- Text Size +
* two days later*

Aaron and CJ stood backstage at the Orlando Karokee Country Club. Jay was with them.

" How many people here ya think?" CJ asked, rubbing her hands together and taking a deep breath.

" I don't know." Aaron peered out from behind the curtain to look, " About 100 to 200 people." CJ sighed.

" This is gonna be off the hook, CJ." Jay said, massaging her shoulders.

" Yeah at least." Aaron agreed. CJ laughed and shrugged Jay off of her.

" Okay, I'm ready. Besides I love singing." CJ said with a smile. Aaron walked over and gave her a kiss.

" Let's do this." He whispered. Jay ran out into the crowd, while Aaron walked into the stage.

" Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to introduce to you your next act. She's an uprising singer, so you know she'll be kickin it! Everybody, give it up, for my girl, CJ!!" The crowd cheered and CJ walked out on to the stage. The crowd's cheer died down and a pair of hundreds of eyes looked up at her. CJ locked eyes with Aaron and he gave her a thumbs up. CJ smiled and swallowed hard. She looked at the audience, smiling to herself. She was about to start, when she looked up at the over head lights up on the ceiling. Automatically, flashes played through her mind. Frightning and hurtfull images. CJ shrieked and stepped back, her eyes still on the light. Her face was scrunched up in pain and terror.

" CJ?" Aaron sat up and stared wide eyed up at her. Suddenly a huge flash, flashed in her face. CJ screamed and the mic slipped out of her hand and clanked on the floor loudly. She breathed hard, skaking tremdously. She let out a cry and ran off the stage.

" CJ!!" Aaron got up and sprinted after her. Jay right behind him.

************

CJ burst through the side doors, entering the cold dark alley behind the club. Her knees buckled and she dropped to the ground, sobbing hard. She curled up into a fetal position and cried. Aaron and Jay burst throught the same door, searching for CJ.

" CJ!" Aaron ran over to her and gently placed a hand on her shaky body.

" Baby?" He moved her out of the way. He picked her up and held her in his arms. He rocked her shaky body back and forth, whispering comforting words in her ear. Jay looked at her sadly. He stroked her hair softly. Aaron looked at Jay and took a deep breath.

" Don't worry baby....I'm not going to ask." He whispered in her ear.

" Thank you..." She whispered so softly, Aaron could barely hear her but he knew what she said. Aaron stood up and they walked toward the car.

" Jay, you drive." Aaron tossed the keys to him.

" No, prob man." They got in and drove away.

***********************

Jay pulled up in the driveway and parked the car. They got out, Aaron carrying CJ toward the house and inside.

" Aaron, honey is that you?" Ginger, Aaron's mom, called out.

" Yeah." He said, weakly. She came out into the hallway.

" Honey, dinner's in the mic...." She trailed off when she saw him holding CJ and she was sobbing silently, " What happened to CJ?" Aaron sighed and walked past her.

" I'll talk to you in a minute."

" Okay." She said, turning her glance toward Jay. Aaron carryied CJ up the stairs and slipped into his bedroom. CJ finally stopped crying, but her breathing was shallow. Aaron lowered her on the bed and pulled the covers over her. He kissed her forehead, tenderly. He looked at her for a long while before retreating back out of the room. He ran a tired hand over his face and entered the kitchen where Ginger and Jay were talking.

" I already told her." Jay told him, when Aaron entered the room. Aaron nodded and leaned against the counter.

" If CJ loves singing so much, why did she do that?" Ginger asked, confused.

Aaron shrugged, " I don't know. I'm not even going to talk to her about it. I love her and if she doesn't want me to question, then I won't. I respect her about that."

" I think she'll come around." Ginger smiled.

" I'll talk to her...but now isn't the right time." Jay nodded in agreement, " You know what?"

" What?" Jay said,

" I don't think it was stage fright or the crowd that scared her so bad."

" No?" Jay frowned.

Aaron shook his head, " No. I noticed something odd. She wasn't even looking at the crowd, she was looking up at the ceiling....into one of those over head lights."

Jay blinked, " The light scared her?"

Aaron took a deep breath, " I don't know. All I know is that, it wasn't the crowd....it was something else."

" What was something else?" Taelyn said, bouncing into the kitchen.

" Nothing, Taelyn." Aaron said, flattly.

" Come on Tae, bedtime." Jay took her hand and took her upstairs to tuck her in. Aaron kissed his mom on the cheek and slowly retreated back up the stairs. He opened the door to his bedroom slightly and slipped in. He stood by the doorway, with his arms crossed, just gazing upon CJ's sleeping body. His eyes were sad and empty. He took a deep breath and leaned agaisn't the wall. Tears glincened in his eyes, when he found himself thinking about what had happened. He feared for her. He had to know what happened and why it happened. He feared it was something bad. Was CJ not telling him something? He didn't think she was telling him the whole truth.....

He covered his face with his hand and let out a quiet sob. He walked over to the bed and kneeled down beside it. He placed his hand gently on top of her. He kissed her hand softly and nussled his nose against it softly. He laid his head down on her hand and cried softly. He cried for nothing expect.....CJ.

*************************************

Aaron opened the door and stepped out in the hallway. He leaned against the door and sighed sadly.

" Aar?" Aaron looked to his left and saw Jay walking up, " Can you take me home?" Aaron nodded and grabbed his keys.

*************************************

" Thanks for the ride, man."

" No, prob."

" See ya." Jay stepped out of the car and closed the door.

" Bye." He pulled out of the driveway and went back home.

************************************

Aaron pulled his pickup into the driveway and turned it off. He didn't step out, only looked at the person standing near their car, looking right at him.

" Oh crap." He said, annoyed. He unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of his truck.

" It's one in the morning, Craig. What the hell are you doing here?"

" Have you thought about?"

Aaron looked at him blankly, " Thought about it? I was suppost to think about something?"

Craig sighed in frustration, " About CJ, man."

Aaron huffed, " Oh my God, Craig, will you lay off?"

" I'm telling you man, you need to get away---"

" Why?" Aaron interruped, " Can you a least go a couple of minutes, answering my questions?"

Craig took a deep breath, " She's going to hurt you." He rushed out.

" Huh?"

" Your a celeb Aaron! CJ doesn't care about you. All she cares about is your money and the publicity she gets when she's seen with you! I know how these chicks are, dude. When you met Britney, I knew she was no good. And I tryed to tell you that she wasn't who she seemed to be. Am I right? Or am I right?" Aaron looked at him with cold eyes.

" You were right about Britney...but CJ is NOT Britney! Not even close!"

" How do you know?" Aaron stared at him, " You know how many girls would love to be yours? To go out and spend your money and brag that's she's Aaron Carter's girlfriend?" Aaron sighed and turned to walk back up to the porch.

" Well, that is some what true.."

" See?"

" But, Craig. CJ, didn't even no I was a celebrity before she even met me. She never heard of me before." He said, sitting on the bench.

" That's even worse! A girl finds out your a celebrity and then all of a sudden there bragin to the world, spending your money and pretending to paise you. Then untill you know it, your heart his broken and she takes you to hell with her, to make you miserable. They don't let you go. And it's not the reason you think, either, man."

" Who are you?"

" Wha?"

" Who ARE you!"

Craig leaned forward and looked into his eyes, " A friend tyring to keep you from falling into hell."

" No, your just a backstabbing friend, trying to tear us apart! You know what? Your words mean nothing to me. I don't even no why you even bothered to even try to tear apart, you know why? Cause it's not going to happen. She's not going to hurt me and you can tell me over and over and over that she is...but I don't care. Craig, if you keep this up, you can just go find yourself a new best friend. " He stood up, " You know, I have to admit, you were right about all the girls I have dated. I mean that was pretty good jugde of character man, but you know what? This time...your so wrong! Why dont' you stop trying okay, cause it's not working." He turned to toward the door ready to go in.

" Well, don't come crying to me, when she breaks your heart." Aaron stopped and turned around. His expression blank.

" When she doesn't break my heart, i'm gonna break you in half. Good fucking night, Craig."