- Text Size +
She looked at him and thought how really tragic this is. He just wants to be appreciated and loved. Barbara felt so sorry for him that she wanted to embrace him and tell him that it’s just the same for her.

But at the moment she was thinking about this, he pulled her closer and said
‘’We’ve got to find our train. Did I sadden you? I’m so sorry. You know, I feel so good today. And it’s the best adventure I’ve had since...well, I don’t know...but such a feeling of being normal...’’

‘’Are you from Mars? Honestly, I don’t see any green horns on your head our something else what would point out that you’re an alien...’’
He started to laugh and his face looked so exempt from worries...
‘’I never saw this from this particular point. But I think I’ll better stay blonde, not green. What do you think?’’
‘’Well, you would look good even green, because I think that nothing could taint your look.’’
‘’So I can honestly say that you would look good even green with stripes...’’
‘’Then we would be a nice couple of Martians...’’
‘’We’re pretty much picturesque here on Earth, too. Oh, let’s take a picture of us! My cell phone’s got a camera.’’

The pictures were wonderful. Just like all normal people got in their albums.
‘’I want that pictures, too. Finally there’s a use for the camera in my phone...’’
‘’Sure, so will each of us have pictures. It’s really fun to photograph by myself, not being photographed.’’
They were fooling around with the cameras for a while.

As the train arrived they got into the carriage and again he leaned closer to her. Goodness, I already got used to this feeling! When he put his head on her shoulder, she ... put up her hand and disheveled his hair a little. I didn’t know why I did this. What has overcome me?
‘’I’m sorry. I don’t know why I did this...’’
‘’You don’t have to be sorry! I like it when you become so unpredictable. You haven’t done anything wrong. ‘’
‘’So you think that? I’ve never done something like this...’’
‘’Well, I thought it was so sweet and... So natural...’’
She didn’t know what to say... maybe he was right....But why was he right? I know, but it’s really hard to admit... I started to like him! Oh my god, what has really overcome me? I’ve met him a few hours ago, but it feels like I knew him for longer...much longer. But I’ve always thought that it takes a really long time to make me like someone...maybe he has some hypnotic powers? I really don’t know....but...he’s so cute...maybe it is his secret? She was lost in her thoughts that they almost missed their station.
‘’We need to get out here. It’s our station!’’ She stood up and run to the door, not looking back. But he didn’t either fall behind because after a few seconds they found themselves on the platform, and in an incredible way, he had again managed to be right behind her and put his hands around her shoulders.
‘’Were you trying to run away from me?’’ He said it in a such sad and soft tone that her heart almost melt.
‘’No, I wasn’t trying to run away from you...me...I just...’’
‘’Then I don’t have to run after you...but if I had to...I would run after you...’’
‘’What makes you so sure about that?’’
‘’I just think that I’ve not met someone like you...I don’t want to let you go...’’

His face leaned closer to hers; she felt his warm breath right on the cheek. She turned her head to him and saw that his lips were so close to hers...I don’t know what to do. What would have been right? She just stood still... He saw that she was unsure so he backed of. For a moment she aw a little disappointment in his eyes but it vanished instantly and he smiled at her lucidly.

’’Where do we need to go now?’’
‘’Just up these stairs and we’re almost there...’’
She walked a little faster, so he was right behind her, but he didn’t attempt to get nearer . Had I scared him of off me? It is not so that I wouldn’t like him, I was just... scared how fast I get used to him.

Nick walked behind her and was lost in deep thoughts. How could I tell her that I didn’t want to harass her? That I just thought she wants me too? What if I’m wrong? Then how could I show her that I would want to spend more time with her? Maybe I should be more chivalrous? But how I would want to embrace her and tell her that I like her so much....

She looked at him and felt somehow guilty. He walked beside her now, hands in the pockets of his jeans, his eyes staring at the pavement. Oh, how would she want to hug him and ask him what’s wrong! But could she do so? If he has decided to keep distance than she’ll do the same.

After a while they got into the capsule of the Ferris wheel. She'd always had a phobia from height so she didn’t know why she went there. Maybe I wanted to follow him no matter what? It’s a diagnosis for me today. Although the cause for this illness is really cute....

As the Ferris wheel gained height she started to feel panic. She tried to be brave but she couldn’t.

Suddenly she run... she ran to him. He was first surprised, but he didn’t hesitate and hugged her instantly.
‘’What is it?’’
‘’I’m so afraid of this height...I didn’t want to harass you...I’m...’’
‘’You don’t have to be sorry. I’m the guilty one. I didn’t ask you if you’re afraid of heights. And what’s more important-you’re not harassing me...’’
‘’I thought it wouldn’t be right to do so...I thought you could take it as offence...’’
‘’No...I was just worrying that you don’t like me... I thought I’ve scared you when we were in the final station...’’
‘’I just didn’t know what to do then... I thought I’ve just imagined that you could like me...’’

And then she started to cry....about everything that she had messed up in her life...that now when Ishe'd met someone she really likes she ruins everything...

She expected that he would turn away from her and look at her in revolt, but no...
He pulled her nearer, stroke her hair and kissed her a little shy and gentle. She really hadn’t expected this...it felt so good...as if it always had been so...

‘’I could always be there for you. You would always know that you can trust me...’’
These words sounded so sincere...no one ever had said something like that to me... and I wanted to believe him...Maybe I could let myself believe for a while?
‘’You don’t have to say that...’’
He didn’t say anything...but he again leaned closer and kissed her. This time it was surer yet not demanding. She put her arms around him and felt how near he was...the warmth of his body...but not only the physical nearness...it was the indescribable feeling of harmony what got her caught up...he was so near, but it didn’t feel uncomfortable...it was like we had been together for a while...

She felt so good in his arms...She'd never thought that someone ever could give her this feeling.

As they'dfinish the kiss he stroke her cheek and said ‘’Do you feel safer now?’’
‘’Oh, yes. Like never before. You made me feel...’’
‘’How did I make you feel?’’
‘’So needed. I know that sounds so stupid...how can I say that when you even don’t know me?’’
‘’But there’s something that should clear your doubts...I want to know everything about you...you make me feel so...so myself. So needed...you’re not afraid to show your emotions...This means you don’t try to pretend something for me...’’
‘’But it could make things difficult...’’
‘’I have always preferred reality to show...’’

She felt his even heart beat and steady breath. They had forgotten everything around us, the city lights, the height and the time around them. The Ferris wheel stopped heavy on the ground.

As they had to leave, she looked into his eyes and saw that he looked at me so mildly and loving... I had never seen someone looking at me like this... Can someone fake a look like this?

He took her hand and they went outside. The wind blew over the Thames, it was getting colder.

‘’Could I ask your number? I...would like to see you again...’’
He said it so subtle and childish that she had to laugh. ‘’Only if I get yours’’
‘’Sure. So you would want to call me?’’
‘’You don’t want me to call you?’’
‘’You can call me even in the middle of the night... Would you like to go out with me tomorrow? It would be a real honor for me...’’
‘’Oh, you’re so noble...you can call me tomorrow...it was really fun with you...so different...I would like to go out with you again...’’
‘’You’re making me really happy! I can’t wait till tomorrow...’’

‘’I got to call my driver, it’s time for me to get home...’’
‘’Well, maybe it would be better to call mine, so I had the chance to spend a little more time with you...’’ He was so cute... why not spend a little more time with him?
‘’Ok, call your car!’’

After a while a black Rolls Royce stopped and they got in. She had nothing to say to him. And he was quiet, too...For moment their eyes met again and she felt a fuzzy feeling...