- Text Size +
" I'm going to kill him."

" Your going to kill who?"

" Craig." Aaron groaned. Jay chuckled and took a bite of his cereal.

" What did he do now?"

Aaron sighed, " He's giving me crap about CJ."

" Really?" Aaron nodded, " Craig gives you crap about everyone."

" He hardly does it when I have a girlfriend, tho. I don't know why he hates her so much." Jay got up and put his bowl in the sink.

" You know, I can't read people's minds as well as you can, but it seems to me like he doesn't want you guys together."

Aaron sighed heavily, " He did a pretty good job doing it last night. I don't know what's up with him. He's been on my ass about her ever since I first saw her."

" Maybe he's jealous." Jay suggested.

" Jealous of what?" Aaron huffed.

Jay shrugged, " Because you got a beautiful girl and he doesn't have anyone? I don't know. Maybe he's sick and tired of you getting all the girls and being a shoulder to cry on when you get hurt by one of those hot blond chicks that look like sluts. "Jay sat down, " Or maybe he's jealous, cause your paying more attention to CJ, instead of too him."

Aaron looked at him sadly, " The only person who Craig is hurting is me. He's supposed to be my best friend. He's acting like a jealous girlfriend and it's retarded." He said, making Jay laugh. Then he suddenly stopped laughing and looked at Aaron seriously.

" Well, what am I, chopped liver?" He said, some what serious and sarcastically. Aaron smiled and laughed.

" Jay, do you like CJ?"

Jay smiled, " I love CJ. I thinks she's really cool and very beautiful. I'm glad your with her, she's a very cool girl."

Aaron nodded, " Can you do me a favor then?" Jay nodded, " Today a five O' clock, I need you to go pick up CJ, up from the studio. Take her to Club Paris, but don't tell her why, Okay?" Jay grinned and nodded.

" Oky doky....Why can't I tell her?"

" It's her birthday today. So it's a surprise. But Jay, even tho she begs you, don't say anything, make it up or something." They laughed.

************************

Victoria walked down the sidewalk in front of the Brass Monkey's outside bar. She stopped when she say Ms. Baker. Victoria jogged over to her.

" Ms. Baker?" Ms. Baker put down her drink in silence.

" What do you want, Victoria?" She said, dryly.

" Were throwing a surprise party for CJ, for her birthday tonight. Are you coming?" Victoria asked nervously. Ms. Baker stared at her for awhile.

" Are you kidding?" She sneered, " I have better things to do, than go to CJ's lame old party. Besides she's supposed to be going home today."

Victoria took a deep breath, " Kelly, Rose, and I are gonna try really hard to help CJ though this. And have her sing at the audition. The reason why she doesn't want to sing is something that's too personal and it's just not the right time to tell anyone."

" Victoria, I'm her teacher! She's supposed to talk to me. Why don't she tell me what's going on?"

Victoria sighed, " Cause she doesn't think you'll care." Ms. Baker hard stare, softened into a calm expression. She turned back around and took a sipped at her drink. She took a deep breath and turned back toward her.

" You girls have fun at that party. Tell CJ happy birthday for me and tell her I'm sorry I couldn't make it." She grabbed her purse and stood up. She took one last look at Victoria and left. Victoria took a deep breath and smiled.