- Text Size +
The next morning CJ, woke up to the sound of loud talking coming from outside. She sighed and pushed back her covers. She sat up and stretched. CJ got up and went to her small window and looked out. She gasped in delight, at the sight she saw. There standing outside was Miss Parker with a beautiful small creature, CJ has never seen before, but it was beautiful. She squealed in delight. CJ quickly slipped her shoes on and ran outside. Once outside she gasped. It was even more beautiful up close. CJ slowly stepped forward to the small creature, reaching a hand out to it.

" Don't touch it!!" Timmey, one of CJ's brothers shouted. CJ glared at him.

" I just wanted to pet it! What is it, anyway?" She said, turning back to the creature. Timmey rolled his eyes.

" It's a pony, stupid!" CJ stepped back and growled.

" Well, excuse me dipweed, I didn't know what it was! I never seen one before..." She trailed off when the pony come up to her and nuzzled her. CJ giggled and patted the pony on the head.

" Look, Tim. She likes me." CJ smiled and kissed the ponies nose. Timmey rolled his eyes and walked away.

" It looks like she sure does, CJ." Miss Parker said, kneeling down to CJ's height and put her arm around her, " Which is a very good thing, because she your birthday present. Happy Birthday, Darling. " She kissed CJ's cheek, sweetly. CJ smiled. Today, CJ is seven years old. Her birthday's were never fun, cause her family seemed to forget or they just didn't care. The only presents she got was the one's from Miss Parker and for that CJ was blessed.

" She's really mine?" CJ asked, softly stroking the ponies head.

" She sure is ." Miss Parker smiled.

" Oh Miss Parker, thank you so much!" CJ hugged her tightly, " I promise, I'll take real good care of her. " CJ said, a small tear escaping her eye.

" I know you will." She said, sweetly pushing back CJ's soft curly hair.

" Hold on." CJ's mom said sternly. CJ and Miss Parker pulled apart and looked at her, " Miss Parker, Chloe can't have that bloody horse." Miss Parker frowned and stood up.

" Why is that Sandy? It's her birthday, today. I always get her something. " She said, grabbing CJ's hand and squeezing it.

" There is now way, Chloe is getting a horse. She can't take care of it, she can't even take care of herself. No, just forget it!" CJ's shoulders slumped. Miss Parker let go of CJ's hand and walked over to her mother.

" Sandy, when was the last time, CJ got to do anything? Take care of Something? She maybe only six....seven, but I think she is perfectly capable of taking care of a harmless horse. " Miss Parker said. Sandy pressed her lips together, angrily. Miss Parker sighed and glanced at CJ. The look on CJ's face hurt her. CJ finally got a real friend and now that friend may go away, even though it was just a horse.

" You know what? Fine! Chloe, you can keep that bloody monster, but your the one that's gonna have to take care of it. If you ask me for anything, that has to do with that damn thing, it's going to mean your hide!" She threatened and walked back into the house. CJ shook her head and happily plunged back into Miss Parkers arms.

" Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squealed, squeezing her tightly. Miss Parker laughed.

" Your welcome, Darling. Now can you loosen your grip so I can breathe." CJ quickly let to of her and smiled.

" Sorry." She said, laughing. Miss Parker bent down to CJ's height.

" Happy......CJ?" She said, her smile fading. CJ frowned and narrowed her eyes.

" What's wrong, Miss Parker?" Miss Parker licked her lips and took a deep breath.

" CJ, what happened to your lip?" CJ quickly placed her fingers over her lip, slightly panicking.

" I....uh....I ran into the door, trying to get out here this morning. Yeah, clumsy me." Miss Parker smiled sweetly.

" Well, sweety be careful next time. That's one nasty cut."

" I will." CJ said, nodding.

" Well, I got to go. Happy Birthday, CJ." She said, kissing CJ sweetly on the cheek. She stood up straight and headed to her car.

" Miss Parker?" CJ said. Miss Parker turned around and smiled.

" Yes, Darling?"

" Your like a mother I never had." CJ said, sweetly. Miss Parker felt her heart skip a beat.

" Well, CJ....your like a daughter I never had." They smiled sweetly at each other. Miss Parker turned, got in her car, and drove away. CJ looked over at the pony and gently pushed her to start walking. The pony walking along with CJ until they got to an old stable down at the river. She patted the pony on the back and faced her, cradling her head in her hands.

" You need a name...." CJ said, thinking of name for her pony, " Goldie. Your name will be Goldie." She smiled and sat down on an old tool box in front of Goldie. Goldie's eyes slammed into CJ's piercing green ones.

" Were going to be friends forever and ever." Goldie nodded her head, making CJ laugh. She got up and wrapped her arms around Goldie, " No one is going to take you away from me. No one." Goldie rested her head of against CJ softly, hugging her back.