- Text Size +
Alana woke up the next morning to the sound of the doorbell ringing. She squinted at the clock and groaned as she saw it was only 8:30 a.m.

Who the hell has the indecency to ring the doorbell this early? she thought to herself as she flung the covers back and got out of bed.

She grabbed her blue house coat and walked to the front door. Looking out the peephole, she saw a man dressed in a brown UPS suit and hat. She unlocked the three locks and opened the door a crack.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Are you Ms. Alana Patterson?" The man questioned looking at his clipboard and then at her again.

"Yes," she answered. Last time I checked anyways...

"I have a delivery for you Ms. Patterson," he said, looking at his clipboard a second time.

"I didn't order anything," Alana said, still looking out the crack of the door.

"Miss, I have two trucks that need to be unloaded at this address," The UPS man stated.

"Oh god," she moaned once realizing that it was all of Nick's stuff coming from Los Angeles.

A good two hours later, the three men and Nick (whom she had to drag out of bed) finished unloading the two trucks. Everything was in her basement for now, except fot his clothes.

When he said everything, I didn't think he meant his whole life she thought. What the hell am I supposed to do with all this shit? I have no basement. He really needs his own place.

Alana busied herself by starting a load of his clothes. The washer and dryer were off in the laundry room, which was by the kitchen. Nick had seven big totes and several dry clean only bags spread all over the spare bedroom. He was in the garage rummaging through boxes to find his play station 2 and games. He found everything, including his lap top; all in the same box and brought it inside. Alright! I found em'.

He put the box by the television in the living room and went to find Alana.

I wonder where she is he thought.

Nick went into her bedroom and saw that the light was on in the bathroom through the door that was ajar. He walked quietly acrossed the room and peeked through the crack. He saw her taking a bubble bath in the white garden tub. The bubbles came just above her breasts, exposing some cleavage. Her hair was piled on top of her head in a messy ponytail.

She looks so relaxed...I wish I could join her...whoah there boy, don't go thinking that...

A smile spread across his face as he watched her.

Alana ran her loofa over her arm. She heard the door open a little. Startled, she saw Nick watching her.

"Nick!" she cried, ducking down under the bubbles more "what do you think your doing in here?"

He opened the door all the way and walked in, sitting on the closed lid of the white toliet seat

"Enjoying the view," he replied.

She could feel her cheeks turn pick with embarrassment. I shouldn't be embarassed...He picked up the loofa and ran it across the back of her neck. She could feel tingles all the way down to her toes.

"Lemme wash your back," he said.

She looked at him for a second and then leaned forward a little. He ran the loofa down and across her back. It felt so good. oh yeahhh....She leaned back in the tub as he finished washing her back.

"Okay," She said, her voice hoarse "I have to wash my hair."

He flashed her one of his smiles and shut the door. Alana sank further into the tub. What I am going to do? she asked herself.
~**********~