- Text Size +
Alana was regretting going home after she clocked out of work for the day. She wasn't sure if she was ready to face Nick or not. The news had leaked out about his arrest. She vaugely knew the details, but the news was telling everyone that he had be doing drugs and that it impaired his judgement and other wild stories. She knew he would tell her what happened. She was doing pretty good for not seeing him or talking to him for the last eleven days, and then he had the nerve to show up at her work.

She grabbed an empty cart from the back so that she could get a few groceries. She spent twenty minutes in the grocery section before she checked out of Wal-Mart. She put her bags in the truck of her car and proceeded on her way home.

Parking her car in the garage, she grabbed the bags and unlocked the side door. Alana put away all of the food that she had bought. She saw that there was a pile of Nick's clean clothes folded on top of the dryer and that there was a basket of his dirty clothes near the washer.

She noticed that the dishes that were in her sink were washed and air drying in the dish strainer. What the hell is he up too? she thought.

As Alana walked further into her house she saw that the living room was picked up, the rug vacuumed, and the furniture was dusted. She even walked into the extra bedroom and bathroom to find them clean also. She was stunned, absolutely stunned.

She peered into her bedroom and saw Nick snuggled up the covers hugging the pillow that she used at night. She decided to let him sleep. He had to be tired from the plane ride and the time difference. Looks like he's taken the phrase about cleaning shit up literally...well, okay...it was a nice gesture of him...I'll let him sleep for a while...

Alana went back into the kitchen and opened the refridgerator to find a snack to eat.
~**********~

Nick opened his eyes slowly. He was so comfortable and didn't want to get up. He looked at the clock, it read 6:30 p.m. He had been sleeping for five hours straight, but only had wanted to sleep for a couple hours so that he would be up when Alana got home from work.

He rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes and stretched his entire body. This traveling everywhere is exhausting, thank god for a break, he thought to himself.

Nick had taken a shower before he had taken a nap. He was wearing white gym shorts and a yellow t-shirt. His hair stuck up everywhere, which was normal when he always woke up. He didn't care. He ran his fingers through his messy hair, so it was somewhat fixed as he walked passed the mirror that connected to Alana's dresser.

He walked down the hall and saw her settled on the couch in the living room watching television. She was still in the same outfit he had seen her in this morning. He casually walked into the living room, yawning and popped into the chair that sat next to the matching couch.

Alana watched him as he made himself comfortable in the chair. He was slouched with his legs spread out, as he scratched himself. Typical male, she thought to herself.

She was watching some movie on the Lifetime channel. Movies that he didn't like. He didn't say anything as he stared at the screen. She smiled as she watched his expression on his face. The movie was called Fifteen and Pregnant. It was about a 15 year old girl getting pregnant and how her and her family dealt with it. His face was all scrunched up in what was confusion or concetration, like he couldn't decide what was going on. Why is he making that face? He's sofunny! But I'm more curious what he's going to say...Hmm...I like his sleepish looks

Alana turned off the televison

"Hey!" he protested "I was watching that!"

She laughed a little and set the remote on the coffee table. His protest looked so acted and unnatural, yet something about it was touching to her.
~**********~

Nick was out on the pouch that was off the kitchen, smoking a cigarette. Alana watched him from the kitchen table. They had eaten sandwiches for dinner because it was easy to make. She wanted him to sit down and talk to her, but she knew he wouldn't for a while. She watched him as he leaned on the wooden rail and look out into the horizon. His backside was facing the sliding door and everytime he moved, her eyes followed. Damn! His ass is fine! she thought, Wait! what am I thinking? I'm not supposed to be thinking that way! Am I?

She cleared her head fast and tossed away the garbage that was left on the table from dinner. Nick came back in and washed his hands at the kitchen sink. He watched her staring at him as he dried his hands with a paper towel. God, his hands are nice! as another thought ran through her head.

He stood in front of her and looked down.

"You cleaned my house," she said, breaking the silence as she met his glance. That wasn't the best sentence to start the talk, but whatever...I just can't stay here and drool over him...

He nodded. "And I started to do my laundry," he replied.

"You didn't have to do anything, you know that don't you?" she asked.

"I know, but you do a lot for me, so I thought I would do something for you for a change," he answered quietly. "You do so much for me Lana, I have a lot of make up."

She gave him a small smile. "You do," she agreed.

"You're not supposed to agree with me," he said, causing her to laugh a little......Why is he doing that irresistible puppy look on his face?
~**********~

The two friends were settled in the living room, both on the couch. Nick knew that Alana was waiting for him to talk. She knew how he operated, inside and out.

He took a deep breath and began talking.

"I was really pissed after I called you," he started. "I was really pissed and stressed out about everything. It was getting to be too much and then you had told me that you wanted me home. That made me blow."

Alana shifted her position on the couch so that she was facing him.

"After you hung up on me, I drove downtown and met some friends and partied, hard. It was only 9:00 and I was hammered. Everyone left and were gonna met at another club, but I was pulled over before I even got there. Then I ended up getting arrested," Nick said. "That's what happened."

"That's it?" she asked "No drugs?"

"No drugs," he answered.

She looked into his eyes. He was telling her the truth. He would never lie to her, would he?
~**********~