- Text Size +
"Revelations"

~**Chapter 20- Frozen Terror**~

Rose paced about in the military station nervously, her golden locks fluttering about her face. Her crystal blue eyes skipped about the government building earnestly, hoping to catch sight of her sister. Now that she and her twin knew of their true selves, they both felt lonely without her. They had each other of course, for they were one instead of two in so many ways, they meant the world to each other; but both twins felt incomplete. As far back as their memories could take them, it had been the three of them, three parts of one whole, and they both wanted that feeling back badly. Rose then thought of their simple, yet happy, childhood smiling. Things had been so much easier for them then. They had none of the problems that troubled them now. She grinned thinking of when Nick, Ana, and herself had been the master team of pranks, always playing tricks on their overbearing and controlling advisors. The spoilsports never let them go out and have fun so they ended up scheming up devious plans and snuck away from them. Life had been absolutely different on Venus so many years ago, and Rose desperately wanted it back, yearning for all she had lost.

'I would have had it too, if it wasn't for Kevin's stupid cryogenic freezing machine.' She thought to herself resentfully.

Kevin, Brian, AJ, Jamelet, Alison, Kim, Anastacia, and her partner Howie. There was so much they needed to tell them. It was so frustrating for the identical siblings, knowing that the two of them are the only ones out of the ten of them who knew the truth. In fact, they would have revealed it already, if it didn't sound so completely insane, even to themselves. Rose sighed, gazing over at her brother sitting next to their two friends, Jamelet and AJ; talking with them about something. Nick the noticed her anxious gaze and went over to his sister immediately.

"Dude, Rain, you've gotta calm down. She'll come, trust me on this one."

"I'm trying Nick…it's just…well…"

Nick threw his arm around her shoulders in comfort, and she threw her arm around his smiling.

"I know, but believe me, it'll work out okay? Have I ever lied to you about something like this?" Nick replied beaming at her, his sapphire eyes gleaming with happiness and excitement.

Rose opened her mouth to reply to him, but was interrupted when AJ decided to speak up instead.

"Guys, don't get your hopes up too high about this. It may not work out the way you guys think it will." He told them softly, while he walked over to them along with his girlfriend, their brown eyes swirling with worry and concern.

"She's coming alright! They warned us that there might be a delay concerning them getting here!" Nick spat out, "I thought you two were here to help and support us, not bring us down."

Jamelet put her peach hand on his shoulder, her sweet face a window to her troubles, and her brown tresses cascading down her back.

"Nick, Rose, it's not that we don't support you. We're just saying that she denied it before in the hospital; she has no reason not to deny it now. Something's not right about all this either. There's something you're not telling us. What's really going on?!"

Rose fumed, her baby blue eyes beginning to glow an amazing neon blue as she raised her hands up in frustration. Suddenly the room's temperature started dropping hurriedly, till it became far below zero, the ground beneath her become slick and slippery as it became enveloped with frost. Ice spread across the black tiled floor rapidly, icicles forming everywhere. Screams began to filter into the air, it's echo haunting the building.

"ROSE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING! WHAT IS THIS! HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS EVEN HAPPENING!!!!!" Nick screamed, but she took no notice of her now hysterical twin's earsplitting screams.

The three of them watched on in dread as the ice began to creep up citizens' legs, the screams of fright cut short as the ice reached their face and up to the eyes. The bodies exploded, frostbitten pieces of flesh flying everywhere. Crimson stains spattered the walls along with tissues and arteries sticking everywhere because of the cold. People ran in fear and confusion to all the doors, only to realize that they were frozen shut. They stood there in shock as their faces contorted with pain, their stomachs ripping open, frozen organs spilling out along with the icicle ridden blood. AJ, Jamelet, and Nick stared at Rose, their jaws dropping in utter disbelief and horror at the ghastly sight before them. Never noticing that the ice never touched them and not realizing that the cold didn't affect any of them whatsoever.

"Rose, what is this?" AJ called out fearfully, looking around at the winter wonderland that was now looking like something taken from a horror movie. She kept ignoring him her eyes glowing a brighter and brighter blue, as the ice overcame any poor victim in its unyielding path.

Nothing had stayed untouched. Snowflakes filtered about from the struggling air conditioners, the floor resembling a family skating rink. Icicles hung about from the ceiling and began dropping, piercing many innocent victims through the head as it striked them unexpectedly, blood spurting out like a fountain everywhere, as the person would start convulsing for a moment and collapsed on the floor.

Nick gazed around not wanting to believe that his baby sister was causing all this. Pieces of rotting frostbitten flesh decorated the room, veins and organs hanging from the ceiling as haunting ornaments. Bones scattered along the floor along with the few recognizable bodies, their faces were caught in a look of pure terror, their eyes glassy within the lifeless bodies. Blood painted the room, the walls now an eerie crimson red.

"RAIN! STOP! YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP THIS!!!! IT'S ME ICE! YOUR TWIN!!!! ROSE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!!!!" Nick yelled, embracing her in an attempt to stop her or distract her. Her eyes became a peaceful ocean again as the ice halted its deadly attack. She glanced at her brother as he sighed softly with complete relief.

"Nick" she breathed, her eyes rolling to the back of her head, and collapsing in her brother's embrace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jane stared at the orb in pure terror. She couldn't believe the frightening events occurring before her very eyes. She watched on as her innocent niece's powers went out of control completely, murdering many innocent people that came into her path. This wasn't supposed to happen. She groaned, realizing that Rose's quick rising temper was to blame for this. If she had known that this would be a result of it, she would have prepared for this better. Now they had a big mess in front of them. How were they gonna clean this up? How could this paranormal event be explained, sounding reasonable, while at the same time, not endangering any of the chosen ten?

'Great, how in the hell am I going to fix this? It's things like this that can put the Elitions back on the twins' tail? They almost got them once, and we barely got them off last time. It's bad enough that they're getting close to finding Anastacia." She though to herself in despair.

Her young servant came up behind her just then, her emerald eyes widening in shock at the images in the orb.

"Uh, Queen Jane, Lord McLean and Lady Sanchez have both requested me to tell you that the book has been delivered to the twins. They both promise that it was done with the greatest of care."

She turned to the girl, running her hands through her short blonde strands. Her amber eyes focusing on the girl before her solemnly.

"You are certain of this?"

"Of course my lady."

"Good. And not a moment too soon Julie."

Julie looked toward the tired young queen quizzedly, confusion written on her youthful face.

"Why is that?"

"It explains everything the children need to know. My end is coming near, and this is to guide them when I cannot. I only wish I had sent it sooner. It might have stopped accidents like today's from happening." She said bitterly, gesturing toward the floating blue glass orb above them.

The fiery redhead gazed at the orb sadly. Her green eyes full of hope and youth.

"Do you think it will be done? Will we win? Can the chosen ten finally defeat the Darker-Elitions?"

"I pray for that every night child. I hope we do. May the Gods be praised if we can finally have salvation."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The king paces about the dark candlelit room, waiting for news about the soon to be capture of their newly discovered Angel Of Death.

"S-s-s-sire?" a young messenger stutter, as he entered the room, walking up the king nervously.

"Did you find her? Did we capture her?"

"N-n-no…but we do have other news that is of as great importance to you, sire."

The king glared at him sitting in his throne of skulls and bones. He knew he had to find this mysterious Angel Of Death. She might be their lost princess, if not she was still a dangerous threat to the Darker- Elitions, either way, he knew she had to be dealt with immediately.

"WHAT CAN BE MORE URGENT TO ME THAN FINDING HER!!!!!" he roared, grabbing the sword buckled to his side threatingly, leaning forward out of the throne.

"I-I-I think we have found the other children."

"What children?" he asked curiously, leaning back into the chair.

"We suspect that we have found the children of Venus. That they are the ones whose father attempted to eliminate our blood. The one who has captured the formers kings baby girl."

He stood up suddenly, slamming his sword down. The ground splitting and cracking greatly under the immense pressure.

"WHAT?! HOW DO YOU FOOLS EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS TO BE SO?!"

"I saw them myself sire. A set of twins who bore the Venusian crest on their left wrist, they also had the symbol showing that they are to be the royal heirs upon their necks! It's them sire!!! Nickolas and Rose Carter."

"Have you captured the two of them yet?" he questioned, nearing the young servant messenger.

"N-n-no…s-s-sire"

"WHY NOT?! THEY ARE HARMNLESS TWIN CHILDREN?! THEY HAVE NO DEFENSES! HOW CAN THEY ESCAPE YOUR GRASP?!"

"I-I…"

"YOU ARE INSOLENT!!!" he bellowed, grabbing his blade. He rushed it into the servant's ears. He trembled and shaked as blood seeped out of his ears. He then fell limp to the ground, lifeless. Blood ran along the ground drawing a haunting pattern as it dripped into the cracked floor. The king smiled cynically at the screams of terror coming from the war around them.

"Those twins beware, for soon, they will never see a glimmer or spark of daylight again."