- Text Size +
Aaron burst through the front door of his house and raced to the phone. He yanked the phone up and fumbled with it. Tears blurred his vision as he struggled to dial a number. Finally he got the number punched in. He grabbed the rail of the stairs to steady himself.

" Hello?" A voice came on the other end. It was Jay.

" She's gone, Jay! They took her!" He cried.

" What?"

" They just came and took her away!"

" Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Aaron. Who took who away, man?" Jay asked calmly. Aaron took a deep breath. He looked up and saw Craig walking toward him. He glared at him for a split second before turning his attention back to Jay.

" Her parents. They just came and took her away. I'm scared, man. They yelled and screamed at her and did something terrible. Something I can't explain to you!" He cried.

Jay gasped, " Oh no. What do you want me to do?"

" I need you to go with me to the airport. We need to get CJ back, man."

" Alright, I'll be right there. Were gonna get her back man, I promise." Aaron let out a breath.

" I hope. See ya." He hung up the phone and turned toward Craig, " Craig what are you doing here?" Craig laughed and rubbed his hands together.

" You know, Aar. I absolutely LOVE being right." He snooted. Aaron whirled around and glared at him.

" Craig don't you start with me." He hissed, getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"I knew this was going to happen. Why are you being so naive, Aaron? Is it that hard to believe your best friend that your going to get hurt?" Aaron couldn't take it anymore. He shrunk back and and punched Craig right in the face, knocking him backwards.

" Your not my best friend." He gritted through his teeth. Just then Jay came running in.

" Aaron, come on!" Aaron joined Jay outside and they raced toward Jay's truck.

" Let's go! Lets go!" Aaron hopped in and buckled his seatbelt, " Hit it!" Jay punched the gas and flew down the streets as fast as he could.


******************


Back at the hotel, Kelly walked around in CJ's room. Tears stained her cheeks as she looked around the messed up room. She sighed and picked up CJ's bible and tape recorder. She frowned and slowly sat the bible down. She lifted up the recorder and examined it. The record button on the recorder was on. She pushed the rewind button the played it. She gasped as she heard the entire fight her and her father had earlier. The screaming, the hitting....everything.

" Oh my God....."


******************


Jay flew down the highway and screeched into the parking lot of the airport. He parked the car and they ran over to the airport entrance. They ran in and fought through the crowd. Aaron finally spotted CJ walking through the terminal.

" CJ!" He yelled over the noisy crowd, " CJ!!"


*****


CJ stopped when she heard a familiar voice.

" Aaron?" She whispered to herself.

" Come on!!" Her mother yanked her by the arm. She lowered her head and began walking again.

" CJ!!"

" Jay?" She frowned and turned around. She gasped when she saw Aaron and Jay running toward her.

" Aaron? Jay?" She yelled. Her parents grabbed her and began to drag her to the waiting plane.

" No! Let go! Aaron!!" She thrashed her arms and kicked wildly trying to get loose.

" Chloe Jaylyne! You stop it right now!!" Her mother scolded her. CJ stopped struggling and faced her.

" My name is CJ, mother." She hissed. She yanked her arm away and sprinted to Aaron and Jay. She ran into Aaron's arms and cried. He held her tightly, not wanting to let go.

" It' s okay. It's okay baby."

" Don't let them take me! Please Aaron, don't let them take me away!" She cried.

" I won't." He whispered.

" Let go of her!!!" Mr. Martin yelled, grabbing CJ by the back of the neck, yanking her away from Aaron. The screaming and fighting soon began.

" Hey! Hey!! HEY!!!!" Some police officers came running up and broke them apart. Two officers held Jay and Aaron back, while the other one stood in between the boys and the Martins.

" What is going on here?" The officer said sternly.

" I'm sorry officer, were just trying to get home. But our daughter is just having a bad day, she doesn't know what she's doing. Ain't that right CJ?" Her mother smirked. The officer looked at CJ and crossed his arms, waiting for an answer.

" Miss are these your parents?" He asked. CJ swallowed hard, her head feeling very heavy. Finally she nodded, with difficulty.

" So,what's the problem?" The officer asked CJ.

" Oh, I can answer that question officer." Mrs. Martin pipped up, " It's because of that boy right there!" She said, pointing an angry finger at Aaron, " He's trying to take our daughter away from us!"

Aaron gasped, " That is not true! All I'm trying to do is protect her from you!!" He yelled. The officer turned on his heal and faced him.

" Hey, now that's enough from you!!" He said with a warning glance.

" I'm sorry for the confusion officer." Mr. Martin said with a fake smile.

" It's all right sir. You guys go ahead and catch your flight." He told them, " And you two better go home right now. I don't want to see you around her again." Aaron took a breath and made an attempt to grab CJ but the officers behind him held him back. He felt defeated. He looked at CJ with sad eyes.

" Aaron, help me." She pleaded. Aaron choked back a sob.

" I can't....I love you." He cried. CJ stared at him in disbelief. She shook her head not believing what was happening. Aaron began struggling to breathe. He let out a sob and fell into Jay's arms. Aaron loved CJ more than anything and it seemed like he couldn't breathe anymore. His air was taken away. A tear escaped Jay's eye as he watched CJ disappear from eye view....