- Text Size +
“Revelations”



~**Chapter Thirty-five: Skin Deep



Rose lays her head upon Nick’s shoulder, both being emotionally drained and exhausted. She sat between him and Brian on the couch in Jamelet's and AJ’s living room. She hides her face there as well as her tears while her twin wipes them away affectionately. Rose couldn’t let the others see. She had to be strong. They both had to be actually. Nick strokes her soft blonde tresses soothingly, knowing just how to calm her as always. They had the tightest bond, making them the most powerful and meant to lead. Both of them know this and abhor the fact. No one in the group knows how hard it is for them to say the things and make the decisions that nobody else wants to hear or act upon. In their minds, Howie was wrong. Nick knew it couldn’t be true. All they were trying to do was perform the duties and rise up to the roles they are meant to fulfill. If the rest of them hate them for that, so be it. It was time to take control of their current situation. Nick and his sister once again stand before their friends, grabbing their attention.



“Alright, Ana has now proven what Nick and I have been trying to say these past few hours. Now, we must untie as one, and fight back! To do so we WILL develop and learn to control our powers. However, there is…one…minor…problem…”



“What’s that Angel?” Brian asks, gazing at her tenderly, his cerulean eyes sparkling.



Nick sighs, running his hands through his spiked golden locks.



“We forget that Howie and Ana are forever linked, which of course means that if we annihilate Ana…”



“We annihilate Howie as well.” Rose finishes for him softly in a dry, emotionless tone. Neither twin seemed to care anymore about anything. Jamelet holds in her ever-rising anger. They had once wanted Ana to come back and to love them again so desperately before, now they could care less, they even wanted to kill her now. It broke Jamelet’s heart. Both were beginning to remind her more and more of the fourteen-year-old twin brats she had had to put up with back when they lived on Venus.



“Either way,” Rose continues, “The Gods and Goddesses have given us these powers for a reason. They were a gift. Their sole purpose being the prophecy. We need them to use as a line of defense. The Elitions will be after us soon enough. Actually, they’re after Nick and I more than they’re after the rest of you. Consider yourselves lucky in that respect.”



“Why’s that? Alison replies dryly.



“We are the ones that are truly meant to rule. Aunt Jane was only holding the throne for us until we were old enough to rule. Now that she is gone…it would be easier for them to completely conquer Venus if we are gone as well. We’re completely in their way. We’re part of the chosen ten, so there's another reason. Also, they’re out for blood now, especially Ana. She loathes Nick and I more than ever because of the truth of her origin. Since the kidnapping was an attempt to eliminate her family, she would love to wipe out the Carters of Venus for Nick and I are all that is left of the Carter line. The Elitions have murdered the rest of our family throughout these past thousand years. To kill us and stamp out the last of the Carters would be poetic justice for her in a sickening way.”



The room was still for a few moments. No one argued with the twins, because they knew that for once they were right. The twins were the ones in the most danger out of anyone there and all six of them knew it.



“You know who’s which trait or element right?” Kim questions, tossing her long brunette stands over her shoulders, the natural red highlights gleaming in the light.



“The queen, or mine and Rain’s Aunt Jane conducted thorough research studies involving the prophecy since the two of us were five. In her journals she included all the information that she could about this since neither of our parents believed her and they wouldn’t let her tell any of your guys’ parents until after they had passed. In fact, that was their biggest argument, although then we didn’t know what it meant, now we do. Aunt Jane knew that this day would come eventually and had planned for it the only way she could. She planned on giving the journals to us that night it began for guidance and knowledge, had we not have been frozen in Kevin’s machine. She did everything she could to prepare for this. “



“So we now know what everyone is and what they possess. I am Ice, Nick is Water. AJ, you are Fire and Jamelet is Heat. Mine and Nick’s purpose is to lead this mission with you two to advice us. Brian is Air, and you Alison, are Wind. They are the ones who bring harmony to the group and are the peacemakers so we don’t split apart surprisingly enough. Kevin is Courage with Kimberly as Doubt. They are the backbones of the group, the ones who will become our strength and will. Finally, Howie is Love, to have mercy and compassion throughout the battle for our enemies, with Ana being Suspicion for a necessary balance since both traits are powerful.”



“What kind of powers do we have then?” Jamelet pursues, sensing something off about the twins. Instinct told her that there was something that wasn’t being told to them, and she was determined to find out what.



“Okay, Water, Ice, Wind, and Fire, are where that person has complete control of that element and anything it might involve. We already know Ana's powers, so we’ll start with Kevin. Kevin, you are Courage, a trait of pure life. This makes it so you have superhuman strength, and control of anything with lightening/electricity. Kim, Doubt is a trait that can take away your will, so you have powers related to that. Therefore, you can drain the strength out of any living thing, control anyone’s mind, and enter dreams and can control them, what I’d like to call dreamwalking. Brian, Air is an element more of spirit than anything else. You have invisibility, teleportation, flight, and you can see auras around people, which tells you exactly what a person is truly feeling and the kind of person they are for auras can never lie. Jamelet, Heat is part of fire, but with more control. You have the power to control body heat, can cause spontaneous combustion in anything, have heat vision, and have the ability to turn into smoke. Howie is Love, which is the most sensitive and understanding of all traits, giving him shapeshifting, mind reading, and telekinesis.” Nick explains.



The room becomes quiet once again. Each person was toiling over the surreal information that had just been told. All of them trying to grasp on to the horrible fact that this was real, and not a dream.



“The point of this is to stop this once and for all! We need to get rid of Ana! Stop the plague before it spreads and slays more innocent lives needlessly! We need to finish this all NOW!” Rose growls.



“What about Howie? We'd be unfairly killing him for Anastacia’s crimes. And Ana is our friend, shouldn’t we give her one last chance? There has to be another way.” Alison points out, her childlike face filled with passion, glaring at the two Carters. Enraged that they are ignoring the obvious fact that they will be killing Howie if they decided to go through with this.



“He’s bound to turn. Even so, one person dying for our cause compared to millions may just be the price we have to pay to give our home salvation. Hmmmmm…Howie or the entire galaxy? C’mon, it’s time to your priorities straight! Rose and I-”



Brian wraps his arm around Alison supportively, not believing that his angel was being so callous. “Rose, you know I love you, but there has to be a way around this!”



“Oh so you’re against me too now? So much for my fiancé’s support! Or did you forget about that?”



“No I did not forget. Gods and Goddesses know I still love you with all my heart and I DO want to marry you Angel, but that has nothing to do with this!”



“Man, Brian I thought you were my best friend. You know what? Whatever, Rose and I are fine without you. But I still believe that getting rid of Ana is our only option.”



“WHAT! We’ve known Howie and Ana for years. They're good people deep down and you both know that, no matter what you think now! They’re our best friends. They raised you and were an older brother and sister to you two all of your lives! We’ve all known each other since we were all in damn diapers. The ten of us grew up together. How can you two of all people be so distant and malicious about their fates? Did you forget of all the things they’ve done for you?”



The identical siblings look at each other knowingly. Both were shocked at how everyone has turned against them and were annoyed at AJ’s outburst.



“Howie's’ right you haven’t changed at all have you? You’re still the “TERRIBLE TWINS” we all knew and detested on Venus. The ones whose egos still need to be in check. The egos that are forever huge, making you bitter and uncaring. I question your motives as to why you’re doing this. But either way, we are NOT your slaves and neither of you are ruling Venus yet ya know!” AJ bellows at them furiously, his usually playful tan eyes blazing with frustration with their ruthlessness on Howie's and Ana's futures.



Rose sneers; beginning to resemble a person nobody wanted her to become then, her adoptive older sister. “I don’t know how you can possibly even think that. First of all, we ARE in charge, get used to it. Second, Ice and I just saw Ana, our second mother in a sense, mutilate the last bit of family Nick and I had left! Then to top it all off, she drinks her blood as a sick betrayal and pledge to our enemies! Thus, proving what we wanted to deny the most! Third, she tortures my brother and I in our dreams, controlling greatest fears! Fourth, I’m beginning to think she can make us travel through time with her even when we’re apart, which would explain our old crown and tiara Nick and I now possess once again, but if true has disastrous possibilities! We can never escape not even in our sleep! Do you have any idea what that is like for us? I believe that we have every damn reason to discard any and every though on Anastacia’s safety! So excuse me for not being more freaking considerate!” She screams, her face now a crimson red.



AJ turns away, stopping himself from saying something he knows he’ll regret. Jamelet comes up to him and places her hands on his shoulders, leading him away into the kitchen so he can calm down. Jamelet opens her mouth to lecture the twins, but closes it again quickly, realizing that it wouldn’t do a bit of good. Kevin walks up to Nick and Rose, despite Kim’s protests that it would only cause more conflict. Brian and Alison remain quiet still, not quite sure on how to stop the fighting. Kevin ignores his cousin, thinking that the twins truly needed to be put in their place. He towers over them, his emerald eyes fiery with rage.



“Get this through you thick, blonde, little heads, we are NOT killing any of our own!”



Nick and Rose step up to the older man. Nick takes another step closer, placing his face inches away from Kevin's. “Oh yes,” he spits out viciously, rolling his ocean blue eyes sarcastically. “Let’s follow that great rule. In fact, let’s do it the same way the Darker-Elitions did. How honest and respectful. Do you remember? Do you remember how both your parents and Kim's parents died? Do you? Let me refresh your memory. They were the official diplomats of the Venusians and the Darker-Elitions. We had been having many conflicts at the time, and they were trying to form a peace agreement between the two worlds. King Aston then brutally murders them for it because they thought they had conspired in Ana's kidnapping along with our parents. They didn’t even know of my dad’s plan. Only the Carters had been involved with that. Yet both of your guys’ parents were murdered in the missing princess’ honor. Do you remember now?”



“You two have changed so much, you look sweet but are rotten to the core now.” Kim whispers in disgust “You’ve both gone mad with power. You didn’t used to be this way. How can you be so cruel?” Tears well up in her eyes at the memory the twins had mentioned as she turns away and is held in Kevin’s loving embrace.



“Anastacia is with the Elitions willingly now.” Rose states coldly, “That tape her father sent proves it. She IS the enemy. She is loyal to them in life and will be loyal to them in death. She is destined to be the one who shall cause chaos and destruction wherever her path leads her. Nick and I ARE going after her. If you choose to not come, then we will go alone. Otherwise she shall be the one who will cause the obliteration of our entire galaxy.”



“So…”Nick begins, grabbing his sisters hand supportively. The twins stand before them, untied as one, their sapphire eyes stony and unforgiving. “Are you IN? Or are you OUT?”