- Text Size +
The ride to the studio was quiet and long. They didn't say a word, just stared out the window and watched the trees go by in a blur. Mrs. Baker pulled up in front of the studio and parked her car. Mr. Johnson walked up to the van and opened the door, politely.

" Good morning, Mrs. Baker." Mrs Baker smiled and stepped out of the van, followed by the kids.

" Good morning." She smiled.

" And how's England's most talented kids, doing this morning?" He said. They stayed quiet, " Oh, I heard someone's birthday is tomorrow!" He teased and stood in front of CJ, making a silly face. She didn't laugh nor did she smile.

" Big Eighteen." He gave her a small smile and rubbed her shoulders lightly.

CJ sighed, " I'm pretty sure it won't be special." She said coldly. She brushed past him and continued to the entrance of the studio.

" Is Chloe alright?" He asked, confused. Kelly sighed.

" No, she's not. But were handling it." They walked past him quietly.

" And her name isn't Chloe." Rose added, " It's CJ." Mr. Johnson nodded slowly and turned back around to Mrs. Baker, who was smiling innocently.

" Mrs. Baker, what's wrong with them?" Mrs. Baker took a deep breath and shook her head.

" I don't know." She said, worried.

" Mrs Baker, if something is bothering them and they show it, there is no way one of you kids will be coming out of the competition as a winner. They need to be happy and engergic." He told her. Mrs. Baker rubbed her hands together nervously.

" Right." She walked past him and stopped. She turned back around, " I'll talk to them when we get to the hotel. Besides, I think I know what's wrong with CJ." Mr. Johnson nodded and followed her into the studio.

**********************************

Mrs Baker caught up with the girls and Trevor, who was already in the main part of the studio.

" Okay, kiddos listen up." Mr. Johnson said, coming into the room and sitting down next to some other guy.

" First of all, I would like to introduce to you guys, the main man, that will be producing all of you songs." He started, " Kids, this Steve Cleary. He is the music industries best and coolest producer. Steve, this is Rose, Victoria, Trevor, CJ and Kelly." He introduced him to them. They all gave a weak ' Hi '. Steve smiled and extended out his hand.

" It's very nice to meet you and I look forward to be working with all of you." He shook their hands politly.

" Steve has worked with big time Artists like Britney Spears......uh, Christina Aguilera, LFO, Nsync, and the Backstreet Boys." Mr Johnson told them. The kids nodded.

" Cool." Trevor happily said, " Let's get down to business, man." He stood up and went over to Steve.

" Alright, Trev! Where's your song at?" He said. Trevor pulled out his song.

" Right here!" He handed him his song. Steve read over it. He nodded excidely.

" Alright, alright!" Steve then went to work. Trevor glanced at the girls and gave them a snotty smile.

" Ego-major." Kelly and Rose said at the same time. The door opened.

" Steve, where's the---CJ?" A voice came. CJ looked up when she heard her name. A smile appeared on her face. It was Aaron.

" Aaron!" She squelled and jumped into his arms. He held her tightly, " What are you doing here?" She whispered.

" Well, Steve called me and asked me if I wanted to help produce some songs." He smiled and rested his forehead up against hers.

" You better help me with mine." She flirted, rubbing her finger tips over the back of his neck. He smiled and captured her lips with hers. Both, Rose and Victoria's gum popped when they say them lip lock. Kelly just smiled and gazed on. They parted and giggled playfully.

" Where's the what, Aaron?" Steve said, suddenly. Aaron jumped away from CJ, startled.

" Huh? Oh, the snare to the headphones." He said. Steve looked around for the snare. He found it and grabbed it.

" Here." He handed him the snare.

" Thanks." He looked at CJ, lovingly, " Got a minute?"

" Um......."

" Go ahead, sweetie. We'll call you when we need you." Mrs. Baker told her. CJ smiled and took Aaron's hand and left.

***********

" Oh my God, CJ and Aaron?" Mrs. Baker pipped up. They all looked at her.

" That's what I was gonna say." Steve said, looking over Trevor's lyrics.

" Their a cute couple. What's so bad about it?" Rose said, looking at Mrs. Baker.

" Nothing, Rose!" Mrs Baker said, " I didn't even know CJ had a boyfriend, let alone Aaron."

Rose huffed, " Well, maybe if you were around more often, you maybe would have noticed she even went out a date with him." Rose snapped. She got up and walked out of the room. Mrs. Baker took a deep breath.

" Rose!" She got up and went after her. The others looked at each other confused.

" What the hell was that all about?" Kelly said, confused.

" It seemed to me that Mrs. Baker didn't want CJ to have a boyfriend." Victoria mentioned.

Trevor started to laugh, " CJ probably doesn't know what a boyfriend is." Kelly slitted her eyes.

" You're a bastard, Skye's." She sneered. She was getting ready to attack him right them and there, but Victoria grabbed her arm and shook her head. Kelly sighed in frustration and sat back in silence. Steve and Trevor got up and left the room.

" You know, this could be a problem girls." Mr. Johnson told them. They sighed and looked at him.

" What do you mean?" Victoria said, flattly.

" Being in this competition is very important to each and everyone of you. You need to be focused 24/7, if not, your most likely not going to win. And all I'm say is that CJ and Aaron being together isn't a very good idea."

" No, all your saying is that Aaron is a distraction to CJ." Victoria sneered.

Mr. Johnson sighed, " CJ would want to be with him 24/7, day and night, she wouldn't want to work on her song and practice."

" How do you know she's like that?" Kelly asked.

" Trust me, I know girls these days."

" But you don't know CJ." Kelly told him. Mr. Johnson shook his head.

" No, I don't know CJ. But I would like to get to know her."

" Now that, Mr. Johnson, is a bad idea." Victoria added.

" Why?"

" You wouldn't understand her." Mr. Johnson stared at her.

" Then how do you know, Aaron will?" The girls stayed silent.

" We don't know, we never said that." Victoria snapped.

Kelly sighed, " Aaron is very sweet. He listens to her. And by the way, who ever said this competition was important to us?" Mr. Johnson strugged, " The only person it's important too is CJ. We don't care about it. We don't even want to win, do you know why? Because this is all about CJ. Were gonna help her win this thing, wither or without your help. Just stay out of the way, cause your the one that's gonna be the distraction." Kelly flat out told him. The girls stood up and left the room. Mr. Johnson sat there with a blank look on his face.

" This is all about CJ?" He huffed, " No, this is all about a spoiled little brat named Chloe Martin!"