- Text Size +
Aaron and CJ walked hand in hand into the crowded opera theater in downtown Orlando. As they slowly walked in, Aaron looked at CJ, his expression soft, but at the same time he was worried. He squeezed her hand lightly and kissed her cheek. She smiled at him and cuddled up against him. They finally got to their seats and sat down. Aaron looked at her once again and prayed she would say something. Anything. But she didn't. She just looked straight forward with no expression at all. Her expression made it seem like she wasn't even there. Aaron took a deep breath and closed his eyes. His eyes snapped open when he felt CJ's soft hand gently grab his and hold it firmly. He looked at her and his eyes slammed into hers. She gave him a small smile and rested her head on his shoulder. Aaron sucked in a breath and placed his arms around her, kissing her temple tenderly.

About an hour into the show, Aaron become even more nervous. He was afraid, he'll never be able to ask her about last night. The opera singer sang beautifully. Aaron slowly looked back at CJ and almost immediately felt his heart leap up to his throat. CJ portrayed a look that was too hurtful to explain. She just looked so scared and so alone, Aaron could feel the darkness and the silence start to surround him. He licked his lips and continued to watch the opera singer sing.

Later that night, after the show, the couple walked outside hand in hand in complete silence. They walked down the street, none of them said a word. Aaron took a deep breath.

" So, did you like the show?" He asked her nervously. She stayed quiet for a long while.

" Yeah." She finally whispered. Aaron let out a breath and stopped her. He stood in front of her and grabbed her shoulders.

" CJ, please tell me the truth. You didn't like it did you?" CJ closed her eyes and sighed.

" I did like it, Aar. I really did. I was very beautiful. But...." She trailed off.

" But what?" He asked calmly. CJ could feel the tears start to form. ' God, please help me tell him'. She prayed in her mind. CJ lifted Aaron's hands off her shoulders and held them.

" I appreciate everything that you have done for me, Aaron. Your love is all I need and it's the only think I'll cherish for the rest of my life. When I watch a show with someone singing, it hurts me, because singing isn't a part of my life anymore." She took a deep breath and continued, " When I was six, my life was torn away from me. I came in the house singing and really happy. Singings always made me happy. My mom and my dad attacked me and beat me. They told me to stop singing, because it was like pain to their and souls. They said I was the worst and they threatened to kill me if I ever sing again. Everytime I sing, it frightens me, because I remember back to that day. It's not just a memory. It's a nightmare! A nightmare that won't go away. I want to sing at the audition. I really do. I always believed that singing made me free. But I'm scared that if I go up on that stage, I'll see a flash and....and that nightmare will return again." She sobbed hard, barely getting the words out. Aaron placed his finger under her chin and lifted her head up. The moon shined on her tears, making them glisten.

" CJ, do you want Jive?" He asked her. She took a shaky breath.

" Yes!" She cried. Aaron looked deeply into her eyes.

" Then your the one that's gonna have to make it happen. It's all you." She took a deep breath and smiled. They passionately and embraced.