- Text Size +
Revelations"



**~Chapter Thirty-One- Initiation Begins~**

A.J. swings the apartment door open and Jamelet and Howie enter it. Howie throws himself on the plush sofa and closes his eyes quickly. A.J smiles gently and turns the hallway light on. He winks at Jamelet and shrugs his head over to Howie's direction.

Jamelet turns to see the poor man resting, sleeping soundly the minute he landed on the sofa. "More tired that he thought." Jamelet whispers, her dark brown locks tied in a ponytail.

Jamelet quickly rushes over to the bedroom as A.J. flings his jacket on a wooden stool nearby the kitchen counter. Howie leans his head on the sofa slumping back hoping to fall into some form of sleep.

Jamelet goes into the kitchen and settles down on a stool in the kitchen, pulling out her cell. She picks up her cell phone and calls Kevin's house, hoping to find him and the others. After a few rings Jamelet hangs up frustrated, "Ah, they're not picking up!" She says aggravated, slamming the mobile phone down the silver counter.

A.J. pulls a stool up next to her and rubs her back, "Don't stress out. I think we're all in need of some sleep. And Howie beat us to it."

Jamelet giggles and shakes her head softly, "I'll get Howie a blanket. I feel so bad for him. I don't know what to do about him and Ana."

A.J. sighs and shakes his head, "There's nothing we can do. Man is it just me are do I feel a bit cold?" He asks rubbing his arms for warmth.

Jamelet comes out of the bedroom with a thick folded up quilt in her arms, "Maybe it's just you. No wait, I think the windows open. It's freezing here."

A.J. gets up from the stool and goes to find any windows that could be open. Jamelet walks over to Howie and drapes the quilt over his sleeping body. "Duerme bien (Sleep well) D." And she reaches over to turn off the lamp light. Leaving Howie in the dark to get some sleep.

She reaches the kitchen to see A.J. staring around in confusion. "Alex, am I missing something? Did you turn on the heat?"

A.J. nods his head, "Yeah, it's on, it's warm in here yet we both feel cold. What about Howie? Is he warm?"

Jamelet nods her head in surprise, "That's right, yeah. He's good. But why the heck are we freezing over here?"

A.J. smiles, "Hey I have an idea." He grins mischievously walking over to Jamelet.

Jamelet laughs out loud covering her mouth so she won't wake up Howie who's in slumber. "Behave boy, I don't have time for this." She states in between giggles.

A.J. stands up straight like an officer and salutes the woman in front of him, "Yes, ma'am. I'll be good. Actually I was thinking since we have the whole fire power, why not use it to our advantage girl?"

Jamelet in laughter collapses into a stool as A.J. lifts his hands and points to her, beckoning her to come to him. Jamelet sits in the stool shaking her head, "Stop it." She states happily, her coffee eyes twinkling in delight.

Suddenly a tiny flicker of flame dances on A.J.'s fingers playfully. "This'll warm us up right."

Jamelet smirks, "I have something better." And she reaches out, pulling him closer to her, suddenly he breaks out in a sweat as his temperature rose.

"Damn woman, What did you do to me?" A.J. smirks forgetting the small flames that were dancing on his hands.

The small flames begin burning the curtains behind Jamelet as the couple joke around not noticing the fire that started. The flames begin eating away at the walls as it climbs to the walls spreading rapidly.

A.J. lets out a profanity and runs to grab a cup of water. Jamelet stands up and backs away from the flames that have emancipated the walls. "See this is what you get for acting like pyro!" Jamelet shrieks quietly, as A.J. splashes the fire with water dissipating it, the smell of smoke lingers in the kitchen.

Howie enters the kitchen smelling the air, still sleepy eyed he sniffs the smoke, "You let A.J. cook again?"

Jamelet and A.J. gaze at each other before bursting out in laughter as Howie stands there in confusion.


~*~



Kevin drives the highway, passing the ice cream parlor where Ana was taken. Kimberly sticks her hand out the window and feels the cold wind brush her light tan skin.

The two twins in the backseat were fast asleep in the back of the van as Brian and Alison stare out the window quietly memorized by the moonlight.

"You guys are quiet back there." Kevin states while concentrating on the road ahead of him.

Brian whispers, "What does the blue aura mean on a person?"

Kevin narrows his eyes, "What? What are you talking about?"

Brian whispers so quietly that Kimberly had to lean in the back to hear right, "I see light around people. Color lights, like an aura or something."

Kimberly shrugs her shoulders, "Rok, I don't know what that means. Why? Do you see that with us?"

Brian smiles and stares at Kimberly and Kevin, "No, I just see white and pink. Like purity, love."

Kevin snaps his head back to see Brian and smile, "Maybe that can help us. Listen I've been calling Howie's place and no one is there. I think there's trouble. They would have made it my place long ago but something must have happened."

Kimberly sighs and leans back on the leather passenger seat of the trailblazer, "Maybe A.J. will answer the phone. Did you call?"

"They won't pick up." Alison answers, her chocolate eyes dwell with worry. She passes her snowy fingers through her brown tresses.

Kimberly mumbles and slumps back on the seat, closing her eyes. Suddenly she sees herself in a red carpeted hallway with Nick falling on his knees before her. "Save me! They're coming for me! I don't know how to control the powers. My life is on the line, please!" His sapphire eyes shining with the twinge of fear as he passes his fingers through his blonde spikes.

Kimberly looks around to see Rose running down the hallway stopping in front of Kimberly as she crumples on the floor. She looks up pleading with Kimberly to ease their discomfort.

"How? What do you what me to do?" Kimberly asks nervously, she wanted to calm her friends down but she didn't have a clue as what to do for them.

Rose's honeydew locks lie over her shoulders as she wraps her small arms around Kimberly's leg.

Kimberly stands there shaking not knowing what to do, she places her hands over Rose's head, giving Rose sweet thoughts of a beach and love. Anything beautiful that can comfort Rose in anyway. Rose smiles and releases her grasp, "Thank you. Thank you!"

Rose lets Kimberly go and she walks away down the hallway smiling. Nick watches in fascination and pleads for the same. Kimberly still confused about all that is just happening, places her sweaty palm over Nick's forehead. "I don't know what I did to her, but if I can help you out in anyway, I'll try."

Nick smiles as peaceful images clouded his hurtful thoughts. Nick stands up and hugs Kimberly, "Thanks. I can sleep better now. They can't hurt me here anymore." And he runs down the red carpeted hallway after his sibling.

Kimberly suddenly snaps open her eyes and stares around the van, to see Kevin bobbing his head to some jazz music from the radio. He keeps his eyes on the road as Kimberly searches her eyes to see the twins now smiling in their sleep. Kimberly feels a grin fanning her face as she settles back in the seat. Somehow, she felt comforted to know she was able to understand and reach the twins in their turmoil in a different way. And she was glad she was able to help out.


~*~



She stares around the darken room as she feels the running of the soldiers breaking into her room. She hears the soldiers shuffling in the dark ready to grab her. She blindly walks around as fear etches its way up to her spine. Her hand touches her golden tiara that is on her golden locks. She takes it off and places it in a velvet ruby box for safe keeping. "It is time." Queen Jane whispers as the soldiers grab her and she feels an iron poke prodding her abdomen. One of the soldiers divert the Queen's eyes to a small flicker of flame that came from on the soldier's lighter.

"Queen, isn't this sad how this has to end? We received orders from King Ashton to bring your body alive to the new queen. We have found her and the king advises for your presence so we can take one last look at your pitiful self." A soldier states, raising his rifle up to the Queen's face.

The Queen closes her blue eyes as her final days have approached. She feels her arms being pulled out of the castle as her body is getting dragged away. She'll know she'll see Ana soon and it broke her heart to know the lies that the King used to fill her mind with and now she will die in the hands of her own daughter. Queen Jane stares up at the many silver moons in the darken black sky as her cries are heard out by the soldiers. She knew tonight will be the last day she'll see those bright discs and she prayed to God that her children will be ready for the rough battle that lies ahead.