- Text Size +
"Revelations"

~**Chapter 26- Ripped To Shreds**~

Brian massages Rose's shoulder soothingly. He felt the tension building up within her, and didn't understand why. She was so filled with resentment, yet she had seemed so filled with joy just an hour ago. Now that he thought about it though, the twins never did work out their problems. They just thrust them aside and acted as if they never happened. He knew they still troubled her, and wondered if she was even gonna talk with her brother about it.

His cerulean eyes skipped about the dark room, seeing that the others were engrossed with the movie on the TV before them. All except Nick that is. Brian was rapidly developing a close friendship with the young man, and knew that Nick's mind was in another place completely. His sapphire eyes became as cold as the nickname he was given. He watched on as he came over and tapped Rose's shoulder, indicating that he wanted to talk. Her azure eyes stared pleadingly into Brian's as she stood up and followed her brother into a nearby hallway. Alison then got up and settled next to her cousin, seeing his concern for Rose Carter.

"What was that all about Bre??"

"They need to work things out. I've never seen Rose so hurt before. Those two are so close that it's scary."

Ali gawked at him, amazed. She began to see her usually levelheaded cousin in a brand new light. He never got worked up about "petty social problems" as he called it. Now, he was getting worked up and going crazy because of Rose. She had an uncanny feeling that this was all too familiar, but ignored it, thinking it was wrong. She had never seen Brian act this way about any girl he had ever met or even dated before, and the two of them had grown up together.

"You love her don't you?"

Brian looked at her in confusion. He didn't think he loved her. 'I'm not in love with her,' he thought, 'I'm just concerned cause she's a good friend of mine, that's all.'

"What do you mean??"

"It's sooo…obvious! YOU-LOVE-HER!" She told him, her innocent brown eyes becoming wide and childlike, emphasizing her statement.

"I-" he stopped, hearing loud ranting and raving coming from the hallway Nick and Rose were in.

All four cousins quickly ran down to see what was happening. They discovered the two blonde headed Carters facing off. They continued their angry shouts at each other. Their young identical faces were crimson red with fury and passion.

"WHY CAN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?! NICK YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME THIS TIME! I AM NOT A LITTLE KID ANYMORE! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT! ARE YOU FRICKEN BLIND!!!"

"I KNOW THAT! But what happened wasn't natural!! I worry, alright!! ROSE YOU'RE CHANGING! WHAT IS UP WITH YOU!!!"

"I TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES THAT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE! I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT! YOU ARE NOT MY BABYSIITER! I AM NOT A BABY!!!"

"I never said you were!!"

"You sure as Hell act like it!"

"Rose I-"

"Guys! Guys!" Kevin shouted, getting between them in an attempt to stop their fighting. "There's no need for-"

Nick glared at the older adult angrily. He shoved him aside roughly into Alison and Kim. Kim caught him and began to ask Kevin if he was alright.

"STAY OUT OF THIS! IT'S NOT YOUR BUSINESS! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND ROSE SO BUTT OUT!!!"

"HEY!" Alison yelled, going to Nick. She shoved herself in front of him, her face inches away from his. A gust of wind stormed about the room, but everyone was too busy or angry to notice. It ruffled the papers around the house and swept up everyone's hair momentarily, that they would only remember later on.

"EXCUSE ME!!! YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE HERE! YOU ACT LIKE YOU'RE ABOVE THE REST OF US, THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY SUPIRIOR, INCLUDING YOUR OWN TWIN SISTER!!! REALITY CHECK NICK-YOU'RE NOT!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW ROSE CAN EVEN PUT UP WITH YOU! YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH JERK I HAVE EVER MET OR SEEN! GUESS WHAT? I'M TIRED OF IT! IF NO ONE ELSE WILL TELL YOU THIS INFORMATION, THEN I WILL! YOU NEED A SERIOUS ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT NICKOLAS CARTER." She seethed. She opened her mouth to speak again, when Rose turned on her. Her blue eyes blazed and swirled with fury, protectiveness, and love for her brother.

"Hey, I don't care who you are…NO BODY and I do mean NO BODY talks to my twin like that." She growled, pushing Alison back slightly, " And that does mean you."

Alison fumed pushing Rose back angrily.

"Is it MY fault your precious brother is a idiotic monster, even to you!"

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, I think I do"

"Oh yeah? Well, I think you're an idiotic snob who makes judgments based only on opinion and without knowing the whole story." She informed her shortly, thrusting Alison to the ground angrily.

Alison's gaze went to Brian as she stood up, brushing herself off.

"You're not gonna just stand there and put up with this crap are you??"

"Don't involve him! Fight your own fights!" Rose replied, her flaxen locks swinging about her innocently beautiful face.

"ROSE! ALI! STOP!" Kevin and Kim cried, pulling the quarreling grils away from each other. Nick walked over to his baby sister quietly while Kevin and Kim tried to calm their cousin.

"Uh thanks Rain."

They sat facing each other on the couch in the living room. An awkward silence fell between them for the first time.

"Listen Ice, no matter how mad I am at you, you're still my big bro and I've always got your back."

"Ummm…I'm sorry about earlier. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that what happened scared me and I worry."

"I know Nick but I am eighteen and you have to accept that."

"Yes, but everything in our lives has gone crazy. I care about you and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Well it is nice to know you'll always be there for me."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They embraced each other tightly, when Rose once again caught sight of Alison.

"But you!" she hollered, pointing at Alison, "have NO right to say what you said to my brother!!"

Alison walked over to the twins. Rose glared at her in pure uncontrollable rage. She leaned forward as Nick wrapped his arms around her waist for comfort and support. The teen girls' noses were almost touching.

"Guess what? I did anyway! You two deserve each other. A selfish brat and an annoying jerk for a brother."

"You don't even have a clue of what you're saying. Right Brian??"

Alison looks to her best friend, her brown tresses lying in a low ponytail down her back.

"You're not taking HER side are you Bre??"

Brian's eyes went between the two of them. His mind was spinning with the troubling event before him. He knew he couldn't choose between the two girls.

"I-I-I don't know!" he cried out in anguish and bolted down the hallway to his room.

"Great! Now look what happened! I hope you guys are happy!" Kim yelled, chasing after Brian, "Hey Brian! You okay! Wait!!"

"This is all your fault!" Alison yelled at the identical siblings before her.

"Hey back off!"

"Yeah! You're not innocent in all this!" Rose replied.

"Oh," Alison scoffed, "and you are? You're about as innocent as the freaken devil!!"

"At least she doesn't look or act like him!" Nick defended.

"HEY! STOP FIGHTING!" Kevin bellowed again, in a desperate attempt to get them to stop.

Kevin sighed as they ignored him. The shouts and screams became a giant buzzing in his ears. He put his face in his hands defeatedly. Then running them through his black spikes in frustration. It was gonna be a LONG night.