- Text Size +
" So where are we going?" CJ asked, as they made their way toward their destination.

Aaron smiled, " There's a carnival in town this week. And I thought it would be fun to go check it out."

CJ nodded, " Cool. Um.....what's a carnival?" She asked a little nervous. Aaron looked at her blankly, then smiled.

" You don't get out much do you?"

" I haven't been out at all." CJ said, shaking her head sadly. Aaron cleared his throat.

" Well.......a carnival is sorta like a circus. You have loads of games, food, entertainment and most of all, rides." He told her.

" Sounds like a blast!" She said, her eyes sparkling. Aaron breathed in, as he locked eyes with her.

" It is." He whispered, " That's why I want to take you." CJ smiled, her heart fluttering around like a bunch of butterflies. They sat for a couple of minutes in silence.

" Aw! Here we are?" He pulled into a crowded parking lot. He found a parking spot without too much difficulty.

" Allow me." He said, getting out of the drivers seat and walking over to CJ's side and holding the door open for her. He offered her his hand.

" Thank you." She placed her small hand inside his and climbed out of he's red Dodge pickup. Aaron pulled out a beautiful red rose and handed it to her. She gasped lightly and took in it's scent. She opened her eyes and looked up into Aaron's chocolate brown eyes.

" It's Beautiful. Thank you." She kissed his cheek softly.

Aaron smiled, " Every time, I see you, you remind me of a very unique red rose, all by itself in a rose bush, ready to bloom. And when it does it's the rarest and most beautiful of all." CJ's heart stopped at that exact moment. She felt herself blush a little. She bit her lip, " Thank you." Aaron smiled and wrapped his arms around her, resting his forehead up against hers.

" Let's go!" He grabbed her hand and they jogged over to the entrance. CJ looked around in awe.

" Wow! There's a lot of people here!" She smiled and held her rose tighter.

" Carnivals are a lot of fun. People come all around the state, just to have a night of fun." CJ looked up at him lovingly.

" A perfect place to have a first date." She said. Aaron smiled and kissed her forehead, " Speaking of a date, where are you taking me next?"

Aaron looked at her and smiled, " It's a surprise." CJ smiled and cuddled up closer to him. She loved surprises, and she couldn't wait to see what Aaron had in stores for her.

" Oh Aaron, look!" She pointed to a throw the darts game! Aaron smiled and they jogged over, " What do you do here?" She asked. She took a deep breath, wondering is she's asking to many questions all at once, especially dumb questions like the one she just asked. Probably 99.9% of the people in England think she's probably stupid, not knowing what a carnival is or who the spice girls are. She snapped out of her thoughts, when she heard Aaron sigh. ' Oh no.' She thought nervously.

" Well, you throw the darts, at the balloons and try to pop as many as you can. If you pop at least one....you get a prize." CJ loosened up when he smiled at her sweetly. She stepped to the side.

" You want to show a lady how it's done, Mr. Carter?" She flirted with him. Aaron smiled and laughed.

" Sure." He walked up to the front of the stand and took the darts in his hand. He missed the first time, then he missed the second time. CJ laughed.

" Okay, okay......." He took his jacket off and handed it to CJ. He picked up the last dart, taking a deep breath. CJ, giggled at the pasture he gave. He got ready, aimed, and fired. BAM! He got it!

" Yes!" CJ giggled in excitement and ran over to him. The guy behind the counter, handed Aaron a big polar bear. He turned toward CJ and smiled, holding the bear out in front of him.

" Third time the charm." CJ blushed, as he gave her the bear.

" Your the sweetest. Thank you." They smiled. Aaron spotted a cotton candy stand and smiled big.

" I feel a sugar rush coming on."

" What?"

" Cotton Candy." He grabbed her hand and walked over, " What color do you want?" He asked. CJ looked at the colors and smiled.

" Blue."

" Two blues please." The woman working behind the stand handing them their orders. Aaron grabbed the cotton candies and thanked the lady. CJ looked up and saw a huge ride, that really sparked her interest. She looked up at Aaron and noticed he was looking at it too.

" Oh, that looks like tremendous fun! Let's go on it!" They ran over and stood in the long line to get on.

" They have this ride every year. It's really fun."

" What's it called, the swing ride?"

" No. You know I don't even know what it's called. I guess you can call it the swing ride. You just sit in a swing, buckle up and then it will take you about 100ft in the air, going in circles. Slow at first and then it goes faster and faster. Are you afraid of heights?" He asked her.

" Sorta. But I'll be buckled in right."

Aaron nodded, " Yup. Pretty tight."

" Then I'm ready to swing!" They laughed. Finally it was their turn. They climbed up onto the platform and took their seats. Aaron reached over and buckled CJ in tightly.

" If I were you, I'd keep that rose tight." Aaron said with a smile. CJ looked down and realized she still had her rose in her hand.

" Oh, damn." She slumped her shoulders in defeat.

" I'll hold it for you!" A girl called from the line. CJ looked over and smiled at the nice girl. She looked at the rose, the back at the girl. She handed the rose to her, knowing she could trust her with it.

" Thank you."

" No prob." Then the swings started to move. CJ took a deep breath and wiggled in her seat, excitedly. She held on to the chains, as the ride got faster and faster. She squeezed her eyes shut and felt the world go round and round. It felt like she was flying. She loved the feeling being up in the air, like she is, only the wind hitting her face softly. She didn't want the ride to end, afraid she'll come crashing down and wouldn't be able to fly again. CJ's eyes snapped open, when she felt on of her tennis shoes begin to slip off her foot. She tried lifting up her leg to try to grab her shoe, but the hard wind was making it really difficult. She reached and reached. She let out a silent cry, as he shoe slipped off her foot and went sailing through the air. She bit her lip and tried not to look guilty. She covered her mouth with her hand when she saw her shoe hit an old lady across the head, knocking her over. She tried to keep a straight face, until the ride stopped........to bad she failed.

The ride finally stopped. Aaron let out a sigh of relief.

" Awww....I love this ride." He said, with a silly grin. He looked at CJ, a confused look appeared on his face. CJ was cracking up.

" What's so funny?" He asked. CJ giggled louder, trying not to go all out. Aaron looked down, " Where's your shoe?" CJ couldn't hold it in anymore. She finally busted out in laughter, her face turning a crimson color. Aaron unbuckled his strap and kneeled down in front of her. With his eye brows raised, he stared upon CJ. Then he started to laugh along with her.

" My.....s-show......." She tried to say, but was laughing to hard, " My shoe hit a.....old lady.......in.........the head!" Aaron doubled over in laughter. Even the people in the line and the dude running the ride started laughing hysterically. The girl holding CJ's rose, walked up onto the platform and handed her rose back to her. CJ smiled and took it.

" Thanks for holding it for me." The girl smiled sweetly.

" Your welcome, sweetie." She giggled and jumped off the platform. CJ let out a relieved breath.

" Okay, I'm okay." She said, trying to get control. She almost had it, when she lost it again. Aaron finished up his laughter and helped her out of her seat.

" Ok, let's go find your shoe, Ms. Giggles." Aaron joked. CJ giggled and nodded, " Here, jump on." He bent over to let her jump on his back, so she didn't have to walk. She jumped on, giggling like a little girl. Aaron spotted Jay, one of his good friends in the line.

" Hey, Jay!" Aaron yelled, getting his attention. Jay waved and ran over, him too trying to remain calm from laughing at the incident.

" Loose, your shoe, my dear?" Jay said, to CJ. CJ's head rested on Aaron's shoulder, a silly expression on her face.

" Yeaaaahhhh." She said, causing Aaron and Jay to lose it again. Finally they calmed down. Aaron looked around the park, CJ still clinging to him.

" Can, you tell me where your shoe hit Grandma at, hun?" Aaron asked her, his laugher starting up again.

" Uhhhh........" CJ looked around, with a open mouth grin on her face, " Over there." She pointed to the area she saw her shoe hit the old lady. They walked over to their destination. Jay was the first to spot, CJ's shoe. He picked it up and turned to her.

" I think this is you shoe, considering the fact, that it looks like..........your other shoe." Jay said, laughing. CJ giggled and stuck out her shoe less foot, wiggling it, waiting for her shoe to be put back in it's rightful place. Jay laughed and slipped her shoe, back on her foot. He kneeled down and retied it, making sure it was nice and tight. When he was done, CJ shook her foot, feeling relieved.

" Ah, that's better. Next time I'll double check to see if their on nice and tight. wouldn't want them to slip off and break something. Or hit another Grandma.....or a grandpa." They all erupted in hysterics once again, CJ nearly slipped off Aaron's back.