- Text Size +
“I had a really fun time tonight, Nick” A bubbly blonde breathed in his ear. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss. “You’re one hell of a dancer, great moves. Maybe, you’d like to show me some more at my place?” She planted a wet, lustful kiss on his lips. He moaned into her mouth while nodding his head. After a few minutes he broke the kiss.

“Yeah, I’d love to show you what I got.” She giggled. They got out of Nick’s car and headed towards her house. Why do I feel so guilty? he asked himself as he stepped through her front door. It’s not like she’s my girlfriend, Nick told himself, thinking about Rachel. Still, Nick’s guilt took over his mind. Yet all thoughts escaped him as he saw the voluptuous blonde slide out of her skin tight dress.

“Follow me,” That’s all she said. Nick followed her lead as she took him to her bedroom. As soon as they stepped inside, the blonde jumped into Nick’s arms and wrapped her legs around his waist.

“Show me what you got baby,” She licked his ear.

Nick moaned and whispered “Oh Rachel,”

“Uh, my name is Caitlin” She stopped kissing him and looked him in the eye. Nick mentally rolled his eyes. Like she really cares who I’m thinking about. This girl has been around more than a town mailman!

“Yeah, that’s what I said. Caitlin,” Nick bluffed as he placed her on the bed. He was horrible at lying. The blonde rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Yeah, whatever.” She rolled on top of him and straddled his chest. “Just do me.” She demanded. Nick nodded his head and pushed her back on the bed, placing her under him. He nibbled her neck and quickly discarded his clothing. When he looked at the blonde’s face, he cringed slightly, but covered it with a smile. She had way too much fake tan and makeup on. He closed his eyes and envisioned Rachel’s face. That’s better.



Rachel sat on the couch, staring at the phone. It had been almost a week since Rachel gave Nick the number to reach her. He said he’d definitely call me. Why hasn’t he? Rachel stayed home tonight in case Nick called. Tonight, Eva and Shellie had gotten together with some guys to go clubbing. They had invited Rachel since the guys had brought an extra friend, but Rachel said she had “important” things to do. Eva knew what those “important” things were; it was waiting for Nick’s call. Yet she had decided to let Rachel stay home all night in hopes that she would finally get the clue that Nick wasn’t going to call.

“Ring! Damn it, just ring!” Rachel hit the phone repeatedly. “Why isn’t he calling?” Rachel threw herself down on the couch, her head hitting the surface of its armrest. She lay there and stared at the ceiling for what seemed like an eternity. She jumped into an upright position and grabbed the phone before the first ring could completely finish.

“Hello!” She practically yelled into the phone.

“Ow! Are you trying to make me go deaf?” Rachel’s face dropped. It was Natalie. Just stupid old boring Natalie!

“Yeah, what do you want?” Rachel hissed into the phone. She really didn’t want to hold up the line in case Nick was trying to reach her at this very moment. I’m so pathetic.

“Eva informed me that you’re pathetically wallowing around at home. So I assigned myself a mission. To take care of you for the night!” Natalie chirped through the phone. Rachel narrowed her eyes.

“I’m not wallowing, I’m not pathetic, and I don’t need a damn babysitter!” Rachel got up from her seat and began to pace back and forth in the living room. She could never sit down while talking on the phone. She always had to get up and walk around.

When a knock came at the front door, Rachel went to answer it, as she continued to tell Natalie that she was fine. She opened the door and found Natalie standing in front of her with a plastic bag, still on the phone.

“Okay, so why are you home on a Friday night talking on the phone with me?” Natalie closed the phone and grinned while pushing herself past Rachel. She walked into the living room and placed her plastic bag down on the coffee table. Rachel turned her phone off and closed the door.

Referring to Natalie’s bag, she raised an eyebrow and asked “What’s that?”

“This, my friend, is the quintessential wallowing sustenance. We’ve got Chunky Monkey and New York Super Fudge ice-cream and I bought you a box of chocolates. It was expensive. I expect to be repaid.” Natalie smiled and plopped down on the sofa. Rachel walked over to the table with the bag on top. She opened it and pulled out the box of chocolates.

“You got Godiva? You know I like the cheap chocolates!” Rachel whined. Natalie’s jaw dropped and her eyes narrowed down on Rachel’s.

“Are you complaining? Gosh, how inconsiderate!” Natalie grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels.

“I got some movies, too”

Rachel dug through the bag and pulled out two DVD cases. “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween? What the heck? How are these supposed to cheer me up?” Rachel was dumbfounded. Usually, romantic comedies or dramas were the typical choice for situations like these.

“They’ll take your mind off of how he stood you up. If we watched a romance flick, you’d still be thinking about him. So I got those two. I would’ve gotten scarier movies, but I don’t want you to cry and be scared to shower again

Rachel pouted when Natalie referred to the time in high school when the girls all watched Psycho. Rachel wouldn’t shower with her curtain closed for a month. She just couldn’t help that she hated scary movies. Well, she technically did like scary movies; it was just the part after the movies that she hated.

“Well, thanks for sparing me the emotional trauma,”

Natalie grabbed the DVD’s and popped them into the DVD player while Rachel turned off the lights. They spent the rest of the night watching the slasher-flicks with Natalie laughing and Rachel curled up on the sofa as they ate chocolate and ice cream. When the movies were done, Natalie turned the lights back on and the television off.

“See, now haven’t you completely forgotten all about Nick not calling you?” Natalie asked as Rachel’s jaw dropped.

“Yeah, until now, bitch!” Rachel playfully pushed Natalie then brought her legs up to her chest. She really did want to know why Nick hadn’t called after he said he would.

“Why do you think he didn’t call me?” Rachel’s voice was almost a whisper. “What’s wrong with me?”

Natalie leaped across the couch and hugged her friend tightly. She planted a kiss on Rachel's cheek.

“There’s nothing wrong with you, sweetie. You’re such a catch; he’s stupid for not calling you. He’s probably intimidated by girls that are sexier than him. Oh, unless!" Natalie pursed her lips and furrowed her brow in thought. "Oooh, do you think he saw what happened to you at the premiere on T.V. and hasn’t called because of that?” Rachel’s eyes widened. The thought never crossed her mind

Rachel groaned as she buried her face into a pillow. “Now I do!”



“Hello? Hello? I swear, if you call again… Ugh… I’ll do something, you hear me?” Nick screamed into the cell phone before he hung up. Ever since the night he and Howie had attended the premiere Nick was receiving unpronounced phone calls throughout each day. He was getting extremely frustrated of the late night rings, so he told his manager about it. He was reassured that the situation would be taken care of soon. I’m still waiting!

Nick put his phone back in his pocket and continued on his route to meet the guys at a restaurant for lunch. All the guys would be there, including their female companions. Nick felt sort of glad that he wasn’t the only single guy, but that AJ would also be unaccompanied by a lady. He would hate to be the only dateless guy there. Maybe AJ could be your date? Nick joked as he walked through the restaurant doors. Spotting his large group of friends, he walked up to their table.

“So, what’d I miss?” He asked as he sat down in between Kristin and AJ.

“We were just talking about you,” Brian grinned. “And your obsession with that Rachel girl,” Nick blushed and grabbed the menu, covering his face as he read the lunch options.

“Weren’t you just with a girl the other night?” Howie asked as he folded a napkin in his lap. “I distinctly remember you coming in early in the morning with a disheveled appearance. You definitely got laid.”

Leighanne wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Please, there are ladies present! Be a gentleman, Howie!” Leighanne joshed. Brian nodded his head in agreement.

“Yeah, Howie! Have some respect!” Brian added cheekily. He kissed his wife on the cheek and added “I have respect, baby. Don’t I?” He cooed. She nodded and rubbed her nose against his.

“Oh, please! Save the mushy shit for later! I don’t want to throw my lunch up!” Nick said while laughing. He wanted to avoid further discussion about his action the other night since he was still disgusted by it.

“You’re just jealous because I have someone to rub noses with!” Brian threw a crumpled napkin at Nick and stuck his tongue out. Nick rolled his eyes, but in his mind he agreed with Brian. I do wish I had someone to rub noses with, Nick shook his thoughts his away as Kevin began speaking about going sea fishing sometime. All the guys agreed that it sounded fun for the weekend.

The group ate their lunch while chitchatting about little things here and there. Brian and Leighanne were trying to have another baby; AJ met a girl at a club the other night, Howie and his girlfriend, Stacy, were moving in together, and Kristin had a new acting gig. Nick managed to go through the whole lunch without anyone mentioning Rachel.

As everyone got up to leave, Nick announced that he had to go to the restroom. Too many iced teas, Nick told himself as he arose from the table, a slight pang hitting his bladder. Walking down the corridor of the restaurant, Nick glanced out of the large glass window to his right. He scanned over the crowd on the street. Then something caught his eye. Holy shit! It’s her!

Nick abruptly stopped and spun around, dashing down the hall, heading for the exit.

“Hey, Nick! Where you going to, buddy?” Kevin yelled as Nick ran past the group, bolting through the doors.

“Rachel!” Nick shouted as he dodged people through the streets. She was standing on the street corner opposite of the restaurant. It’s fate! This is totally fate! How else could I happen to see her again in a big city at a crowded place?

He ran across the street, waving for her attention. Nick wasn’t sure if she saw him because she wasn’t acknowledging his presence. But, he didn’t understand how she couldn’t see him as he screamed and waved her down. When he moved close enough, he found that she did see him, but wasn’t reciprocating his excitement.

He strolled up to her with a look of confusion spread on his face. “Hey, Rachel. What’s up?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. What’s up? What’s up! I’ve been waiting for your call, that’s what’s up!

“Nothing,” She lied. She turned her eyes to a trash can beside her. Just act like you’re totally uninterested, she told herself.

“Sorry about not calling. I really wanted to, but I accidentally washed the number off my hand.”

“Oh, that’s nice” Rachel scoffed. Like anyone is that stupid!

“Look, I’m really really sorry. I do want to take you out sometime. Honestly.” His brilliant blue eyes pleaded as he looked to her face, which was turned away from his.

“I’m sure,”

Nick ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. What can I say to convince her? Then, he came up with a solution.

“Here, instead of waiting for me to call you, why don’t you call me? I’ll give you my number so that way, the ball is totally in your court. I really want to go out with you sometime.” Nick smiled when she turned her head to look at him. She bit her bottom lip and furrowed her brows, inhaling slowly.

“Okay…” She said softly with a small smile forming on her lips.

Nick jumped and pumped his arm in the air. “Okay, put this on your phone so you don’t lose it.” She giggled and whipped her phone out. He recited his number to her and she punched the numbers into her phone, saving it.

“So, you better call me. I’ll be waiting,” He leaned in and placed a hand on her shoulder. “As I said, I really want us to go out sometime.” She sheepishly nodded her head.

They said goodbye and Nick walked back across the street to where everyone was standing, waiting for him.

“So, that’s Rachel, huh? She is really pretty,” Brian affirmed. He turned to Leighanne and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Not as pretty as you, though.” He planted a kiss on her lips.

They all started down the street and Nick turned around to wave at Rachel. She returned his wave with a little bounce and a big grin. They turned the corner and Nick sighed in contentment.

“My goodness, Leighanne, isn’t she the girl from T.V.?” Kristin asked the blonde as she looked at Nick with a smile on her face.

“Oh, you mean that chick who embarrassed herself? Oh my gosh, I think it is! What was her name?” Leighanne’s eyes went towards the sky in thought.

“Rachel… Hewitt!” Kristin exclaimed. Both she and Leighanne burst into laughter.

Nick, completely unaware of Rachel’s profession, stared at the two women in shock.

“You know her? She was on T.V.?”

“Oh, honey, she’s an actress! And she just embarrassed herself on national television a while ago.” Kristin informed the confused blonde as they continued down the sidewalk.

“Really? She’s famous? Nah, she can’t be!” Nick dismissed the information he had just received.



Rachel continued waiting on the street corner for 2 minutes after Nick left before the individual she was meeting showed up through the crowd.

“Hey!” He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi.” She chirped. “I’m so sorry, but I can’t go out for lunch today. Something suddenly came up. But, I’ll catch you later!” Rachel patted him on the back and waved goodbye, leaving her date standing with a confused expression. She proceeded to skip down the streets. I’m going out with Ni-ick! she sang as she rushed home.



“Oh my God!” Nick yelled at his computer screen. “She is famous!” AJ and Howie rushed to his side.

“Wow, click on that picture! Damn, she’s smokin’!” AJ leaned closer to the screen observing Rachel’s body in the photograph.

“Stop! Stop ogling her!” Nick screeched as he covered Rachel’s picture with his hand. Nick still couldn’t believe that she was an actress. How could I have not known?

“Wait,” Howie pointed to a link on the fan site. “Click on that link, it’s a video.” Nick followed Howie’s instructions and clicked on the link. A window popped up and began to load.

As they waited for the video to upload, Howie’s house phone rang. Howie answered it then handed the phone to Nick.

“Hello?” Nick asked as he waited for the video to start.

“Nick, it’s me, Mark.” Mark was their manager's assistant. “I talked to the phone company and I fixed your little stalker problem. No more strange calls in the middle of the day anymore, I just got your number changed.” Nick’s eyes practically bulged out of his head.

“You what!” Nick stood out of his chair and yelled into the phone. Walking over to the sofa, he planted himself down and rubbed his temples. “You changed my cell number?”

“Yeah, is that a problem?” Nick sighed. Shit. This fucking sucks! Why does this keep happening to me?

Just then, Nick heard a roar of laughter from the two guys sitting in front of his laptop. Curious, Nick hung up the phone and walked over to see just what was so funny.