- Text Size +
Alana looked at him. She had to make sure she heard him right. Am I hearing things?

"What did you say?" she asked her voice hoarse.

Nick rubbed his hands over his face and looked at her.

"I want you," he repeated. Do you want me as much as I want you? I need to know, that’s why I am telling you!

Her eyes searched his. He was finally telling her how he felt about her. She pulled him close to her by his tie, so that his lips were only inches from his. It was her turn. He had done it, so she had too.

"Only me?" she asked.

Nick gave her a big smile. He knew that Alana didn't get to the point when she was trying to express how she felt. She always played around the subject before she got to the point.

"Well, there is Brian, Kevin, Howie and A.J.....," he said, still smiling.

She shut him up as she pressed her lips to his. He cupped the side of her face as he kissed her back. He opened his mouth and caught her tongue with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her.

As Nick continued to kiss her, his cell phone rang. Who the fuck that is that?!? I’m too busy kissing the woman of my dreams…finally! He tried to ignore it, but after the third ring, Alana broke away from him to let him answer it.

"Hello?" he asked, as he caught his breath.

"Yo! What's the hold up dude?" A.J. asked. "We're already in the restaurant. Where are you guys?"

Nick smiled and looked over at Alana. She’s so beautiful…She was using the limo mirror to check her appearance to make sure she still looked alright.

"We'll be in, in, like five minutes," he answered.
He shut his phone and put it back in his pants pocket.

"Ready?" he asked as he proceeded to get out.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she answered, taking his extended hand.
~**********~

Alana had never gotten so much attention or compliments from so many different people in her entire life. Nick didn't let her leave his side once. When they had walked into the restaurant, Emeril's, he was stopped for a few autographs and a ton of pictures, most of which is posed with her. He kept her hand in his as they found their table in the back room with the others.

"It's about time," Howie said, looking at Nick, then at Alana.

"Wow girl," A.J. said "You look amazing."

She blushed and gave him a small smile. Brian, Kevin and Howie also gave her a few compliments. Nick pulled out her chair for her and helped her sit. She was sitting next to LeighAnn and Nick.

Dinner was brought out a few minutes later. The first course was salad. The waiters brought out the main course about a half hour later. Through their meal, they all exchanged conversations with each other. A live band was playing in the background for some entertainment. Dessert came about an hour later. Nick looked at his watch, it was 9:30p.m. Alana was sitting on the other side of the table in a deep conversation with Howie. Brian looked at his friend and saw him watching Alana talking with Howie.

"She looks good," Brian commented.

Nick smiled and finished the last of his third beer.

"Are you two, you know, together or something?" Brian asked.

Nick almost choked on his drink, causing everyone at the table to look at him. Holy shit! I don’t need to spill my drink on my suit.

"Are you okay?" Alana asked.

He nodded and wiped his face with a napkin. Everyone continued their conversations.

"Are you or not?" Brian whispered, leaning over.

He looked at Alana again and then back at his friend.

"We're still trying to figure it out," Nick answered. "Please don't say anything."

A few moments later, the bill was brought out and placed in front of Howie. Each of the guys reached in their wallets and pulled out enough cash to cover themselves and their dates. Nick started to get up and so did everyone else.

Alana walked over to her chair and grabbed her purse. She hugged each of the guys and then Kristen and LeighAnn. The guys exchanged their good byes and told each other they would see each other in a couple of days.

Frank waited for Nick and Alana near the back entrance. Frank held the limo door opened so that they could climb in. Nick seated him self comfortably on the limo seat and loosened his tie. Alana watched him as he fetched out two bottles of alcohol out of the mini-fridge, giving her one.
~**********~