- Text Size +
“Revelations”

“They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.” –Acts 4:28 NIV Bible.

**-Chapter Thirteen- Beyond the Fight ~**

He kicks open the rickety wooden door to the small cabin where the station assigned him to sleep in. He would share this room with Nick while Alison and Rose took the cabin across them. He had planned and requested that the two young teenage women should stay near him and Nick. He needed to watch them and he promised the others especially Brian and Kevin that Alison would be watched. He gazes at the quiet scenery of the log cabin, it looks peaceful expect for the sound of striking bullets coming from far off.

He drops the back bag and his suitcase on the wooden floor and makes his way to the bottom bunk bed. The room itself was decorated with one circular wooden table and two metal chairs. The walls are bare, only the mahogany planks there that did little to block out much of the strong cold wind coming from outside. The bunk beds had one white quilt and a sheet folded neatly on the corner of both of the twin size beds. A.J. sighs and lies back on the bottom bunk bed tired. He had a busy day in the morning when he along with the new recruits were trained to use guns that he only imagined existed in war movies. He never held a gun in his life beforehand and now that he knows how to use the deadly machine, it frightened him to know what disaster could result from the magnum. He closes his eyes and drifts into a light sleep, so for at least thirty minutes where he can get away from it all. His heart ache to be back home and missed his girlfriend terribly. He just knew Jamelet was staying up nights waiting for his arrival back into her arms. He sighs and welcomes the sleep, for he couldn’t think how upset the ones he care for are, he’s on business and he plans on making it back home no matter the cost.
~*~

He holds the magnum in his hands as he gazes over to his sibling. Her blonde locks tied in a bun as she concentrates on the target in front of her. The military sent him and his sister on the training base to practice their shooting. It was just the two of them there while the rest of the armed soldiers were called to fight. He gulps and watches his sister shooting in the center of the bull eyes placed in front of her ten feet away. Her mastery with the pistol and weapons fascinated him for he recalled Rose never having training in such an area. He looks at his sister and feels a sudden dread at his heart. If something went wrong in this war somehow, the loss of his sister would worry him to his death. He stares at Rose and longs to hug her, he truly loved his sister and would do anything to see her safe and happy again, but it seems now they’re both stuck in this war until its won.

He stares at Rose, her ocean blue eyes glittering in attentiveness as she practices her shoots. Her soft light tan complexion glitters in the soft yellow light. He recalls the time when they were little children and he combed her soft flaxen curls with a comb and helped her get dressed. He used to take her to her class and walk her down the hallways in their school to keep the bullies away from her. Now it was different, now he felt he couldn’t protect her anymore than he can protect himself. And that bothered him a bit.

Rose stops her shooting practice and gazes at him curiously, “What’s wrong? I have broccoli in between my teeth?” She asks, running to a small stained mirror on the wall in the training room.

Nick smiles and pulls her over to him in his arms, “You know I got your back right?”

Rose smiles and nods her head, embracing her older identical brother by two minutes. “Just like you said when I was getting bullied in school.”

Nick nods his head and whispers in her ear over the sudden quietness that loomed in the room, “And I mean it.” He states softly, looking out the dusty window where bodies of the dead soldiers were piling up and brought. He gulps and closes his eyes, this is a nightmare for him, he doesn’t know how he’ll survive through it all. And death seems to be lurking through the crevices of the building as more corpses were dropped off.
~*~

A.J. sits up suddenly in fright as the front door to his cabin opens. He rubs his eyes tiredly and sees Nick walking in holding his stomach. “Yo Nick, got a stomach ache?”

Nick starts coughing and lands on his knees as he coughs up a small amount of blood. This alarmed A.J and he rushes over to his wounded friend. Nick’s green t-shirt was stained with the crimson liquid pouring out of a bullet wound in his stomach.

“Oh God Nick!! What the hell happened dude?! We gotta call the paramedics for this, you’re shot!” A.J. yells in panic as he clutches a small navy blue towel on Nick’s stomach wound. “Did they call you in the war that you got shot?” A.J. says, the fear gripping his chest as he pulls out his cellular phone and dials for the emergency paramedics.

Nick lies back in A.J.’s arms, pressing the towel firmly over the wound waiting for the paramedics to arrive. “No, Rose almost walked in the war field. I…I… aww.” He screams in pain and continues speaking. “I saw one of the Darker Elitions pointing his rifle at her direction and I panicked. I pushed Rose out the way and got myself shot. I’ll be ok, it’s not a serious wound, I stopped bleeding.”

A.J. stares at his friend bug eyed, “Stop bleeding? Nick you got shot, did that ever register in your head? You got shot! Are you insane man? You could have gotten killed doing that! Have you thought if you died right then and there, what would have happened to Rose? Did you even think about that? How could you let Rose be so irresponsible? I promise the guys you would be safe and you go and get shot!” He states shouting in apprehension.

Nick sighs and waits for the paramedics, “Sorry, J. I’ll try harder next time. I promise.” He murmurs softly.

A.J. sighs and pats Nick shoulder, “It’s ok, I’m sorry for screaming like that, it’s just I’m worried about Rose that’s all. I’m worried about all of us and you scared me when you came in here bleeding. Mind you, I’m not fond of the whole body liquids and stuff.” He states jokingly gagging at the trail of blood Nick left behind on the floor besides him making Nick laugh. “They’ll be here in five minutes, until then we just sit and wait.” A.J. says quietly.

Nick smiles and nods his head, “Right, cause we really don’t have anywhere to go around here anyway.”

A.J. smirks and stares outside of the door for the arrival of two paramedics rushing through the door with an emergency kit in their hands.
~*~

Alison stares out the window and shakes her head, she couldn’t believe she was called to war. Her mind wondered as the screaming and running of the soldiers training nearby begin practicing their shooting

She brushes her dark medium brown locks into a ponytail and sits in a worn black sofa staring outside. She wanted to go home already and she only been here for two hours. She wanted to live, she didn’t want to die but her hope was fading as more corpses piled up outside the field near her cabin. She nibbles on her fingernails and waits for Rose to come back from training. She knew one of the soldiers would call her to practice once Rose comes back in the cabin. Sighing, she leans her head back and does a silent prayer that the Lord will bring peace to her hurting heart. She already saw too many dead bodies, many missing limbs and some almost unrecognizable, that it was hard to tell if it once were humans. She recalled when she got off the plane today to get to the cabin, the hundreds of bodies strewn across the dry beige earth stained with red. Many innocent un- trained soldiers like her, lied dead in the open fields- the results from the Darker Elitions. Her brown eyes weigh heavy as she lets a yawn come out. Her cell phone was taken from her and how she wished she can call Brian. She knew he must be worrying about her right now and her being in this dreadful war only made it worse. Alison stretches her arms in the air and scans her chocolate eyes across the small cabin room that she and Rose would share.

The wooden planks cover the floor and the wall. A worn sky blue rug was placed near the bunk beds, the beds themselves were covered with a flowered blanket and the two folded bright blue quilts lies folded at the corner of her and Rose’s beds. Other than that, a small portable refrigerator stands in the corner of the room and a small circular dining table stands near the door. A sink and small bathroom was added in the room. The room was strange and isolated and felt no where near home for Alison. Her snowy complexion shines in the dim yellow light as the morning sun bursts through the bared up windows in the room. “I wanna go home.” She whispers. And with that she closes her eyes waiting for her turn to be called by the soldiers.
~**~