- Text Size +
"Revelations"



**~Chapter Twenty-Eight- Caught In Two Worlds~**

Kevin watches Alison sleep calmly on the small sofa bed and he tucks the warm quilt over her sleeping form. He smiles and caresses her dark brown locks. Sighing he whispers, "I wish everything was back to normal." He received no response from the sleeping form curled under the blue and light green patterned quilt. Suddenly Kevin sees a vision capturing his mind. He sees that same quilt lying on the black marble tiles of a luxurious room inside of a castle. He sees himself years younger wrapping that same quilt over what seemed like Alison who was shivering from the cold breeze, wet in her bathing suit. Kevin smiles and recalls how happy she was that day. It was her birthday and she loved the small party that was thrown for her. Alison's coffee eyes glitter in glee as she absorbed the beautiful surroundings around her. Kevin watches the vision unfold before him and stop. Again the same vision, obviously the quilt pertains to their past, but what past did he and Alison, let alone the others have?

"What's going on?" He whispers to himself, rubbing his fingers on the hem of the quilt. "All these visions. The powers. What the hell is wrong with us?" He whispers softly to himself. Slowly the living room door opens as Nick slips into the room.

Nick smiles softly and sits down on an empty seat besides Kevin watching the sleeping Alison. "Can I talk with you?" He whispers quietly.

Kevin turns and nods his head, "Yeah, go ahead."

Clearing his throat, Nick speaks quietly as not to disturb Alison. "I was able to talk with Rose. We apologized and stuff. Everything's all good now. I guess I kinda lost it back there. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for all the mess. I feel horrible. Brian ran out of here pissed off and ranting and I don't even know if he'll talk to me again. Please just to patch things up, I wanted to make sure you're not upset with me. Right?" His ocean eyes downcast and troubled in a sea of torment.

Kevin smiles and pulls Nick into an embrace. "I can't be mad at you for long. It's about time you grew up and started acting more mature. I must say, I have nothin' but love. And I'm glad things are settled with your sister. Now the problem still lies ahead with Kimberly and Brian."

"Oh I talked with Kimberly. She's a bit bothered with me still but she accepted my apology. So, I'm guessing she's fine with things." Nick whispers, his eyes gazing at the small blue rug nestled between his feet.

"I'm cool with everything. Brian is a bit upset with all the arguments and such. He's just confused about a lot of things as I think we all are. But I wouldn't worry about it. You and him are best friends, he wouldn't just let that fall away, you mean a lot to him Nick." Kimberly states smiling, the soft living room light hinting at her tan complexion.

Nick nods his head and watches to see Rose and Brian enter the kitchen, whispering quietly about something. Kimberly takes a deep breathe and cranes her neck to the kitchen doorway, "Ok, I think we should all talk with Brian. He said some things that disturbed me about not being home and feeling lost. If he's depressed, now is the time to let him know he's needed."

Kevin tells the others to keep quiet and after Alison gets up from her nap that they'll all talk. "Besides, Jamelet and A.J. are on their way here already. They should be here in a minute."

"Where are they coming from?" Nick asks curiously.

Kevin sighs, "I called them about a half an hour ago when we were all arguing. I thought maybe they can help us out. They're coming from Ana's place." Kevin whispers barely audible.

"What?! They were at Ana's place without us? I can't believe it. You think they convince those two about what our deal is?" Kimberly asks as Rose and Brian seep into the room to join the others.

Kevin shrugs his shoulder and places his finger over his mouth to remind the others that someone was still sleeping. "I don't know. If anything, you guys know how hard it is to talk with that chick."

Nick smirks, "Ana always was the hardheaded one in the family." He whispers it as the others watch in awe. "What?" He asks innocently, sitting up. "Well ya know what a pain she is when we tried to talk to her about being relatives. Don't look at me like that." He states nervously, turning his head away from the prying eyes.

Rose smiles, "I hope Jamelet and A.J. got Howie and Ana. We all gotta be together. Something is pulling us to stay together and I know you all feel it too." She says softly, tugging on her flaxen locks.

Nick nods his head and sees Brian in the corner away from the others as if he felt left out. "Brian, I'm sorry for what occurred earlier today. It was stupid and the fact that I was close to losing my friendship with you was ridiculous. Now that I think about it. What the hell were we arguing about?"

Rose rolls her eyes, "Don't worry about it. It's over and I don't wanna relieve that. I'm sorry as well guys, I was acting stupid jumping to conclusions, trying to shove my ideas down all of your throats."

Brian smiles and clasps his neck with both of his hands, "Yeah cause that would be very painful. Don't ya think?"

The room was filled with chuckles and laughter as the tension diminished from once it came from.


~*~



Ana pulls off the head phones and glares at Howie, "This better be good, I was in the middle of this song I love." Her bluish green eyes taking in Howie's nervousness. "My you're a bit jittery now. What is it?"

Howie's coffee eyes soften and he kneels down, his smooth voice enveloping her and caressing her ears. "We're heading downtown for some ice cream. I'm hoping you'll come along."

Ana rolls her eyes and places the headphones back on her ears. She waves her hands away to scoot the group away, "Just bring me back the vanilla bean flavor. I don't really wanna move from here right now."

"Are you sure?" Jamelet jumps in the conversation, her light brown eyes pleading with Ana. "I think you should chill with us. Get you out of this whole mopey depression vibe you got."

"Please, pretty please?" A.J. adds in, batting his dark eyes at her.

Ana smiles and breaks into a laugh, "Ok whatever. Fine, I'll go. Man you guys are weird. I can't stand a man that begs. No, no wait. Actually I do enjoy it!" She giggles and gets up following the three out the apartment.


~*~


He drums his murky grey fingers on the table as he gazes out the window of the ice cream parlor. He sees a black Mercedes pull up to the parking lot. The man smiles and wipes a stray strand of black hair off his face. His grey eyes watch the four figures get out of the car and head towards the entrance of the shop. Smiling, the man pushes a button beneath the counter to alert the soldiers that the one the king is asking for is here.


~*~



Jamelet and A.J. start cracking up at a joke that was told as they reach the glass parlor of ice cream. Howie had succeeded in convincing Ana to come along and as they were close to Kevin's place, A.J truly had a craving to get ice cream for real. So it seems they didn't really have to lie to Ana, though Jamelet was sure Ana knew something is up. They step quietly over to the entrance, only the soft sounds of their feet upon the concrete pavement was heard. The night was a beautiful one, it seemed to remind Howie of his nights out with Ana. He longed to have those sweet nights again when his Ana was the sweet angel that would bring a smile on his face. Now he feels himself getting drawn away with her abrasive attitude towards at times. Yes, she was still Ana, but it seemed everyday, a little more of his Ana fades away, leaving the empty vessel that stood besides him.

Suddenly his thoughts are disturbed by the sudden stomping and pounding of rushing feet. Before he knew it, the four of them are surrounded by what seemed like the Darker Elitions.

"What the hell?" A.J screams out as he looks around the armed soldiers, their faces concealed behind a wool mask.

Jamelet and Howie look on in confusion when something that seemed almost human burst out of the front doors of the ice cream shop. "Excellent." The man says ecstatically. His grey eyes examining Ana, the one needed for the kingdom to advance. "At last. We have found you! For centuries you've been the subject of many kingdoms. All in search for you and your precious power you possess. Your royal blood, your position in the kingdom is of a gift the King craves for. Long live the queen. We have found you and the king will be delighted to have you in his possession."

Jamelet, A.J. and Howie gasp at the revelations of all this.

"Ana? You're a queen and you never told me?" Howie asks in shock, the pain dwelling in his voice.

Ana shakes her head in confusion, her flaxen curls lie neatly tucked in bun, "I don't know. This is all new news for me as well. I'm not a queen at least not yet."

The minion chuckles and pushes through the crowd of soldiers to reach Ana. "But you are Ana. You've been chosen among your siblings. You knew from the beginning you're not of this world. But come. Let me take you home, to your castle, to your husband. To the kingdom that is rightfully yours."

Ana screams out, her voice allured Howie and A.J., who both smile and fall on their knees in front of her. Jamelet watches the scenery in confusion as the soldiers creep closer to them. The minion covers his ears and watches as some soldiers shoot Jamelet, Howie and A.J. and grab Ana by the arms. Ana struggles and fights but somehow her military tactics weren't coming through. Fear grips her heart as she struggles and thrashes about. She's dragged away from the others. Jamelet clutches her arm which is bleeding profusely from the bullet that ripped into her delicate flesh. Her crimson blood spills onto the ground along with Howie's and A.J's. The three look on in fear as Ana is being brutally beaten and shoved into a white truck. The minion smiles and faces the three wounded ones, "We win. It's too late. The kingdom you were suppose to protect is being defeated as we speak." And with that, the man disappears into the shadows of the truck and sped off with Ana.


~*~



The king claps his hands and smiles, "Great job. I would have thought for sure you would have failed. You surprise me each time." He whispers to himself in the room. The young king stares in the glass orb watching the action and the capture of Ana. "Things are looking up. Maybe I won't kill you after all." He states to the small man in the glass orb dragging a screaming Ana into a truck.