- Text Size +
Alana parked in the parking lot of Tampa Wal-Mart super center. She ran inside, just as it started to rain. Grabbing a cart, she headed for the health and beauty aides section (HBA) of the store. There, she picked up a toothbrush, some razors, shaving cream, deodorant, and some hair gel.

She then, wheeled her cart to the men’s section. She grabbed a package of t-shirts, two packages of boxer shorts, a couple of jean cargo shorts, one pair of tan cargo shorts, a couple of button down shirts, and a couple pairs of athletic shorts .

She ran to the grocery side last to pick up some food that she knew Nick liked to eat. Alana also grabbed some Bud light beer, wine coolers, some Corona, and margarita mix. As she went to wait in a line, Bonnie caught up with her.

“How are you doing honey?” the older women asked, smiling warmly.

“I’m doing good,” Alana answered. I would be doing better, if my best friend felt the same about me.

“When are you coming back to work?” Bonnie asked “We all miss you.”

She wanted to go back to work, she really did. She didn't know if her heart would be into it anymore, but she needed to make money.

“I have a doctor’s appointment later this week,” she answered. And I really don't want to go.

“So you’ll probably be back soon” Bonnie said hopeful.

She looked in Alana’s cart. Bonnie was one of the very few people that knew about Nick.

“How is he doing?” she asked.

“He’s lost,” Alana answered quietly.

“Oh honey,” Bonnie said. “No he’s not. He found his way back to you.”

And what if he'll find the way to my heart? That no one before had found?

Alana smiled. They said their goodbyes and she finally checked out of the store. It was pouring when she went out to her car. She pulled into her garage about fifteen minutes later. She put away the few groceries that she had bought and put the three bags that she had bought for Nick into the extra bedroom. Alana looked in her room and saw that he was still sleeping. It's so good that he is finally getting his rest. It's great that he came back....I don't feel so alone anymore..he's with me...