- Text Size +
“Revelations”

- “We have different gifts, …”- Romans 12:6a, NIV Bible.

**~Chapter Nineteen- Those With Eyes See~**

A.J. drums his fingers on the steering wheel as he pulls up to the parking lot. He hears Jamelet sitting in the passenger seat, fumbling through her back pack.

“You ready?” He mumbles watching the two siblings in the back seat already exiting the car.

“Guess so. Alex not for nothing, but what are we doing? We could get killed trying to go to warfare. You know the military isn’t just gonna let us go there unless we’re drafted to fight in the war. Alex, why did you say yes to them? This is insane!” Jamelet whispers aggravated.

A.J. sighs and shakes his head, “What do you want to me to do? I can’t let them go by themselves. If the airport security gives you problems in boarding then stay here and warn the others where we’re going.” His chocolate eyes turning a murky brown in concern.

“This is wrong what we’re doing, you know that right?” Jamelet states, her light brown eyes gleaming in the soft morning glow of the sun. She reaches out to the car handle and steps out the car followed by A.J.

A.J. sighs and runs to catch up with the siblings who were already talking with a military superintendent.

Nick turns to face A.J. his ocean blue eyes glittering in happiness. “They’re gonna make a call to see if they can get in contact with the medical professionals at the war. Maybe we can convince Ana to come with us.” Nick states.

Jamelet rolls her eyes, “Nick, I don’t think she’s gonna come. She’s needed at the war, she can’t leave unless she gets hurt.”

A.J. nods his head in agreement, “Jams right on this guys. Unless Ana herself decides to leave for something serious she won’t go.”

Rose narrows her azure eyes at the couple before her, “She’ll come, I just know she will. She’s our sister, I don’t want her out there, too many are dying and I don’t want her to be on the next list of the deceased.” She growls angrily, staring at Nick for support.

A.J throws his hands in the air while Jamelet shakes her head tiredly.

“Look, we’ll be in the car if you need us. I’m not gonna argue with you two anymore.” A.J. states, gently pulling on the petite woman, his girlfriend, next to him over to the exit of the military station.

Nick throws his arm around his sister, “Don’t worry, they’re not that concerned with Ana, but we are. We’ll get our sister back, you’ll see.”

Rose smiles and stares into her brother’s identical bright eyes. “I hope you’re right.”

Nick nods his head, “I am, you’ll see.” And throws his arm around his sister’s shoulders.
~*~

Jamelet opens the car door and slams it behind her. A.J. opens the driver side of his black Mercedes.

“What was that all about?” A.J asks curiously gazing at his girlfriend.

Jamelet murmurs something under her breathe, “Nothing.”

A.J. raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, “That didn’t look like nothing back there. I know you think the twins are little crazy about making that assumption with the Para surgeon, but I saw all three of them when I was at the war area. There was some connection. Ana had stated that the she wasn’t their relative, but Rose insisted. I don’t know J, but I know and saw there was something deeper in there. If this Ana girl is their relative, we gotta do something.”

Jamelet looks at him glumly and slides down the seat with her back pressed on the leather seat. “Maybe we can look into this further. We should go back in there and see if they found anything. The twins looked so worried.”

A.J. smiles and pats Jamelet on her knee, “That’s my girl!” And he opens the car door ready to step out. Jamelet grabs his arm and leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek when suddenly A.J.’s fingers let out a bright orange spark that vanishes into the air.

Jamelet jumps back into her seat in surprise, “What the heck was that?!”

A.J. stares at his fingers, “What? I don’t know, I didn’t see anything.” He asks confused.

“Your hands, they lit up!” Jamelet whispers, narrowing her eyes at him.

A.J. shakes his head perplexed about that and gets out the car walking back to the war station. Suddenly he feels a deep stinging sensation travel into his arms, he looks at his hands which now were turning red and raw. He closes his eyes quickly and he shakes his hands, hoping he didn’t burn himself with anything when he wasn’t paying attention.

A.J. didn’t realize he left a trail of fire from his car. He hears Jamelet screaming as she struggles to get out the car and run towards him. A.J. gasps to see the fire grow large and begins to consume his car. Jamelet reaches him and hears her screaming to get out the way. A.J. gets out of his shock and both run to the entrance of the station just in time to catch the car burst into flames. The explosion thundered in the morning air, causing a small earth quake on the ground they were standing on.

Jamelet covers her ears as the fire does its damage to the car, shooting out sparks of flames as smaller explosions occurred within the car. A.J stares in horror at the sudden fire that had erupted.

Jamelet gazes at A.J worriedly, her thoughts confused and dazed. “Your hands, your hands! Their burning!!!” She screams out, her light chocolate eyes stare at A.J. nervously.

A.J. gulps staring at his sore hands. “I don’t know, I don’t know!”

Nick and Rose scramble out the station in shock, watching the blazing fire that had erupted only seconds ago. Nick watches A.J. who’s staring at his hands.

“Yo, J what happened dude?” Nick states, his voice quivering.

A.J. shakes his head confused and whispers, “I don’t know Nick, I don’t have a clue.”

Rose watches the burning car in alarm, her blue eyes capturing the remains of the charred metal of the car. She tugs nervously on her blonde tresses and walks over to Jamelet. “What happened here?” She says softly over the burning and lapping flames of the fire.

Jamelet points to A.J. “Ask him, he started it!”

A.J. stares at Rose bug-egged, “I had nothing to do with it!”

Nick smirks and grabs A.J.’s hands, “Really? Cause I think I saw the trail of fire you left behind when I was looking out the window outside.”

A.J. shakes his head confused, “No, no, see fire can’t come out of me, I’m human. Nick I’m a freaking human being, we don’t have fire coming out of us! I’m not a mutant to be carrying such a thing on me.”

Jamelet breaths out what seems like a cold mist out of her mouth which perplexed the other three.

“Jamelet, it’s not that cold. I mean yeah, it’s a bit chilling but nothing enough for us to be really cold.” Rose says, peering at her friend confused.

“But I’m not cold!” Jamelet responds confused as more smoke billowed out her mouth.

A.J. stares at Jamelet puzzled, watching her shake her head. Jamelet turns her attention to a nearby tree and suddenly the thick oak tree exploded in fire, the bright orange flames surrounding the tree. Jamelet could hear the gasps in the others.

“Whoa! Her eyes were glowing!! Did you see that? Her eyes were all orange and stuff. She looked at the tree and it started burning!” Rose yells, pointing at the burning tree.

Jamelet stands there, shaking her head.

“I say we get back indoors and get some help to take out this fire. A.J. I’ll go with you to the bathroom and place some ice on your hands. Rose, you stay with Jamelet and tell the supervisors what happened. Go now!” Nick states, running off with A.J. by his side.

The fire engines pulled up to the military station and started to take the fire out on the car and tree as the four friends disperse.

Jamelet stares back at the burning tree in amazement and wondered if she really had anything to do with that fire.
~*~

The queen smiles and claps her hands. The twins are already putting the pieces of their life together and that pleased the queen.

“Your majesty. Your children are beginning to understand their past! When shall we transport them back home?” A fiery redhead states, her burning emerald eyes staring at the queen.

“Not yet. The war has only belong. They want to get their sister back, I’ll see far they can take this with out harming themselves.” Queen Jane states, her bright blue eyes staring at the glass orb.

“So what do you think the king will do to them once he figures it out?” The young woman servant asks, her pale complexion shining in the white ceiling lights.

“I already know he figured out what one of my daughters can do, I have to protect her, but have no way of reaching her. I must send a letter to the guidance advisors on Earth.” She scribbles something down on a paper and folds it into an envelope. She quickly passes the sealed envelope to her servant and smiles, “Go, sent it to the two guardians of the siblings.”

“But my queen! The two watchers have no clear idea to what is happening to them, they have no memory of you or their past. How can you send it to them if they don’t recall you?” The young woman servant states: kneeling in front of the queen.

Queen Jane smiles and pats the servant on her head, “My child, their memory will come back sooner than you think. The king will not win this war, I will make sure of that. Now go, hurry along, the more longer you take, the more lives the king takes with the Darker Elitions. We must prepare for war.” She states, pushing aside her long velvet cloak to sit on her throne.
~*~

Kevin grumbles under his breath at the mess of food the others left behind. He had specially told them to clean up after eating breakfast, but as usual, the others ran off to leave poor Kevin to clean up after them. Kevin catches a glimpse of Brian running in the back yard laughing and goofing off after Alison. Kevin feels a slight headache rising in his temples, ‘Oh no, he’s cleaning this up’ He mumbles to himself joining the others in the yard. “Alright guys, you left the mess and I’m not cleaning it up. I suggest if you don’t wanna wake up with the garbage on your bed, that you go and clean it up now. Cause I ain’t doing it!” Kevin states, grabbing a beach chair and collapsing into it.

Brian smirks and continues to tease Alison as Kimberly watches on, laughing.

Kevin getting frustrated, stands up and shakes his head, he raises his arms over head stretching as he feels his anger tickling him in the pit of his stomach. Finally after a few minutes of seeing the other three still goof off, Kevin grumbles and his arms still over head, he shouts, “Ok, that’s it, I hope you like roaches sleeping with you tonight, cause I’m dumping the trash in your rooms!”

Dark clouds cover the early morning sunlight suddenly as thick thunder bolts shoot out, crashing into the backyard. Brian stops running and mortified, runs into the house in fear along with Alison and Kimberly. Kevin stands there in shock at what just happened. He knew the day was gonna be a beautiful one but why the rain clouds? Kevin stands there confused, as Kimberly drags him indoors, her light tan complexion glittering in the sunlight.

“Where’s the rain?” Brian asks peering at the window.

Alison shrugs and watches the window next to Brian, seeing the dark clouds disappear and the day clear up. “Well that was weird.” She whispers, pulling on her dark locks.
~*~

Ana rushes over to the phone as one of the soldiers directed her to it. After speaking to one of the military supervisors back home, she’s left to decide if she should return back home and leave the war.

“Who was it?” The familiar voice of Howie, tickles her ear. Smiling, she turns around and throws her arms around Howie’s neck.

She sighs, “It’s a message from the two twins, they sent a message to one of the guards back home that it is imperative that I catch the next flight back home, there’s an emergency shortage of hospital attendance in need and it looks like we’re needed.”

Howie smiles, “Well good, let’s go back home then. I wanna get out of here.”

“But the twins told them they wanted to speak to me.” Ana states, rolling her blue green orbs.

Howie smiles, “How cute, they wanna personally thank you.”

“I doubt it. Anyways I already heard that the station already sent out a plane for us to catch, like I really wanted to go.” Ana states, the sarcasm lingering in her voice.

Howie runs his fingers through Ana’s flaxen locks, “I’m happy we’re leaving, I don’t wanna see that Ana that killed. You took enough lives to last you an entire life time and beyond.”

Ana nods her head and heads back to her room to pack, but something told her that she’ll take more lives before the day is over.