- Text Size +
The gang sat in the SUV, listening to Mr. Johnson and Ms. Baker chatter away. They laughed and laughed at each other's lame jokes. The gang groaned and slumped in their seats.

" Hey, Mr. Johnson?" Trevor said. He continued on talking, " Mr. Johnson...freeze..like half time?" Mr Johnson stopped talking and looked at Trevor.

" What can I do for you Mr. Skye's?" He smiled.

" Where exactly are we going?"

" I hope it's the hotel first. I need my beauty sleep before I do my thing." Victoria said. Rose rolled her eyes.

" Oh, your my dream come true." She said sarcastically. Victoria shot her a dirty look. Mu Johnson chuckled.

" Actually, right now we are headed to the venue where your auditions will be held next week. We have interviews sat up for each of you when we get there, so don't go wondering around. Later your going to be judged on you appearance. Now I better warn you right now, that this people judging you are not the nicest people in the world. They are very strict and won't tolerate any nonsense . So if your the angry or emotional type, I suggest you hold your feeling in until you get back to the hotel." He told them. CJ looked down at what she was wearing. ' Their going to judge you on you appearance? Well I'm screwed.' All she wore was a dress two sizes too small on and she was a total mess. CJ never thought she was pretty and that's the reason why everybody hated her. For once in here lifetime, she wishes someone will love her for what they see on the inside and the outside. To her, that's never gonna happen. But what she knows...may be wrong.

" Don't worry, Mr. Johnson. There won't be any problems." Victoria said with a smirk.

" I hope not. I would hate for one of you talented young adults be sent home before the week is over." He warned them. They agreed and stayed silent for the rest of the ride to the venue

The SUV slowed to a stop in front of a huge luxurious building.

" Okay you guys. When we go in I want you to grab a coke and a smile and be on your best behavior." Ms Baker said sternly. Behind her, Trevor was mocking her, " That means you too, Trevor!" Trevor stopped and went silent, making everyone of laughing. They all walked up to the building and walked in. They gasped loudly at the sight of the inside. They were too busy gawking at the beautiful venue, they didn't see some angry looking group of people on the stage, staring them down. One of them cleared their throat loudly, causing the gang to jump back startled.

" ARE YOU NORTH APPLETON?!" A woman in her mid forties rang across the huge auditorium.

" Yeah, were the coke at?" Trevor yelled back. Both Kelly and Rose, slapped him upside the head, " What, I'm thirsty." He said rubbing his head.

" Uh, yes, were North Appleton ma'am." Kelly told them.

" Your late! GET OVER HERE!!" An old looking guy snapped. They all jumped at his outburst and raced to the stage. When they got there, they knew that these two weeks were going to be the longest of their lives.

******************

The old guy charged at them in a mad rage.

" You were supposed to be here at 12:00! It's now 12:03! If your late one more time, kiss your audition goodbye!!" He boomed. The gang flinched. They nodded slowly.

" LINE UP!!" He yelled. They quickly lined up, " Stand up straight, shoulders back!" He informed them.

" Dude, what is this? The military?" Trevor snickered. The guy changed toward him and stuck his face in his, literally.

" Did I say you can speak?!"

" No, sir."

" You must've not have heard me A-hole!! Did I say you can speak?!" Trevor breathed hard, his eyes wide. He shook his head, repeatedly.

" Very good. Now, the two weeks you are, you will not---I say NOT, cheat yourselves out of anything! You will not go out partying! You will not be LATE! You will do as your guardian tells you! And most of all, under any circumstances you will not assume that you will walk out of this country as a winner. Cause in reality...there are no winners. You guys on the other hand are losers. During the your auditions, you can just stand up on this stage, sing your gay little song and look pretty. Some of you may be able to pull that off....but the rest of you can keep on dreaming." He said harshly. The gang glanced at each other, all of them except CJ. She tried her hardest to keep her tears in. The guy walked back up to them and stared them down hard.

" Now....appearence time." He first walked up to Victoria.

Vict: " Too slutty."

Rose: " Not pretty."

Kelly: " Too Pretty."

Trevor: " No comment."

Finally he reached CJ. He stood there for a long time staring at her like she was an alien. It made CJ very nervous and she did her best to avoid eye contact. Then he started to laugh.

" Ms. Baker?"

" Sir?"

" Where did you find this one?" He glared at CJ, " The garbage?" He said coldly.

" I just have one thing to say to you, " CJ swallowed hard, " .....Dis-gusting." Victoria snickered, causing him to snap his head in her direction, his eyes blazing.

" This business....is all about the money, the talent, and the looks. This business only wants the talented good looking Artists. But I have to admit, you guys may have talent, if you didn't you wouldn't be here right now, but....you don't have the looks. None of you. I just think you all wasted your time even coming down here. " He said coldly, " Mrs. Davis?" He snapped. A woman in her late twenties jumped.

" Sir?"

" I'm done with these no good-talentless-ugly mothers. Their all yours." He turned on his head and walked out of the venue, slamming the door behind him.

" Okay, you guys can breathe now. " Mrs Davis said. They all let out their breath they have been holding in for so long. Anger and disappointment ran across their faces.

" Okay, you guys my name is Mrs. Davis, but you can all call me Jessica." She said nicely, " I will be interviewing each of you in just a short while. Now...for the millionth time today, I would like to apologized for Mr. Gardner's behavior. Your not the only group he was so hateful too. The group before you got it ten times worse than you just did. But you guys just got to understand something about Mr. Gardner. He's just being the way he is, because he's trying to teach you guys." Jessica told them.

" Teach us what exactly?" Rose spoke softly. Jessica's look softened.

" He's trying to get you to see the negative harsh bull crap that goes on in this business. The bosses, the criticizing, the pressure. Some people think it's easy, but you know what...it's not. Mr. Gardner is a very nice man. But the way he spoke to you guys just now, was his job. If you going to survive in this business, you gonna have to learn to believe in yourself and ignore it." Jessica looked at CJ and walked over to her, " If not, you won't make it." She whispered to CJ. She bowed her head and nodded slowly.

" Sweetie, do you come from a poor family?" She asked.

CJ sighed, " Yes ma'am. I do."

" Where in England do you live?"

" I live in London. Well...not in London, but about 5 miles South of London. " A sad look spread across Jessica's face.

" How often do you go shopping?"

" I never went shopping. I never really go into the city, only to go to school." Jessica nodded.

" So, you don't get anything for Christmas? Your Birthday?"

CJ lowered her eyes, " We don't celebrate Christmas." She said sadly. Jessica crossed her arms in front of her chest.

" What about your birthday?"

" No. But I did get something for my birthday from a dear friend of mine." CJ said, smiling a little.

" What did you get?"

" I was six years old, going on Seven and my friend got me a pony. It took her years to come up with the money to get her for me. She got me just one thing every year and I was blessed for that." Jessica frowned.

" So, you family doesn't celebrate your birthday? Why?" CJ looked at her sadly.

" They just don't care." Jessica flinched. ' That poor girl. I think she needs this more than anybody.' Jessica thought to herself. She smiled and moved a piece of hair.

" You are so pretty." CJ shook her head.

" No, I'm not....."

" Sweety....yes you are. It's not your fault that you look like this, but were gonna fix you up nicely." CJ's eyes lip up.

" Don't worry, Jessica. I got it covered." Kelly said, winking at CJ. Her eyes widened and she turned her attention to Jessica.

" Now...one two more questions." She smiled, " What's your name? And how old are you?"

CJ smiled, " My name is Chloe Jaylyne Martin and I'm seventeen years old." Jessica smiled and gave her a hug. They parted, Jessica smiling sweetly at her.

" Okay...interview time for everyone except CJ." Jessica said laughing.

" Wait! Why not CJ?" Trevor asked. Jessica smirked.

" Cause I already interviewed her, " She said smiling, " Your turn."