- Text Size +
“Revelations”



~**Chapter 32: Endless Fears and Betrayal



In the back of the van, Rose and Nick tossed and turned fitfully in their sleep. Horrifying dreams tortured their innocent souls. Each dream was separate but soon the twins’ dreams became one and were shared. This was due to their natural twin bond as well as their prophetic connection.



Rose’s dream:



*She was strolling through the red velvet halls silently. Rose then realized she was back home in the Carter Castle on Venus. Her sun-colored curls were lying gracefully upon her shoulders, a silver tiara glittering on her head. Rose looks about guardedly for her twin, knowing one way or another that he was here too. She didn’t see him but found her sister, Ana. She wore a foreign circlet atop her honeydew locks, the sinister symbol a black bleeding heart with a sword going through it from the top, and was illuminated in the light eerily.



“Oh thank the Gods.” She breathed, using an old Venusian expression. “I thought I was alone. Ana, do you know where-” she stops, scared as the rings of green within Anastacia’s usually peaceful orbs began to glow.



“What are you doing?” Rose cried.



Suddenly her friends appeared. Their bodies distorted, they were decaying and pierced through with icicles numerous times. Jamelet, AJ, Brian, Kevin, Alison, Kim, and even her brother began coming towards ther, dragging their limbs along and leaving a trail of blood across the floor. All were dead or dying because of her gruesome ice power.



“Monster!” Nick shrieked, with him and all of her dead friends pointing at her angrily.



“Evil! Murderer!” Brian screeched, “You are the one who did this to us!”



“NO! NO! NO!” Rose cried as Ana laughed at her in the background. Her biggest fear had now come to be. Her nightmares now reality. The knowledge that she had killed many innocent people never left her and ate at her each day. She was always afraid that she would one day do it again, frightened terribly that it might be the ones closest to her next. She screamed in pure agony and ran off into the darkness.*



Nick’s Dream:



*Nick walked about his home curiously, wondering what the hell he was doing back there. He went through the grand hallways, looking for his baby sister who he knew was there somewhere. He reached up to scratch his head and felt the silver crown up there amazed, he thought he lost it when he was frozen for a thousand years. Before he could take it off and examine it, he came up to his parents’ suite and heard voices yelling faintly on the other side of the grand silver double doors. Intrigued, he opened the doors to see his mother, father and to his surprise, his Aunt Jane. He hid behind the door not wanting to interrupt the heated argument between them. It was not in English, but in Viniption, yet he still remembered how to speak it, which amazed him. He grinned when he saw a younger him and Rose at age five hiding behind the other door, eavesdropping together, little silver crowns atop their heads.



“NO! I DON’T CARE!” his mother shouted at Jane.



“Renette, you must understand. The Elitions are destroying world after world in search of their lost princess. You are putting our world in danger and may be instigating a cataclysmic war!”



“NO.” his father spoke up angrily, “NOTHING shall put little Anastacia in their dangerous hands again. NEVER.”



“The future of the entire universe is at stake here!”



“And you know this how?” Renette Carter asked.



Jane sighed, “You know the prophecy the Littrells found hidden deeply within their estates recently?”



“What does that have to do with this?” his father pursued.



“Everything Robert. I have just discovered that your twin children are two of the chosen ten.”



“That can’t be true.” Robert Carter breathed.



“Oh no? When Nick and Rose were two, half the house ended up either frozen or soaking wet after they were taken out of their cribs to play and walk around, remember? We couldn’t explain it then and ignored it, but I can explain it now. The prophecy says: ‘Two of guidance and strongest of elements: Ice and Water, to lead the way.’ Ice and Water! They’re the strongest of the elements because they are linked the strongest! Who has a stronger bond than a set of twins? Who better to lead than a future king and queen?”



Nick couldn’t bear to hear anymore so he turned and ran. Tears spilling down his face. He remembered this now. He and Rose had never understood this then so they soon blocked it out of their minds and the memory was out of their reach from then on.



‘They knew! They never even told us!’ he thought, ‘how could they do that? Is Ana even our sister? From what I remember I think she was the stolen baby the Elitions started the war for! Because of mom and dad a needless war ruined our lives! All because they stole a baby for Goddess knows why! Why are you doing this to me Gods and Goddesses? Why?’ he ran through the halls, not really caring about Ana when he passed her as she was laughing evilly in the halls while he tried to sort out these troubling thoughts.*



The Twins’ Dream:



*Nick stopped running, only pausing to catch his breath. He was far away from the suite but he had no idea where he was anymore. It puzzled him; he was in HIS hone, so why was he lost?



Rose came running up, looking back and expecting to see her horrifically frozen loved ones. She only sees the regular crimson corridors though and ends up running into her brother, who to her relief was alive and well. Nick looks at her strangely, wondering what made her so upset and grateful at the same time.



“Oh Ice!” she cried, hugging her twin tightly. Tears dropping from her eyes, streaming down her pale face and onto Nick’s shoulder. She buried her face there; enjoying the comfort her sibling gave her as he stroked her hair, murmuring that it would be alright. Nick pushed his own troubles aside. From what he got from the words jumbled inside her crying, she went through a lot and he was going to be there for her. He hears a loud popping noise and gazes upward at the hallways only to see his greatest fear realized. Darker-Elitions were heading straight towards them and they didn’t look happy.



“Rain,” he regretfully separated himself from her, “You know I am here for you but right now I think we have bigger problems to deal with.” He motions at the area behind her, his voice quivering in terror.



Rose turns around, bullets coming at them and missing them miraculously. She screamed in fright about the Darker-Elitions. Swords flying through the air and landing all around them as they turned around and ran blindly through the dark halls. Ana's laughter can be heard from all around them now. The two teens soon became lost, turning and going every which way. They had no clue of where they were going and the Elitions were beginning to close in on them.



“Rose I hate to say it but you’ll have to use your ice power! I don’t know how to use mine yet!”



“I can’t! I don’t know how to control it! If I use it, I’ll end up killing you too!”



“We will have to take that risk! I don’t think we have a choice!”



“NO!”



“We can’t last much longer!”



“No!”



They see Kim standing in a walkway, confused. Nick runs towards her as Rose veers off in another direction, not seeing her and in an attempt to confuse the Elitions. He goes up to Kim and falls to his knees before her, pleading for salvation. Somehow, someway, he knew she could help them. Rose soon comes running to her from another direction, crumpling to the floor. Kim’s powers could save them, she just knew it.



“Please save us.” Rose whimpers so quietly that only Nick could hear her as she wraps her small arms around Kim’s leg.



Soon pleasant thoughts and memories begin entering her head. She stands up, happy that the torture is finally gone. Rose glances about, seeing that the Darker-Elitions are finally gone. The young girl walks away, thanking Kimberly immensely and knowing her brother would soon follow.*



Both twins awake suddenly with smiles on their faces from the sweet thoughts Kim had placed in their heads. Their sapphire eyes skipped about, startled, realizing that they were still in the van driving somewhere. Rose’s and Nick’s hands both fly up to the tops of their heads to reassure themselves that it was all just a dream. Each sibling pulls off of their heads a tiara or a crown in pure horror.



They each shone with diamonds and Rose Quartz crystals all throughout them. In the front was the Venusian symbol, same as the tattoo on Rose’s and Nick’s left wrists. The navy blue ring was made up of sapphires, inside a ruby heart with two silver swords crossing through it under two amber moons. On the front of the heart on Rose’s tiara was an ‘R’ made up of an ice like gem not found on earth and had the same icy coldness. On the front of the heart on Nick’s crown was an ‘N’ made up of an unearthly water like gem with the water like waves continually moving through the stone.



Both pairs of identical eyes meet in shock. These are the same ones they once had in their former lives. Rose and Nick knew what had happened in the other’s dream before they both connected without asking each other. Sadly Rose and Nick knew some of it had to have been done by Ana. They knew she has a motive and what her powers are, so each of them having gone through their greatest fear was no coincidence.



“This is kinda like when we discovered who we really are.” Rose whispered, meaning how they got the tiaras and Nick’s seeing the old memory. “But what does that mean though?”



“I think we have a power because of our being twins or being Venusian, because this was never mentioned in the prophecy.”



“I know. But that would mean…”



Nick nodded.



“Oh you guys are awake,” Brian said to them happily, “So-”



“We know why Jam and the rest never showed up.” Rose blurted.



“Yeah, and we think the two of us share another power.” Nick added as he and his sister hold up the crown and tiara.



“Why…” Kevin questions cautiously.



“Ana has just betrayed us all, and we finally know why.” The twins say together and begin to sob.