- Text Size +
Barbara walked around her office, thinking what she could say if he calls. He will call; he has always called me if he said he would. Should I meet him today or not?

A sudden wave of pain spread across her body. It was caused by her last night’s ‘’relief’’. Yesterday this pain seemed good to her, because it helped her not to think about him. But today...today it only made her feel miserable. Miserable in the way that she still can’t get her life in order.

She run to the drawer in her desk and took out a pack of some pain relief pills. I guess I’m having a lot of medication recently...but I really need this now.

Barbara sat at her desk, playing around with a bottle of Evian as Claudia came in.
‘’I just wanted to offer you some candy, you didn’t have lunch today’’, Claudia said, placing the half empty box of candy on Barbara’s desk. For Claudia’s surprise Barbara took some of the offered candy.
‘’I know I haven’t gone to lunch, but maybe I’ll eat something later...and I wanted to tell you to not put any appointments for me after 3pm, ok?
‘’How so?’’ her assistant asked, still being a bit surprised by the strange fact that Barbara hadn’t denied the candy.
‘’It could be that I’m busy for the rest of the day...’’Barbara said, having a radiant smile.
‘’You’re the boss, you own this place...’’Claudia said, wanting to collect the pink envelope.

‘’Hey, this is mine!’’ Barbara exclaimed and snatched the envelope out of Claudia’s hands.
‘’I’m sorry, I thought it was another corporate card.’’
Well, you couldn’t know that this time it was for me personally...’’ Barbara said while hiding he envelope into the drawer.
‘’From whom was it?’’ Claudia just couldn’t keep her curiosity.
‘’When I’ll tell you then you’ll know...but I’m not going to tell it now...’’
‘’If that was from a prospective boyfriend...it’s so great for you...’’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’Because you really need something besides work...’’
‘’But I love my work...if I didn’t, had I achieved so much?’’
‘’Well, I just wanted to say that you need a...distraction...at least...’’
‘’I guess I’ll let myself distract today...don’t set any appointments for tomorrow before I call, ok?’’
‘’Just have fun, ok?’’ Claudia said, leaving the office.

Barbara worked at a few things she had to do for the rest of the week, because it was Thursday and if she has the chance to spend the Friday in a fun way, she needed to finish everything. Maybe I could do something with Nick? Yeah, I wish...

She was signing an order for the executives as her phone rang. She didn’t take a look at the display, she just picked it up.
‘’Barbara Rowland, how can I help you?’’
‘’Oh, darling, did I call you in the middle of a meeting?’’ Nick said fearing that she would just hang up.
‘’Nick, no I was just signing some orders...’’
‘’So you forgot about me?’’ he almost whispered.
‘’No, I...’’
‘’Did you miss me even a little?’’
‘’Do you want me to say it honestly?’’ she sighed with a relief.
‘’Yes, I wanna know...’’he tried to sound really certain but he noticed that his hands were shaking a little. Please, don’t tell me that you had your fun and now don’t want to see me again...
‘’It’s so hard for me to tell you that but...’’she heard Nick sighing heavily, but still continued. ‘’I never thought I could miss someone so much after just knowing for a few days...’’she stopped, taking a deep breath. ’’And when I saw your card....’’she started to cry quietly.

‘’What was in this card that made you cry?’’ he asked, being totally confused. Why do I have to mess things with the only girl I want to be with?
‘’The card was the sweetest thing I’ve ever read...you...you did really miss me?’’
‘’Yes, and I'm still missing you...so please, can we meet today?’’ He said putting all his hopes in this short sentence.
‘’We can...I have no more duties today...’’
‘’You are making me so happy! Can we meet in...? Like an hour?’’
‘’Yes, that would be great...just tell me the address where to go...’’


Nick arrived at the meeting place fifteen minutes earlier, hoping that she wouldn’t change her mind.
He stood by the Royce, looking around. He saw that a black Bentley with tinted windows. He didn’t pay attention to that car, because he didn’t know how her car would look like.

He was so much concentrating on looking when she would come that he was totally surprised as he felt that a hand was put on his shoulder.
‘’Looks like someone’s daydreaming here?’’ Barbara said, smiling at him.
‘’I was just waiting for you...’’ he said, taking a look over her body.

Today she was wearing a black business suit, which perfectly reflected her curves yet wasn’t showing anything of her bare skin, because a chiffon scarf was bound around her neck. But still she’s so hot...and I know how looks without all those cover ups.
A light tingle run over his body, remembering everything they had experienced together.
‘’So, what are we doing? Should I reserve a place somewhere?’’ Barbara’s rational thoughts woke him up from his dream world.
‘’No, you don’t have to do anything, I know where we’re going...’’ he said, still looking at her curves.

Barbara felt him staring at her and for her surprise, it felt so well. She had never expected that he would so openly stare at her. It made her feel proud and worthy. Sure, she has always said that she doesn’t need male attention, but still...

‘’Will I need my car or what?’’ her soft demand woke him up once again.
‘’No, the restaurant is just a few blocks away. And today I know where we’re going.’’’
‘’It won’t be a walk through half London?’’ she said jokingly.
‘’No, not this time...’’

He watched her as she went back to her car and ordered the driver to leave. He ordered the same his driver and waited till Barbara came back to him.

As she stopped next to him, he slung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. He was not sure how she would react, but he just wanted to take the risk and feel her closer at least for a second.

She felt his firm grip but didn’t pull back. I just want to be with him.