- Text Size +
Jay walked out of his house that evening and jumped into his blue mustang. He started it up and pulled out of the driveway.

****************

CJ smiled and put down the head phones. Steve sat back in his chair and grinned. He tapped his pen on the desk in front of him.

" Okay.....I think you got it down." CJ smiled, happily, " Come on back!" CJ got up and walked into the main room. Steve stood up and shook her hand.

" You have an amazing voice, CJ. And that song was very beautiful."

" Thank you, Mr. Cleary." Steve laughed,

" Call me Steve, babe." CJ smiled and nodded.

" So did you write the song?"

" Yup."

" When did you write it?"

" About five years ago."

" Wow! Well, it's the best I have ever heard. It's very moving, soulful and a very very powerful song."

" Thank you!" She blushed. Steve looked at his watch.

" Well, lets say we call it a day, shall we?" CJ nodded and grabbed her coat. She shook his hand once more, before walking out the door. In CJ's heard, she was proud of her song. But it's too bad she won't be singing it......or will she?

*************************

CJ walked outside of the studio. She squinted her eyes, when she saw a blue mustang sitting in the parking lot. She frowned and walked to the guy, standing next to the car.

" Well, don't you look beautiful today."

" Jay?" CJ smiled. Jay gasped lightly.

" Oh my....I'm so flattered that you remember me." He said, pretending to whip a tear away. They laughed.

" Of course I remember you." She said, giving him a big hug, " What are you doing here?"

" Aaron asked me to come pick you up. He had something to do." CJ nodded. Jay opened the passenger door for her, politely. CJ smiled and climbed in.

*************************

They rode in silence for awhile.

Jay cleared his throat, " So....I heard today was your birthday." CJ looked out the window and nodded slowly.

" Yeah, it is."

" Gonna do something special?" Jay grinned.

CJ sighed, " No. My birthday's are never special. I never even had a real party. So, why should this be any different?" Jay gave her a small smile and took her hand.

" So where are you taking me?"

" Club Paris. Aaron's gonna meet us over there."

" Oh. Okay." She sighed and slumped down in her seat. CJ looked at Jay, thinking of what to say.

" Jay?"

" Yeah?"

" Does Aaron say anything about me too you?"

Jay smirked, " Hell ya. He did this morning."

" Really? what did he say?"

Jay frowned, " Why are you so curious?"

" I don't know...I just wanna make sure he really likes me."

" Oh my God, CJ! That boy is head over heals for you!"

" Thats what Kelly said." She said, flatly.

" Kelly's right! Your an amazing girl, CJ. Your beautiful, caring, funny, talented....you know, if you weren't with Aaron, I would definitely ask you out." CJ chuckled.

" Thanks. I don't understand something. I grew up without no friends and no love. And now I come down here and I make friends and find a boyfriend. I'm confused."

" Not everybody is the same, CJ. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions on other's. And the people that reject you, are the people you need to forget. And the people that welcome you into their lives, are the one's that you need to cherish forever. Cause that is what really matter."

CJ smiled, " Your right. But what about Kelly, Rose, and Victoria?"

" What about em?"

" At school, Rose and Kelly never said a word to me. Never hung out with me and never done anything fun with me. Now Victoria is a different story. She is like the schools biggest bitch. She threatened me and criticized me all the time. But I do have to admit, I have seen Kelly smile at me in the hallway. They all weren't my friends back at home....now their my best friends. It's hard to except that, when you haven't had it your whole life."

" Maybe Kelly was scared."

CJ shrugged, " Scared of what tho?"

" Maybe she was scared, because you wouldn't let her in. Just like you said, it's hard to except that, when you haven't had it your whole life."

CJ smiled a little, " Maybe..."

" Maybe she's always believed in you. Hey...you couldn't come down here in the first place, right?"

" Right."

" And who came and got you at the last minute?"

" Kelly."

" That's right. Kelly, knew you could make it and she knew it was your time."

" My time for what?"

Jay smiled, " Your time...too be who you really are." A smile spread across her face. She leaned over and kissed him sweetly on the cheek.

" Thank you, Jay."