- Text Size +
CJ stood in front of the mirror straightening out her blouse. She gazed upon herself, shocked to see how much she changed. Just yesterday she was this ugly, raggedy seventeen year old girl. Now, she was a beautiful young woman. CJ smiled to herself like first meeting a polite person. She took a deep breath, nervous about seeing Aaron again. She wondered if Aaron would still like her if she still looked the way she did, before she became beautiful. CJ shook that thought out of her mind. ' No! The old CJ is in the past and will never show up again. This is the new CJ. I am CJ Martin!'
CJ took one more good look at herself before retreating to the bathroom.

" You look so pretty." Kelly said, coming up behind her. CJ smiled and ran her fingers through her hair, " Stop messing with your hair." She playfully slapped CJ's hand away. CJ laughed and sighed. Kelly grinned and draped her arm around CJ.

" I think your ready." Kelly said. CJ didn't smile, her face was blank and confused, " What's wrong?"

" What if he doesn't really like me?" CJ said, a sad look on her face.

Kelly gasped, " Oh my God, CJ! He is crazy about you. I could tell by looking at him earlier." Kelly moved a piece of hair out of CJ's face, " He's head over heals, I can tell." CJ sighed and shook her head slightly and sat down on the toilet seat.

" I like him at lot too...but"

" But what?! Kelly kneeled down in front of her took her hands in hers.

" I've waited seventeen years to find love for the first time. And when I think I have, it won't last. I'm only here for two weeks, Kell. I don't want to start a relationship like that. Fall in love and the next your thousands of miles away. " CJ lowered her head sadly.

" You won't go home if you win this thing." Kelly said. CJ looked up at her.

" I'm not going to win."

" CJ you have the best voice I have ever heard. You are going to win this."

CJ frowned, " It seems to me that your doubting yourself." Kelly bit her lip and stood up.

" I'm not doubting myself. " She said, looking in the mirror and fixing her hair, " I don't have any competition with you, CJ. Maybe Victoria does, but I don't. All I have to say...." She looked at her, " Let the best one win." CJ looked at her and smiled.

" Come here." CJ got up and stood up in front of her. Kelly got the brush and started to brush CJ's hair, " So....did Goldie really bite your butt?"

CJ giggled, " Yeah she did. I was fifteen and I went out to water her. I stood in front of her and bent over to pick something up from the ground. And Goldie she leaned her neck down and bit me!" CJ and Kelly laughed," It didn't feel very good."

" I bet it didn't." Suddenly, singing ran through the air.

" I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE! YOU OTHER HORSES CAN'T DENY....." Trevor, Rose, and Victoria sang while standing in the doorway of the bathroom. CJ and Kelly doubled over in laughter.