and bite. “But hey, what do I know about chance happenings, right?” He saw Nick’s face fall when he said his previous statement, so he added the last part to keep Nick in a good mood.

“Yeah, right.” Nick replied softly. Both men jumped slightly when Nick’s cell phone abruptly rang. He reached to pick it up.

“Hello?” There was no answer on the other line. “Hello?” He said again before hearing a gasp and then giggling. Then the line went dead.

“What the heck?” Nick shut his phone and put it back into his pocket. “That was weird.”

“What was?” Howie asked, his mouth full of food.

“Someone called and then hung up.”

“Maybe a wrong number.” Howie shrugged.

“Yeah, maybe.” Nick took a swig of his beer and shrugged his shoulders.

I wonder what she’s doing right now. Is she waiting for my call? Does she even care? Should I just forget about her?

“Hey, Nick, you really like this mystery girl, huh?” Howie asked.

“Yeah, I think I do. Crazy, huh?”

Howie lied. “Nah.”



“Why do they call is a cocktail? ‘Cause I’m sure they didn’t name it after what I’m thinking of!” Shellie burst out laughing, slipping out of her chair. “Whoops, that was a close one!”

Rachel laughed as she watched her five inebriated friends talk and do silly things. She was having such a fun time and truly had forgotten all about her embarrassing incident, her weight gain, and even Nick.

Kimberly and Rachel were the only ones who hadn’t drank that night. Rachel had her own reasons to why she didn’t drink, besides being underage. But Kimberly’s only hindrance to drinking was the underage thing. She never had a single drop of alcohol in her life. She was waiting until she was the legal age. Rachel really admired that about her friend. Unlike April, who was also underage, she didn’t feel the need to rush to have drunken fun.

“A toast! To Rachel for almost falling on her ass in front of the whole world!” The five girls cackled while clinking their shot glasses together, spilling tequila all over the table.

Rachel frowned at the toast, but laughed at her friend’s attempts to drink from their tiny glasses. They were missing their target as tequila dripped from their chins. Rachel laughed and tried to help Shellie find her mouth.

“I don’t need help, woman!” Shellie pushed Rachel softly and tried to drink her shot again. Rachel giggled and directed her.

“To the left, sweetie. Up, up. No, no, no. Down, a little bit more. There you go!” Rachel laughed as Shellie finally got the glass to her mouth, only to find it empty.

“Someone drank my tequila!” Shellie yelled her face full of genuine shock.

Lauren giggled and poured Shellie another shot. April sat in the corner of the table, against a wall. Her eyes were closed and her head was resting on the wall. April wasn’t fun to be around when she was drunk. She got really mean and scary. Once, she tried to bite Kimberly on the face as a joke. Only she missed Kimberly’s face and fell out of her barstool. Then she started crying and Rachel had to attend to her like a baby all night.

The girls only partied like this every few months. They were so busy with their jobs and individual lives that they barely got together as a whole group except for every now and then. And tonight was one of those nights. They decided to go clubbing instead of the previous plan to stay at Eva’s apartment and watch movies all night because of Rachel’s misfortune. So, now all seven girls were having a blast.

April opened her eyes and screamed. Everyone looked at her. She laughed and took the tequila bottle away from Lauren.

“I’m thirsty!” She slurred.

Just then, a whole group of people came into the club. They looked really familiar to Rachel. After watching a few people pass by, she realized that they were celebrities and a few of them were actors from a new movie that had premiered tonight.

A few guys stopped at their table, talking to Rachel before asking her to dance. She turned them all down.

“Why on earth did you turn them down?!” Natalie screamed at Rachel, spitting on her face.

Rachel wiped her cheek and cleared her throat.

“I just didn’t want to dance with them, that’s all.” Rachel knew the true reason why she didn’t want to dance with them. They were all stuck up and fake. They didn’t interest her like…

“Is it because of Nick? Honey, he totally hasn’t called you yet! Just go have some fun!” Eva yelled… at Kimberly.

“Why are you yelling at me?” Kimberly asked, laughing.

Eva squinted her eyes while tilting her head. She looked at every girl until she found Rachel. She leaned her head back with wide eyes.

“Oh, there you are! When did you move?” Eva asked, leaning forward, touching noses with Rachel.

“I didn’t. You’re drunk.” Rachel laughed, kissing Eva’s forehead.

“I’m not drunk! You’re drunk!” Eva flipped Rachel’s hair. She tried to fall back into her seat, only she missed it and landed straight on her ass. “Whoa! Who moved my chair?” She giggled and tried to pull herself up only to fall back down.

The other girls laughed while Lauren and Natalie tried to help Eva back up.

Kimberly asked out loud the question that had been gnawing at her for the past 5 minutes.

“Who’s Nick?”

All the girls nodded at each other.

“Yeah, who’s Nick?” They all asked in unison, including Eva.

“Um, just some guy I met at a club one night.” She didn’t want to mention his occupation in fear that one of the intoxicated girls would leak the information to someone at the club unknowingly.

“Yeah, and I went home with him!” Eva exclaimed.

“What?” Rachel laughed. Eva had the worst memory when she was intoxicated.

“That was someone else, baby.”

“Really? Who? Holy shit! I can’t believe I went home with Nick and someone else!” Eva turned to Natalie and shook her shoulders. “I went home with two guys! Geez!”

All the girls laughed. They continued to drink, leaving Rachel to her thoughts for a moment. She really wanted Nick to call her. She sat in her seat, surrounded by her best friends, hoping that when she got home there would be a message on the machine with his voice booming through the speakers saying how he’d love to meet her for some coffee. Please, please, please call!