- Text Size +
“Revelations”

~*Chapter Eight-*~Self Discoveries~*

Rose walked with her brother down the aisle silently in the noisy crowded hospital cafeteria with her tray in hand. The doctors had told them that they both were fine; but because of the concussions they had gotten, the twins had to stay overnight to make sure that there was no serious damage done to them that the doctors had missed. She walked slowly, messing with her now neatly braided blonde hair while she thought of the strange events that had unfolded so far that day.

Nick looked at his sibling, concerned as he ran his hands through his blonde strands trying to spike it, but failing miserably. His ocean eyes were filled with worry but also shone in the harsh florescent lighting.

“So Rain, are you okay? You look upset.” He told her softly, grabbing a grape juice carton and setting it on his tray for the two of them to share.

The young eighteen-year-old girl turned toward him, snatching an orange for her own tray. She sighed in despair when she stopped to talk, forgetting that there were others behind them trying to get food as well.

“I don’t even know Ice, there’s something not right about all this. Something's off, you know? Like why was there a tracking bomb after us? War wasn’t declared yet, plus we’re harmless civilians so there was no reason to attack us. And why are we even alive? By all rights we should be dead, or at least seriously hurt. Not that I’m not grateful, but our injuries are way too minor for what had caused them. Another thing is, how could Jamelet and AJ possibly hit us? Why do they even think they did? You and I both know they didn’t. Plus, I know those two from somewhere, before now, I mean. I’m just not sure where or how. I could be wrong though. Maybe I’m just going crazy.”

Nick looked at Rose lovingly; he knew how she felt, as he always did. It was as if they were one instead of two. There was a unique bond or link between them unlike any other that made it so he constantly knew and understood what she was feeling along with what she was saying and vise-versa, even if they didn’t agree with it. Their lives had always been that way and he had a feeling it be that way for them for all time. He pulled his sister close, his sapphire eyes full of sympathy as he gazed into an identical pair; only difference being that hers were filled with pain and confusion. He felt it as well, but he hid it from her so he could protect his baby sister; even if he was only older by two minutes, he knew it was his responsibility.

“Trust me you’re not. Unless I am too, then maybe we can be admitted to an insane asylum together. Cause I’ve been feeling the same way. Don’t worry though Rain, it’ll all work out in the end. Have I ever lied to you?”

“No” She replied giggling softly as she set her tray down and hugged her twin tightly. It may not have solved her problems, or soothed her troubles, but she did feel loved and safe. For that, she was eternally grateful since there was a war now and she desperately needed that feeling and Nick knew it as he always did. Suddenly she and nick were jolted when they had separated and picked up their trays again. Nick’s grape juice carton soared through the air landing right on top of Rose’s head, drenching her head to toe with the sticky purple liquid.

Nick’s hand immediately flew to his mouth, trying to control his laughter. While he watched his dripping identical twin sister pitifully try to wring out her juiced filled golden braids, he knew Rose’s quick temper would once again get the best of her and she wouldn’t see the apparent humor of the situation. His eyes twinkled with amusement, betraying to his sibling what he was trying so hard to keep in. in fact he felt sorry for did it and who now had to face Rain’s stormy wrath.

Rose’ usually peaceful ocean eyes flashed in anger as she screamed out in fury not caring who heard.

“WHY DON’T YOU WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!!!”

Suddenly the room had become freezing cold and Nick was shocked to see his breath as he shivered from the shocking cold, turning toward the person along with Rose. When She did her breath caught within her throat. It wasn’t cause of the cold for surprisingly the sudden cold didn’t bother her at all, in fact she felt protected and comfortable in it. The shock was because of the 18 year old before them, shivering while he took off his nave blue cap and began to fiddle with it, revealing his sandy reddish blonde locks. His intense cerulean eyes were fixed upon her as if he was trying to remember something long forgotten. Images started flashing before her eyes, none of which that were familiar to her. Yet, at the same time they were in a strange sense.

*Her and this young man watching the sunset together in the light yellow sky. She was lying in his lap, sighing as they then watched the “redset” (red planet setting) next as the two moons rose into the dark purple night sky.

*Nick and herself in a mansion-no home, with their parents advisors introducing them to the same young man along with a young girl who had long straight dark brown hair and big chocolate eyes. They were then told these two were Lord and Lady of many Venusian estates and that these are the people the twins were now betrothed to and they were to be married upon their 20th birthday.

*Her, Jamelet, AJ, Ice, their older sister, and the two they were betrothed to, all going to the grand opening of this new Latin club called “El Silencio”

Rapidly more images flashed overwhelmingly, and the room spun as the dam broke and her ancient memories flooded her brain. She caught sight of Nick and saw his eyes gazing about dizzily as her own were and knew it was happening to him as well. She focused on the teen before him staring into his deep blue eyes while he put his cap back on. A name appeared suddenly in both their minds when it all began to make sense and neither could believe it was him as they spoke it in shock simultaneously.

“Brian.”

The memories kept coming when neither could take anymore and everything went black.

~*~*~*~*~

Jane watched on as her niece and nephew were overcome with memories. Then her green mirror began to beep shrilly and she ran over to it frustrated at whoever dared to distract her at this time. She heard a thick accented voice echo throughout the dark room as the image cleared and she knew it to be her advisor.

“This had better be good McLean.” She growled.

“I just wanted to check up on our current situation.”

“Well, the twins are now finally having revelations about their true selves.”

“We must rush the plan along my queen before we’re inevitably discovered and killed, which leave the ten without any of the guidance that they’ll need.”

The queens eyes grew big in fury as she ran her hands threw her short blonde hair impatiently.

“We cannot rush too quickly or we’ll end up destroying them ourselves.”

“Yes, we know this but there are new circumstances to consider. Events that have occurred to inspire this hasty decision.”

“And what might those be?” Jane replied haughtily, throwing the blue glass orb into the air and letting it float there aimlessly.

“Well, your precious twins were attacked by the Darker-Elitions with a black orbion earlier before war was even declared. I doubt it was a fluke for they have more reason to kill those two with them being the King Robert’s children and the next to rule. And we all know their tattoos certainly don’t help.” He spoke of the ones both twins had on the backs of their necks. There was a golden crown and inside in the royal script was an R on Rose’s that was surrounded with Ice, which represented her power. On Nick’s was an N that was surrounded with drops of water, which represented his own power.

“What?” She breathed. The end was coming sooner than expected and none of them had been prepared for that.

“Yes, We must finish and ready the ten.”

“And what if we can’t in time?”

“He sighed softly, “Well then to quote you, then may the gods save us all.”