- Text Size +
CJ took a deep breath, looking out into the stage. She wore a white sequin gown, that hugged her figure. Her hair was up in a very cute way, a curl hung her face. Her makeup, lighted up her face, making her green eyes sparkle in the spotlight above her. She took another breath and closed her eyes. She let out a breath and turned around toward Aaron, who was standing behind her with a warm smile on his face.

" Are you ready?" He whispered in a soothing voice. CJ swallowed hard and nodded.

" I think so." She said in a tiny voice. Aaron cupped her face in his hands and stepped closer to her.

" Your gonna be great. If you need me, I'm right here. I won't leave this spot, I promise. Your not going to be alone in this. You can do this, CJ. I believe in you." He leaned down and kissed her sweetly, " Now, is the time to Shine, Chloe Martin." She smiled up at him, her eyes slamming into his.

" Chloe Martin!!" A loud voice came from out in the audience. CJ jumped at the sound of his voice. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and stood still. She took a deep breath, turned and ran back into his arms.

" Oh, hunnie..." He held her tightly, whispering comforting words in her ear.

" Aaron, I'm scared! I can't---"

" No, no, no baby no." He hushed her, " It's going to be okay."

" But, the-the judge hates me." She cried.

" Forget him. It's all you out there, CJ. Your the star, not him. Just close your eyes and pretend your upon a stage, your all alone. Nobody is around. It's just you." He told her. CJ snapped her head and entered reality yet again. A small smile played along her lips as she thought about it. She glanced up at Aaron and kissed him passionately.

" You'll stay?" Aaron smiled and kissed her again.

" I'll be here the whole way. I love you, CJ."

" I love you, too." She whispered. She let out a breath and continued on to the stage. She walked over to the stage and stopped behind the microphone. Mr. Gardner tipped his glasses and peered over the rims of his glasses.

" You know, I do recall that I called you like five minutes ago, am I correct?"

CJ swallowed, " Yes, that's correct."

He shrugged, " Then why are you out here now?"

" I-I had personal problem."

" well then, if it's personal then I won't ask." He sat back in his chair and gazed at her, " You look awfully different from when I saw you last. I'm flattered that you would want to change for me." He smirked.

" I didn't change for you. I change for myself." She said to him.

" Yup. Sure you did. You know Chloe, I like the new you. The old you gave me nightmare's every night." He said rudely, his eyes cold. She breathed in sharply, trying to destroying that rude comment that was made to her.

" Um....CJ hunnie, do you have your song?" Jessica asked with a warm smile.

CJ smiled, " Yes I do."

" Okay, you----"

" Hurry up and sing you little song so I can go home!" CJ sighed and glared at him for a split second.

" Okay, hunnie, you can begin." CJ nodded slowly and her music. She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself on that stage alone. She tried harder and harder but she couldn't. She sighed, knowing she just lost. She opened her eyes and looked up into the light above. She flinched when she saw a quick flash. Her breathing became fast and hard. She glanced over at Aaron. Her breathing slowly started to slow down, when she knew what was more important. He smiled at her and that smile was worth a thousand words. She turned back toward the judges. Then she looked back up at the light. No flash came. It wanted too, but didn't. CJ wouldn't let it. She wouldn't let another horrifying memory stop her from doing what she loved to do. Her faith is what helped her fight the nightmare. The nightmare will not haunt her tonight...not tonight, not ever again.


*When I'm lost...in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way
When I'm scared
Losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around
And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got

For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you-ooh

When I lose...the will to win
I just reach for you
And I can reach the sky again
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing
'Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend
You're always on my side
Giving me faith
taking me through the night


For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
I turn to you-ooh, yeah ooh

For the arms to be my shelter
Through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For the one who...I can run to...oh
I turn to you

(Joined by Background Vocals)
For a shield from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm, yeah yeah
I turn to you
For the strength to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you...ooh.*

In someone's fantasy, a bunch of fireworks would go off at the end of something awesome. But CJ's ending was something more than that. The look on the judge's faces were priceless.

" Yes!!" Aaron ran over to CJ and scooped her up in his arms and swung her around happily. CJ couldn't believe it. She finally did it. The feeling was so overwhelming, you couldn't explain it in English.

" Oh baby, I love you so much!" He kissed her passionately, " I knew you could do it!"

" I love you!" She squealed and held him tighter.

" And I love you. You mean the world to me, baby." He whispered, capturing his lips with hers

" Ms. Martin?" Mr Gardner cleared his throat. CJ jumped away from Aaron, feeling a little embarrassed.

" Yes sir?" Mr. Gardner clicked his pen against his notebook.

" I can't say this on the record yet. But welcome to Jive." CJ gasped and she felt her heart stop at that exact moment. Aaron scooped her up in his arms once again, both of them crying in happiness.

" Thank you sir. Thank you so much!" Mr. Gardner gave her a small smile and nod. CJ took ahold of Aaron's hand they raced backstage. Once backstage, CJ happily jumped back into his arms.