- Text Size +
The next few months were a blur to Alana and to Nick. With him traveling around with the other four members of the Backstreet Boys and with her returning to work, it was really hard for the two friends to see each other. The guys were in the process of recording their newest album after a four or five year hiatus. They always called or emailed each other almost daily. Nick didn't want to screw up his friendship with Alana. He thought he had almost lost her due to him dating Paris Hilton. Why can't I see that Alana is the perfect match for me? What the hell did I see in Paris?She can't compare to Alana.

It was March 2nd. Nick was in Los Angeles finishing up some recording with the guys. Howie, Brian, and AJ had all flown home that afternoon. Kevin lived in Los Angeles, so he was home not long after. Nick had decided to stay in L.A. for a a day or two more to visit his family and some friends.

He dialed up Alana's number. His heart was pounding and his hands a little shaky all because he knew he soon could be back home with her. Yes, the only thing he really missed while recording the album was Alana. He wished that she could want him to come back. He wanted again to look into her beautiful green eyes and feel so special and needed.
The phone rang four times before she picked up.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Hey," he greeted.

She smiled at the sound of his voice. He had called her a couple of days ago. God, he called me! Did he miss me that much? She almost jumped.

"Hey, yourself," she replied back. "What's up?"

"Nothin'," he said "What about you?"

He was sitting in a rental car, a 2004 black Jaguar to be exact, and lit up a cigarrette.

"I just got home from work," Alana said. "I just talked to you, like, two days ago. Do you miss me that much?"

Nick laughed at her comment as he let out a puff of smoke out the window. I just can't come back right now. It's too dangerous for me...I could do something very wrong..but I want her so badly...

"When are you coming back?" she asked in a small voice.Why am I asking that? What will he think?

"I'm gonna stay in LA for a couple more days. I meeting some friends downtown for some serious partying," he answered, finishing his cigarrette, then throwing it out the window.

He heard Alana sigh on the other end of the phone.

"Lana, I know we haven't seen each other the last few months, but you know that I have been working on the new album with the guys," he said.

"I know this Nick," she stated "It just would have been nice to see you for a day or two before you went back to recording."

He was getting really agitated at her.

"Everyone wants me for something!" he exclaimed as he raised his voice, causing her to pull back the phone from her ear. "My family wants me to go see them, the guys want to finish this album, the fuckin press will not leave me alone, and now I have you wanting me to come back home! I cannot deal with all this shit! All I want to do is to have one night to hang out and be normal!" I want you but I can't have you...you're my best friend!

Alana could feel her blood boil. She was getting angry. He had not right to yell at her. She didn't do anything wrong. She just wanted to see her best friend.

"You are the one who chose this path," she yelled back "you didn't have to anything you don't want to do. You knew about all the shit that comes with being Mr. Pop Star."

"Don't give me your shit Alana!" he growled.

"Fuck you Carter," she said angrily and then hung up on him. And I thought you cared about me..I was so wrong.

"Fuck!!" Nick yelled as he throw his phone on the passenger seat of the Jaguar.

He put on his seat belt and headed to downtown Los Angeles to meet with some friends.
~**********~