- Text Size +
"Revelations"



~Chapter thirty-seven: Disturbing News

The Elitions soldiers march in a circle around the station, the sounds of gun popping fills the night atmosphere. King Ashton stares out the window and walks to the marble balcony in-taking a gulp of fresh crisp air. "Ammm, how sweet the sound of victory my princess." He whispers to Ana who is leaning on the threshold staring outside into the dazzling stars that lied scattered across the velvet black sky.

Ana's honeysuckle locks lie in messy bun as she stands tall, as the black leather outfit hugged her body. Her sapphire emerald orbs stare at her prince, "Something's not right. That man, I know him. He…"

"He is our enemy! Do you hear me? He wanted nothing but to see you and this kingdom destroyed. We cannot let them live. You have a soft heart, I would have thought for sure you've would have destroyed them, but nevertheless, whatever will bring peace to you my love." King Ashton states, his dark eyes eating up Ana's curves.

Ana feeling uncomfortable, sighs. King Ashton places his arms around Ana's shoulders and smiles before leaving the balcony. He steps into the threshold and whispers, "I'm going to check up on our little slaves. I'm sure they're scared out of their minds." Ashton whispers into her ears and placing a gentle kiss upon her forehead before walking away.

Ana sighs defeated and walks slowly towards the balcony. Placing her snowy hands on the beige gritty cold rail, she leans her head over the balcony scanning the soldiers below her. Over one hundred soldiers filters around the station they're in and shoots practice targets at wooden bull eyes set up at ground level. Ana sees woman too familiar in her memories but she couldn't identify from where she seen the woman before. Then it clicked to her, that woman parading around with soldiers carried identical features to Howie. "Could it be? But how is that possible? Howie's mother?!" Ana whispers loudly, trying to conceive of such a notion. She recalls the times in her younger years when Howie would get dropped off and make a visit to see Ana. His mother always came to see how everything was. She was a sweet woman, her dark sweet eyes filled with the care and love as she would talk about how much her son always talked her ear off about Ana. She had a close relationship to this woman and she recalled those peaceful nights when she would secretly talk to her about a possible betrothal with Howie. This wasn't just a vision, this was a part of her life: Howie. She knew now for certain that she belonged to him, not to Ashton. But after that devastating argument with Howie and Jamelet's capture, she didn't think Howie would feel the same for her. She wanted to see his smiling face again. At this Ana feels a smile crawl on her face then she frowns, that was her past. Not the present. She belongs to the Dark Elitions and that's the end of the story.

Suddenly an emergency alarm went off, sounding off its shrill resonance throughout the field and castle where they're in. Ana could hear King Ashton and her father's voice yells out orders to the marching soldiers. Ana takes a deep breath and runs down the crimson carpeted hallway to see the king and her father gathering arsenal for the incoming intruders. She watches the king lifts up his sword, the dark Elition symbol emblazed on the handle as he swings it and runs out the castle door with her father behind. Ana knew something went terribly wrong, 'Who could have set off the alarm?' She plagues the question over her head as she runs out the castle to see four familiar figures or rather their apparitions seep into the black night. Her eyes try to identify the figures but the commotion that had erupted made her lose focus and she lost the shadows in the dark.

The king's laughter fills her ears as he cheers and pats the shoulders of nearby soldiers believing all their troubles had vanished. Ana squints her eyes again to the empty dark spot where the shadows disappeared to. Whoever it was, must have had a good reason to march in the middle of the Dark Elitions training grounds. She runs her hands down her black pants and her leather tank top, trying to understand who it could have been that entered the field.


~*~



They gasp as they share the same exact memories of what Venus must look like at this moment.They see in their visions: the destroyed planet. The land was dry and cracked, nothing like their memories had implanted. The dead brown grass lies withered under the soldiers boots. The beautiful flowers and plants that grew within the ground were pulled out, its dead roots tarnished and stomped on as the soldiers run back and forth preparing for the incoming strangers to come back. The peaceful dark green ocean turned a murky blue as ships and missiles floated on top of it, damaging the beauty it once retained. The old Venus they had recalled no longer existed, only the tattered remains of what once was the glory of the solar system stands before them. The memories only lasted a few seconds as they stare around the warzone their in at the moment.

"THAT'S HER! See I was right!! You didn't think it was possible but she turned on us. She didn't even stop the soldiers when they coming for us. She stood there watching us quietly like she didn't have a care in the world!" Nick shouts as Ana's betraying struck him hard.

A.J. glares at the castle from where they were hiding and shakes his head, "I can't believe she would do this. Howie and Jamelet are in there! We got to get them and get the hell out of here!"

"But also stop the king along with Ana!" Rose whispers violently, her blonde locks tied up in a braided bun.

"Wait, hold up. Isn't that Howie's mom?" Kevin narrows his eyes trying to see the older woman caught in a grip between two soldiers.

"Yeah! Why is she there? Man she must have gotten caught! I gotta tell Howie but how? He's caught inside there." A.J. says quietly.

Nick growls and stares at the castle, "If I can remember anything, this is one thing I know. If they're caught, they'll be somwhere in the basement downstairs around the back of the castle. It means we gotta go around and get to them."

"We have to warn Howie, he has the right to know what his mom is in." Rose whispers.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You saw how he flipped when he found out about Ana! If you tell him about his mom, he'll totally lose it!" A.J. whispers anxiously.

Kevin sighs, "We'll try again later. Now is not the best time, we'll need to rejuvenate our powers before we can strike again. This time we'll come when they least expect it."

The others nods and slowly walk away, keeping low to the ground, the dark night hiding them for being revealed to the soldiers. A.J. sighs and turns around to look at the castle and sighs, knowing somewhere in that wretched castle his close friend and his girlfriend were being tortured. "Forgive me angel. I'll get you out soon, I promise." He whispers as he trudges behind Kevin following a dirt path leading away from the castle.