- Text Size +
“Revelations”

“Your arm is endued with power; your hand is strong, your right hand exalted.”- Psalms 89:13, NIV Bible

**~Chapter Sixteen- Deeper Intentions

Jamelet jumps into the black Bentley as Kevin starts the ignition and backs out into the street. Brian and Kimberly sigh and lean back in the leather black seats as Kevin drives down the highway to Resident Hospital.

“Who called you exactly, that said the twins were in endangered?” Kimberly asks, her dark orbs gleaming in the morning sunlight.

“One of the hospital attendants there. The guy said the twins were wounded during the war, nothing to severe but enough to be a bit concerned about.” Jamelet states, taking a deep breathe. She was concerned about Nick and Rose, they were already hurt and they weren’t even called into war yet!

Kevin grins softly and pats Jamelet left knee gently, “The guys are fine, if the doctors are sending them back here to us, it’s even better. Besides A.J. is back with them, you get to see him again. So that should bring a smile back on your face.”

Jamelet giggles gently, “Yeah, your right. He’s back and he didn’t get to fight in the war.”

In the back, Brian sighed deeply and loud enough for Kevin and Jamelet to hear. “I don’t know why would they send Nick and Rose back here unless they’re seriously hurt.” Brian whispers.

Kimberly stares at her cousin, “Don’t say that, they’re fine! That’s what the doctor said. Alison is back too, so stop bugging.” She says tying up some dark brown strands loosely back in a bun.

Kevin pulls into the hospital parking lot and the four of them file out the car in a hurry, racing over to the entrance of the hospital.

Kevin, the first one to enter through the sliding glass doors was greeted by a young nurse receptionist behind her thick tall mahogany desk.

“Morning sir, how can I help you?” The young nurse states, her dark chocolate complexion standing out against the starch white nurse’s outfit.

“Hi, listen my friend here received a call from the unit in the war station that two young teenagers: Nickolas and Rose Carter were sent here to be picked up by us.” Kevin states: tapping nervously on the counter with his fingers. The nurse smiles and makes a quick call to check if what to see if the doctor approved of the two being released.

“Ok.” The nurse states suddenly startling the four young people before her. “The doctor states to wait over there in the waiting room for a few minutes and he’ll bring the siblings over to you. I’ll need one of you to sign the papers of release, that is if any of you are of age.” She states smirking.

Kevin smiles and nods his head, “We’re all of age actually.” He quickly grabs a pen on the table and signs his name on the release forms.

The nurse rolls her eyes and snatches the paper away, “Yeah, sure.” She states annoyed and places the form in a manila folder.

Brian blows air out of his mouth as he pulls an annoyed Jamelet away from the desk. “They’ll be in a few, calm down and don’t strangle the nurse.”

Jamelet mumbles something incoherent under her breath as she collapses along Kimberly on the hard stiff couch provided in the waiting room. Kevin and Brian stand nearby the two women whispering something. Suddenly Brian’s eyes lit up when he sees his friend A.J. holding onto a weak Rose and Nick as they all walks slowly into the waiting room. Kevin and Brian smile and help Nick and Rose take a seat gently as Jamelet and A.J. embrace in tight hug.

“Thank God you’re back! I thought I was never gonna see you again.” Jamelet whispers softly, her light brown filled with unshed joyful tears.

“Sweetie I could never stay away from you for too long. I’m so sorry about what happened to the twins, I feel like it’s my fault this happened. If only I watched them like I should have, I could have avoided all this.” A.J. states.

"It's not your fault, you did what you could." Alison states confidently.

Jamelet smiles, “They cut off all your hair. You look so different, like another person.” She whispers softly, running her hands over his shaven face.

Brian smiles, “She’s right. Maybe you should consider that as a different style, a change from your thug urban look.”

A.J. laughs and tugs on his black suede jacket, his tan complexion glittering in the strong white florescent lights of the hospital. Kimberly smiles at the two siblings and checks their wounds on their abdomen.

Alison steps in front of Brian and Kevin and her dark brown orbs fill with sad tears, “Oh God. I’m ok and back, away from the war. Brian, Kev, you wouldn’t believe how horrible it was over there. The deaths I’ve seen the minute I got there. It was sick, the Darker Elitions are no joke! And then with what happened with Nick, I was freaked out. I’m just happy that the commander let me go with the guys.” She collapses in her cousin’s arms crying from being overwhelmed. Her snowy complexion glittered in the hospital lights.

“Guys, I feel so bad for what you went through.” Kimberly says sadly.

Nick groans and shakes his head, “Na, don’t worry about it. I think it made me stronger. I can handle the pain. I lost of bit of blood but I’m doing well now thanks to A.J. and Alison.”

Jamelet gazes at her boyfriend curiously as A.J. explains that he and Alison gave some of their blood along with a donor to help out the lost of blood from Nick and Rose.

Brian being curious, sits beside Rose, “I thought only Nick got shot, I didn’t know you got hit too.”

Rose shakes her flaxen blonde head no and stutters nervously, “But I didn’t! I mean I almost did, but it was Nick that took the bullet. I was saved.”

Kevin rubs his chin and shakes his head in perplexity, “I heard of twins feeling sympathy pains for one another but this is extreme. Rose, you have a bullet hole and the doctors mentioned you were bleeding profusely on the way traveling back here. How can you not say you weren’t shot, maybe you did but you don’t remember, cause this is impossible.” His emerald eyes stare at the twins.

Rose getting infuriated with repeating her side of the story, stands up and points at Kevin, her ocean blue eyes gleaming and becoming cloudy. Kevin stands up and feels goose bumps arising from his arms, feeling suddenly cold in the room. He begins shivering and watches Rose staring at him in rage. Her blue orbs swirled in emotions and Kevin could see his breath coming out in cold mists. He backs away from the angry adolescent and stares at the others in fear and confusion. A.J. stands in front Rose, distracting her.

“What the hell was that?!” A.J. yells at Rose. He couldn’t understand it but he knew the room dropped in temperature since he walked in with the twins.

Nick struggles to stand up and stares at Rose, a look of perplexity crosses his light tan complexion. “Rose, what happened girl? What did you think you were trying to do? You scared us. Apologize to Kevin for staring at him like that.” Nick states, his breath coming out in mists as the room feels incredibly cold suddenly.

Jamelet watches the twins whisper in conversation when suddenly Jamelet recalled something, the cold: the cold brought back memories of all of them together in what seems like a large glass container. She felt this cold before but not from a person, from a machine. Jamelet closes her eyes tightly as she feels the grip of A.J.’s hand on her shoulders, talking to her. Her mind seems to be somewhere else as she gazes at Brian and Kevin to see them laughing. She closes her eyes again and sees herself running down a desolate hallway to reach a tall blonde haired woman. The pounding of her footsteps echoes against the red tiles, in her head. She keeps her eyes close to see where this strange “memory” will take her. She sees herself along with A.J. holding onto two flaxen haired twin’s hands, guiding the siblings hands to a picture of what seemed like a boy near their age with dark hair. The picture stared back at her and Jamelet couldn’t make sense of this.

“What?” Jamelet speaks to A.J. suddenly as the memories of that fade away.

“You look lost for a moment. I said are you ready to go?” A.J. repeats to her.

She nods her head, her dark medium locks tumble around, “Yeah, yeah. Let’s get out of here.”

Alison smiles and walks out the door with her three cousins as A.J. and Jamelet help out the twins to the front exit of the hospital leaving the silent eerie institution.
~*~

The king paces in front of his throne angrily awaiting news from his messenger. He turns at the sound of the thick mahogany door opening as a small timid man slithers into the room. “Took you long enough. What about that woman, the exceptional one that was destroying our army?”

The messenger quivers at the sight of the young king and stutters, “Well sire. It seems she has part of our blood in her. She has all the Darker Elitions fighting ability and even more. She has incredible power, but we, we well we haven’t caught her.”

The king’s dark eyes narrow at that statement and he slams his fist down on a small round table besides the throne, breaking the table in half. The loud crack makes the messenger jump in fright. “Sire, I know you wanted to get your hands on her, but she’s more difficult to get to. And she has family that seems to be puzzling our dear girl.”

“Family?” The king asks curiously, “What family? We tore her away from her parents long ago. Her parents are dead. She has no memory.”

“Sire, if I can say so, she saw one of the siblings on the field while she was battling our men. I over heard her screaming something when she visited the two siblings in the medical ward. She ran out screaming our battle cry!! Sire our battle cry!! No one knows that outside the army, but she does! She stated she was no sister of anyone. But the blonde haired girl hurt thinks differently.” The messenger states, his little eyes perked at the King’s facial movement.

“Well she’ll believe soon enough.” The king states and with that lifts the sword buckled around the side of his thigh and shoves the sharp metallic sword through the messenger’s stomach, ripping the soft flesh and organs. The messenger gags and falls over dead on the floor. “You did your job already. No use for you anymore. I’ll do what my father could not. I will get a hold of our troubled angel of darkness and the sooner the better.” And with that, the king settles back on his throne chair watching the trail of the crimson substance coming from the messenger’s ripped body. The blood traces a pattern on the red tiles and the king smiles. His eyes stare outside the window to see the human lives being wasted and destroyed and that brought a sadistic sneer on his twisted face.
~*~

Howie watches his friend Ana sleep calmly in his arms. It disturbed him last night when she entered through the door covered in blood. The room now carried the stench of death as the dry blood on the sword cracked. ‘God Ana, what happened to you? You killed! That’s not like you. I mean you did help eliminate almost half the enemy army. But still your strange attitude, this isn’t the Ana I know.’ He thinks to himself. He watches the woman curled in his arms, her blonde tresses matted with dry blood in a deep sleep. She’ll have a lot of explaining to do when she gets up and they’ll have to clean all the mess she left behind. Howie sighs and leans his head back on the pillow, ‘It’s gonna be a long day.’ He shakes his head and stares at his friend. She knows she won’t talk but he needs answers to her sudden strange expedition and he hopes it wasn’t the influence of the twin patients. He closes his eyes and falls into a light nap, hoping that when he opens his eyes, his Ana will be the same one he met before she took lives in the war.