- Text Size +
“Revelations”



~**Chapter Forty-One: The Beginning Of The End…





Rose paces about her cell impatiently. Her sun-kissed locks getting tied back into a ponytail by her small hands that don’t know what else to do. Her big ocean eyes are fiery with rage and frustration. So many events are running through her already confused mind. So many emotions conflicting within her already aching heart. She can’t grasp on to the fact that two of her life-long best friends; Kevin and Kimberly had been killed only a few hours before. Not just died, but murdered by the girl she had known most of her life as her older sister. It had taken Nick and her awhile to realize that however because of the mental torture Ana had put them through while it happened. The fires of vengeance blaze strongly within Rose. She yearns to go and help AJ. She wants to help. She needs to fight. Not to stay and wait for news. Not to stay and have her fiancé and her twin brother protect her as if she was a fragile piece of glass that can shatter at the slightest movement or touch.



Brian gazes at Rose helplessly. He doesn’t say anything for he doesn’t have the strength to argue with her about she was going stay here. He watches the twins’ auras, carefully picking apart the colors each emotion is. He smirks. Each person’s aura is a unique color, and then when that person feels an emotion, a new color enters it. He had learned quickly that each aura’ color is symbolic to that person’s personality.



Nick’s is a pale green, which is for his gentle and peaceful soul. Murky yellow, ruby, black, and a dark sapphire are going into it, meaning he’s feeling fear, hate, vengeance, and aggression. Yet, lavender, white, and a bright pink are there as well, which are confusion, loneliness, and love.



Ali’s is a pastel pink, for her purity, innocence, and youth. It’s surrounded by a tranquil blue for the peace she has since she’s still resting in the makeshift bed behind Brian’s.



Kevin’s was navy blue, Kim’s amber, before Brian watched them flicker out and die as Ana murdered them…Brian chokes down a sob. He briefly glances at his own glowing orange one, not bother with his own colorful emotions that are invading it. He turns and concentrates on his Angel’s aura again.



Rose’s is neon blue, which Brian knows is for her fiery spirit, yet peaceful heart, and her outgoing nature. It’s filled with so many other colors of emotion; it’s hard for him to pick them apart. Hers has all the color emotions Nick’s aura has, along with a blood red, red-orange, blue-purple, neon yellow, and peach, these represent anger, frustration, courage, hope, and worry. This makes Brian worry about what she intends to do.



He sighs with despair, “Angel, com sit down.”



She glares, throwing her hands up with aggravation. “Why can’t I go? I know I can help!”



Nick gazes at his baby sister sadly. His usually serene crystal blue eyes are glazed over with tears, his fears clearly embedded within them. “Rain, I can’t let you go.” He pleads.



“Can’t or won’t Nickolas?”



“Rose Aileen Carter! I’m not going to let you put yourself in danger!”



“Why? Cause you think I can’t last! Therefore getting us both killed in the process! Is that it?”



“No! But-”



“Honey, we’ve already lost two people tonight. My cousins, my family are gone. I don’t think I’ll be able to go on if I lose you. I love you Angel.”



“Yeah, that’s why we won’t let you. We love you too much Rain.”



“Ice, Bri-bear, I love you too, but I have to go.”



“But why do you have to?” Nick asks, the tears threatening to fall as his voice wavers with overwhelming emotion.



“I-I don’t know. I just have a feeling that I’m supposed too. Just like with us showing the diaries awhile back Nick. That feeling that you have to because it’s gonna start a chain of events that determines our destiny.”



“No Rain, it must be a mistake. It’s completely out of the question.” Nick states firmly, clearly angry with concern.



“And who are you to say what I can and can’t do!”



A hurt look comes across Nick’s caring sapphire eyes, making Rose soften.



“Look Ice, I’m sorry, maybe you’re right. I was just babbling before. I-I don’t know. I just wanna help. I guess waiting here is beginning to drive me insane.”



Brian smiles, walking over to her. He wraps his arm around her and leads her back to his cot. He hugs Rose tightly. “Angel, you’re mad, and you’re tired. Why don’t we put this all aside and try to get some sleep? Maybe then you’ll feel better about all this when you wake up.”



“Yeah Rosie,” Nick agrees, yawning softly as he lies down on his own cot tiredly. “Maybe if we’re lucky AJ will be back when we wake up.”



Rose smiles weakly at her twin, “Yeah, maybe.”



She lies down with Brian on his cot, her boyfriend’s arms wrapped lovingly around her. She feels guilty about lying to her twin. She still feels the need to leave. She sighs, closing her eyes in an attempt to forget her apocalyptic troubles. Yet, deep down she knows they’ll NEVER go away.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Ana paces about her grand chambers, unknowingly mimicking the exact way Rose is pacing in her cell at the precise moment. She flops on her push king-size bed, and thinks about her talk with Howie’s mother. How she knew about the kidnapping, but had suggested there was more to it than what Ana sees. She told Ana to think about the love the Carters had bestowed upon her before she goes to seek revenge. The talk had gotten to Ana, and is making her think about the past and question it. She pointed out things Ana hasn’t thought of, yet makes perfect sense. Just like some of the things Jane Carter had said to her before she died. Paula knew Ana is still doubtful though. So, she only requested one thing: For Ana to use her time-travel power and go to the past to watch herself as a kid with all of the things that had once meant so much to her. To think of the good parts of her childhood, not just the bad. And, finally, to question everything her father and Ashton had told her about the Carters, and see the truth for herself.



Ana pictures herself back at her former home before all this chaos had began. She wants to go back to three years before they had all been frozen in Kevin’s cryogenic machine, back when Ana was seventeen, and the twins were fifteen. She concentrates on an image from that time of her life, picturing herself back in that time. Ana begins breathing slowly and starts propelling herself backwards through time, from 3002 all the way back to 1997…



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





Ana walks through the red velvet corridors of her grand home. She goes to her room, out on her luxurious balcony. She stares out at the beautiful Venusian lands happily. She was waiting for the twins, whom she knew would be home soon. She worries about them though. Last month on their fifteenth birthday, Aunt Jane had decided they should go back to a public school to be around kids their age. So the twins started school there a few weeks later, and are tutored in music after school. Ana shakes her head as she spots her siblings, she didn’t think it was such a good idea. This past month has been nothing but turmoil for the twins.



“Nick! Wait up! C’mon Nicky!” She see rose callout to her brother, giggling as she hurried to catch up with him.



Nick pauses, and waits for his twin sister patiently, “You’re way too slow Rain.”



“Yeah right! You’re just too fast Ice!” Rose teases, sticking her tongue out at her brother playfully.



“Oh yeah, that’s mature.”



The identical siblings smile and laugh as they continue towards the Carter Castle, not noticing the large crowd of teens gathering behind them. Ana groans, this didn’t look good. This was the twentieth time this month this has happened to them. She knew this was a bad idea. She starts to turn and go out to get them, but stops. They need to handle this themselves. The twins have been having social problems ever since they started at the school because of their royal blood and status. It’s about time they grow up a little and handle it without Ana's help.



A young boy begins to walk faster and is right behind Rose, shoving her to the ground roughly. She sniffles, but stands strong as she gathers her things and Nick gently helps her up.



“Aw, nick’s helping his wittle sister…too bad he can’t help our planet. It’s because of him the Darker-Elitions are having problems with our planet! It’s because of him my parents were fired from his courts!”



“Shut up Layne.” Nick snarls trying to lead Rose away before it got ugly.



Ana sighs, if only the other six in their circle of friends could see this. Maybe then they’d understand what Rose had told Ana. Maybe then they’d understand the twins’ actions a little bit better. She looks at the twins tiredly, watching the entire scene go down.



“Yeah, we’re not in charge yet. Our Aunt Jane is.” Rose tries to explain.



“Oh yeah? Then why is it that you two are considered the two most important people in all of Venus!” a young girl cries, slapping Rose across her young face.



‘That’s it,” Ana muses dejectedly, ‘Now Rose is gonna lose it…’



Rose jumps on the girl, punching wildly and pulling chunks of hair out. The girl never got a chance to hit Rose back. Ana grumbles, running out of her room. She hurries down the stairs and out of the castle and onto the fields as fast as she could. Nick is trying to stop Rose and pull her off of the girl, but Layne keeps hitting him and finally Nick begins hitting him back. Ten to twenty kids jump in on the fight, jumping the twins. Yet, before Ana gets to them, the twins somehow escape the mass of teens and run off to their home. Ana turns around, running after them to see if they’re okay. She gets into the house, calling out for them. She accidentally bumps into them in the kitchen.



“Watch it Ana!” Rose bellows angrily, holding an ice pack to her now black eye.



“I’m sorry. You two okay?”



“What’s it look like!” Rose replies, annoyed.



“Yeah, we’re not, thanks to you.” Nick spits out furiously, holding an ice pack to his own black eye. It was just like his sisters. Ana noticed that amazingly, the twins had identical injuries. It puzzles Ana, but she decides not to pursue it.



“Me? What did I do?”



“Um…yeah! You’re supposed to help protect us since you’re our older sister, aren’t you? Great job Ana.” Rose answers rolling her eyes. “Oh, and don’t think that Aunt Jane isn’t gonna hear about this.” They run off to their room, leaving Ana to wonder once again if she’d ever win.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Rose carefully slips out of her boyfriends loving embrace, not wanting to wake him or her brother up. She hates doing this but knows she has to.



“I’m so sorry guys. I love you.” she murmurs, kissing him and her brother lightly on each of their foreheads.



She kneels down and begins to write a note for them on the dirty floor. She hopes when they wake up the note will still be there and explaining why she’s gonna do what she’s about to do. Rose prays that they’ll forgive her for doing it against their wishes.



“I love you so much Ice, hopefully I won’t get us both killed.” She whispers as she hurries towards the bars.



She waves her hand and little steps of ice begin to form beneath her and she rises up until she reaches the hole in the bars that AJ had created. She climbs up just before the ice steps are absorbed within the bricks. The bars are still melted from AJ’s powers, showing he is stronger than he thought. She slips through the hole carefully and puts the bars back into place, and covers it with ice, putting it back into it’s original form. The ice becomes absorbed into the bars. Rose tests it and it’s rock solid again. She jumps to the ground softly. This way Ashton won’t be able to tell at first glance that anyone has escaped, therefore buying her and AJ more time.



“Don’t worry Jamelet, Howie, I’m coming.” She says softly and runs off into the dark halls. Never knowing that AJ can sense where Jamelet is, and had gone off in the opposite direction.