- Text Size +
TROUBLE CHAPTER 19


Aaron told the boys his story up until we as the readers of this story know. Then he continued to after he was crying by himself…

Aaron awoke a while later to find his eyes red rimmed and swollen. He sat up from the cot he was lying on and stretched his achy muscles. He let out a sigh and realized to his disappointment that he was still alone. Shivering from the thought, Aaron pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He rested his forehead on his knees as he waited for something to happen.

After about a half an hour, Aaron heard the lock click on his door and jumped up in alarm. Aaron stood and backed against the wall as the door opened to reveal Ace. “Mornin’ Aaron,” he greeted the boy. Aaron remained silent and glared at him in return. Ace walked into the cell and motioned for Aaron to walk out the door. “Let’s go, you are being summoned by Viper,” Ace ordered.

Aaron hesitated then decided agreeing with these men was the best way to go. He slowly walked out of the door and looked around the hallway he had entered through. Ace walked out of the cell and in front of Aaron. “C’mon,” Ace ordered walking down the hallway. Aaron followed close behind.

The pair walked down the hallway until they came to another room with the door open. Viper stood in the room and greeted Aaron when he walked in. “Good afternoon Aaron, please sit down.”

Aaron paused in the doorway and looked coldly at Viper. Where did this guy get off by being all polite when he had kidnapped himself, his brother, and his brother’s friends? Viper, noticing Aaron’s hesitation, nodded to Ace who shoved Aaron down into the chair.

Aaron grunted and continued to stare icily at Viper who remained silent. “Well?” Aaron snapped. He didn’t like uncomfortable silences.

“Well what?” Viper asked with a wicked grin. He liked to watch the boy squirm in discomfort.

“What am I doing here?” Aaron demanded.

“I told you,” Viper replied, “to keep Nicky company.”

“Don’t call him that,” Aaron snapped.

“I’ll call Nick whatever I please Aaron,” Viper responded coolly, “he and I have a history.”

“Where’s my brother?” Aaron demanded icily gritting his teeth.

“Ace, let’s show Aaron Nick,” Viper suggested cruelly. Ace grinned and left the room only to return moments later with a T.V. and VCR. A Chair was placed in front of it and Ace forced Aaron up out of his chair and into the one in front of the T.V.

“Just sit here and watch the movie Aaron,” Ace ordered before hitting play and walking away to stand directly behind Aaron.

Aaron shifted uncomfortably in his seat and looked at the screen in confusion as the static left and the movie started. It showed a top view of a round, bright white arena lit with white lights. It stayed empty for a few moments before the blonde figure of Nick was shoved into view. For a moment, Nick just surveyed the arena before he looked directly at the camera.

Aaron watched as Nick had a heated conversation with Viper as he surveyed the three gang bangers that had walked into the bright white arena Nick was in. Nick barely had a chance to blink before the three gang members launched themselves at Nick, the first catching Nick in the side of the head with his weapon, a chain, the second hitting Nick in the ribs with his lead pipe, and the third hitting nick across the back with his switch.

Aaron gave a startled cry as he watched Nick get knocked to the ground and scream out in pain. The next second, Nick hauled himself up from the ground, and wiped blood from his face. Nick looked at the back of his hand, smeared in blood and took a shaky breath. Nick paused for a moment before taking a large breath and emitting a loud warlike cry. The next second, Nick launched himself at the gang members.

Aaron watched in shock as Nick threw punches left and right, spinning around and kicking one of the gang members, while dodging one of their attacks. Finally, only one of the gang members was left standing. The one left was the gang member with the lead pipe.

Nick and the gang member circled each other like cats for many tense moments as Aaron watched transfixed. The two tangled for a while before the gang member got the upper hand and tossed Nick onto his back. Nick lay there for a moment as the gang member raised the lead pipe and brought it down hard on Nick’s ribs.

Nick yelped and screamed, rolling onto his stomach, grasping his midsection painfully. As the gang member went to hit him again, Nick spun around and delivered a kick to the man’s jaw, knocking him back. Nick stood up grasping his midsection and gasping before he ran at the gang member and kicked him in the head, leaving the guard unconscious.

With the mission done, Nick collapsed on his hands and knees before he toppled over in exhaustion. The video ended here with static leaving Aaron wide eyed and trembling with his mouth hanging open. Ace turned off the video as Aaron swallowed and closed his eyes in prayer.

“How’d you like the show Aaron?” Viper asked.

“Is…is he-“Aaron stammered stupidly.

“Yes he’s alive,” Viper answered Aaron’s unfinished question. Aaron sagged with relief. Viper looked to Ace who nodded with a small grin. Then Viper stood up and walked to the door, beckoning Aaron to follow him.

“Come Aaron, it’s time,” Viper said excited.

“Time?” Aaron asked his eyes narrowing showing his confusion, “time for what?”

“Time,” Viper replied looking excited, “for YOUR first mission.”

~*~*

Aaron paused here as he heard Nick’s sharp cry. Aaron glanced around nervously before finally settling his gaze on his brother who clenched his fists in anger. Aaron could see him clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth, seething with anger.

Aaron shifted uncomfortably and looked around to the others, swallowing and looking down as their intent gaze made him nervous to tell the next part. “I…” Aaron gasped out swallowing and beginning to tremble. “I don’t know if I can finish this.”

“It’s okay Aaron,” Kevin soothed the boy in front of him. Aaron still hesitated looking back at Nick who nodded curtly at him, attempting to encourage him.

“Go on Aaron,” he urged firmly. Aaron took a deep breath and continued.

~*~*

“Mission?” Aaron inquired deeply confused. Viper nodded at the boy and strode towards the door indicating for Aaron to follow him. Aaron was curious and got up walking out the door behind him.

“A mission is a test of sorts. It tests either your physical or mental abilities,” Viper explained, “Nick used to do many missions for us.”

“Why would he do that?” Aaron snapped.

“Because if he didn’t we threatened to kill you and your family,” Viper answered.

Aaron gasped, startled and narrowed his eyes. This guy had manipulated Nick into helping him. Viper must have known that Nick’s family used to be the only thing that mattered to Nick. “You…as-,” Aaron growled out before Viper cut him off with a hard backhand.

“You must learn proper respect Aaron. You will address me only as master. That is your only warning. Am I clear?” Viper snapped.

Aaron nodded once and fell silent as they walked down the hallway. He was led to a door, which looked like his own. Viper smiled at Aaron and motioned to the inside of the room. “Look inside Aaron,” Viper encouraged.

Not sure he’d like what he’d see, Aaron peeked into the one-way window and gasped at what he saw. Inside was Nick and Nick’s band mates. Aaron turned to Viper. “What are we here for?” he inquired nervously.

“Well we had some trouble while attempting to gather the Latino one earlier an-“

“Howie.” Aaron growled interrupting Viper.

“I beg your pardon?” Viper asked

“He has a name, and it’s Howie,” Aaron seethed.

‘He really is like his brother,’ Viper thought recalling the conversation on the video. “Right…anyways, we had trouble earlier retrieving him. It seems that your friends fight back harder than was originally expected…so we brought more guards this time…and we will take Howie by force…even if we have to kill one of the others.”

Aaron’s eyes shot open and he gasped in shock before he lurched forward towards Viper. “NO!” Ace grabbed the youngster by the back of his shirt and tossed him to Viper who looped an arm around his neck keeping the boy still. Viper nodded to the guards with him and they opened the cell with Ace and walked inside.

“Watch this Aaron, it will be truly entertaining,” Viper laughed in his ear. Aaron struggled. Viper pushed him towards the door of the cell as punches were heard and struggling. Aaron watched from the crack in the doorway as the guards attacked Brian’s helpless form, as Nick helped him; and as Howie was distracted long enough to be caught with a hard punch to the jaw.

Howie fell and Aaron gasped as they pulled his arms straight up with his body on the ground. Aaron struggled with Viper and whimpered softly. A gun was cocked and Aaron’s attention was attracted to a corner. Aaron watched as the gun was trained on his brother and Brian. “No,” he whispered pulling against Viper’s hold again.

With a horrible ache in his chest, Aaron watched the emotions played on each of his friends’ faces before Howie was pulled up and dragged out of the cell. He watched as Howie struggled in fear and fought valiantly until the guards hit him in the face. Howie took one glance at Aaron before groaning and passing out in front of the blonde.

“HOWIE!” Aaron cried pulling out of Viper’s grasp as the cell’s door was shut. He stooped down next to Howie and rolled him over onto his back. Howie was breathing fine, just out cold, but Aaron was afraid to touch him, settling for glaring at Viper who was grinning.

“Now,” he said evilly, “the fun begins.”

~*~*