- Text Size +
"Revelations"

~**Chapter 29- Untold Destiny**~


The hours passed by slowly in the cousin's quiet and peaceful home. Kevin and Kim had gone out back. Rose and Nick were sitting together on one of the two beds in the guest bedroom they were staying in. Two ancient books lay between them, bound by a material that seemed to be a mixture of metal and leather, one not found on earth. One was a silver-blue, the other a silver- green. On the front, were names written in a primordial Venusian language, yet both twins knew what each name was on the books. Nick knew it was time, he didn't know why, but instinct told him that they couldn't wait any longer. It was time to reveal it all, even the items they had just barely discovered. Nick exhaled softly, wishing for the peace he and Rose used to have in their lives. He also knew that it was a wish that was never to be granted. He feared for his twin and how she was going to handle what was going to inescapably come. Nick truly loved Rose, and would do anything to protect her. She looked to him, he nodded silently, for they had waited long enough. The two of them grabbed the books and placed them into Rose's backpack-purse. They entered the empty living room wordlessly, placing the purse upon the coffee table. The teen girl's gaze went to her brother fearfully, the two pairs of sapphire eyes meeting immediately. Rose's blue orbs, full of fear and anxiety, became reassured the moment they looked into Nick's, identical to her own, quietly telling her they were doing the right thing. She gulped down her troubles, praying that it would turn out okay in the end.

"Um…guys?" Rose called out shakily to Brian and Alison. The two were talking in the kitchen, but didn't hear her. She glanced at her brother and an unspoken agreement passed between them. She turned; thankful for the silent communication she had always been able to have with her other half. Rose strolled into the kitchen as Nick went to find Kevin and Kim. She approached the two cousins slowly, hoping that Alison wasn't still angry and bolt on her. Brian flashed her a loving smile, which calmed her considerably as it had many times in the past.

"Hey guys."

"Hi."

"Hey Angel," Brian replied, wrapping his arms around her waist unconsciously. It seemed so natural, so right, that Alison didn't comment on it. Rose giggled softly, unwillingly pulling herself out of Brian's gentle embrace.

"Um…we need to talk."

"What for?" Alison snapped.

Rose groaned, her eyes downcast, swirling with worries meant for someone ten times her age.

"Nick and I need to explain something, it's really important you guys know. He's getting Kevin and Kim right now."

Brian's gaze searched her face for clues, his cerulean eyes filled with concern. He once again felt the uncontrollable urge to embrace and cuddle his golden haired angel before him, telling her everything would be alright and chasing away the troubles now embedded in her loving face.

All he said was, "Rose, you alright?"

"Yes, but we need to talk in the living room." She stated, seeing Nick walk in there with their two friends behind him. The three of them then came into the living room. The cousins all sitting on the leather couch, with the identical siblings standing in front of them.

"Rain, Ice, what's this all about??" Kevin queried. His emerald eyes focused intently on the young adults in front of them.

Rose and Nick sighed, running their hands through their golden locks simultaneously. It was that simple action, the rest knew that whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

"Come on you guys," Kim urged softly, "you know you can tell us anything."

Rose reached into the purse, pulling out the two metallic leather bound books, and handing the silver-green one to her brother. She swallowed hard, scared of what they were about to reveal.

"Okay, we have much to tell. Most of which you will find hard to believe. But like Rose and I, you will know deep down to be true. First of all…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jamelet rolled her eyes, sitting in the police station. She spoke softly, her anger evident as she explained what happened in the ice cream parlor once again. Her brown stands toppled gracefully down her back.

"I swear!! We were surrounded by Darker-Elitions who claimed Anastacia Grace Lord was their lost princess. They shot at us obviously and ran off kidnapping her."

The young officer, no older than twenty-three, stared at her in disbelief. His hazel eyes bore into hers, his shaggy sandy brown hair falling about his face.

"I'm sorry Ms. Sanchez but yours and your friends' story is a little thin. I can give you several reasons why I don't buy it."

"But it's true!" she shot up out of her chair in rage, "Does it LOOK like I'm lying? Hook me up to a freaking lie detector then!"

The officer threw his hands up in the air in frustration. He just hoped his partners weren't having the same problem with her two friends who had been taken to separate rooms for questioning like Jamelet.

"Fine, I'll search for this girl for ya. We'll have our best people on it since this involves the Elitions. He opened the door, exiting the room and walking into the hallway along side her. "I promise we will let you know once we find something."

A ghost of a smile appeared on Jamelet's face, "Thank you. You have no idea how important this is, so thank you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The cousins stewed over what the twins had told them. Memories came rushing back, everything finally beginning to make sense again. Kevin and Kim saw the siblings in a new light. Both felt a newfound respect for them. Neither pictured the egotistical "terrible twins" they used to know on Venus, growing up and rising up to the challenge they had to face.

"So these are your Aunt's diaries?" Alison questioned, "cause we've never had powers, even on Venus."

"This one is," Nick answered, holding up the green one, "But the one Rose has is our fathers." He pointed to the blue one in Rose's hands.

"They're written in Viniption," but we still remember how to read it." Rose added quietly, " he wrote of our powers, and how we are linked to one other person. How two people are one instead of two. What ever happens to one-"

"-Happens to the other." Kim finished in awe.

"So that explains you and Rose. The ankles, the gunshot. Rose wasn't shot but you were so Rose got wounded as well." Brian stated, finally understanding the unexplainable events that kept revolving around the two Carters.

"Our powers go together as well. Some are elements and others are based off of traits. Rose's is an element: Ice, mine being linked to hers, is water." Nick explained.

"Oh my God," Kevin breathed, " but why us?"

Rose tugged at her hair nervously. "There's one more thing we need to show you." they pulled out a paper covered with a silver sheen. In a dark metallic blue script was the prophecy that told them of their inevitable destiny.

*"A fighting galaxy may know redemption,

For there shall rise the Gods' chosen ten.

Two of guidance and strongest of elements :Ice and Water, to lead the way.

Two of serenity, elements: Wind and Air, to keep the necessary peace.

Two of wisdom, elements: Fire and Heat, for balance & keep the leaders at bay.

Two of strength, with the traits: Courage and Doubt, to fight the ancient war.

Two of humanity, and strongest of the traits: Love and Suspicion. Love for: compassion and mercy. Suspicion: to balance love's mighty power.

BEWARE: for suspicion is a hateful and untrustworthy trait and can turn easily, destroying the one of love.

Only these ten can save the future. If not, then may the end be quick, for evil will conquer us all."*